Author Topic: San Diego Battletech  (Read 49825 times)

JamesPryde

• Corporal
  • Star Captain James Pryde
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike Association
« Reply #90 on: 04 February 2019, 01:52:43 »
Gotta do my game on the 9th I'm on duty the 16th. I'm bringing my friend Nick.
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Major "Jumpin'" Jack Damien
Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #91 on: 04 February 2019, 02:15:30 »
The 9th it is.  I will call the shop tomorrow and make sure we don't get bumped out again.  Plan on 11:00 start at Game Empire.

Giovanni, if you can't make the 9th, I'm happy to play on the 16th as well.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #92 on: 07 February 2019, 01:16:15 »
Good evening all.  The first mission for this new campaign is attached.  If there are any questions, by all means, please ask them.  Game info for those viewing who might wish to drop in:

When: Saturday, February 9th, 11:00 AM
Where:  Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #93 on: 07 February 2019, 02:46:45 »
Should be good for the 9th, though I haven't found all my minis, so the forces I'll be running look more like a typical Mercy's dog's breakfast. I'll send an updated tomorrow.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #94 on: 07 February 2019, 10:50:50 »
Should be good for the 9th, though I haven't found all my minis, so the forces I'll be running look more like a typical Mercy's dog's breakfast. I'll send an updated tomorrow.

No worries.  And if there is mini you need, I'm happy to share if I have it and I'm not using it.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #95 on: 09 February 2019, 19:05:14 »
Gentlemen, thank you for the game today.  I had a great time and seems like everyone enjoyed the first track.  Congrats to Giovanni for bringing in the first salvage. :thumbsup:  I'll have Track 2 ready to go shortly.  I'll post it up when I'm done.  And I'll have the pics up in After Action before long here.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #96 on: 09 February 2019, 20:34:41 »
Wife and I are at storage right now. What did I literally just find?

All my BattleMechs.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #97 on: 09 February 2019, 21:23:27 »

All my BattleMechs.
Sweet! :thumbsup: 8)

James, Gio just asked this in lieu of finding his stash, and I wanted to pass on my decision.  Any units that have not been deployed already, you have one last chance to swap them out for something else.  Still has to fit the time period, and must be within +/- 5 PV of the previous unit.  Any and all units deployed today must remain.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 09 February 2019, 21:27:21 »
Is that +/- for each individual unit, as in 'Mech or vehicle, or overall?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #99 on: 09 February 2019, 21:31:05 »
For the individual unit, whatever that may be.  Being the first campaign for us, this will be a fluid work in progress as the kinks get worked out. ;)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #100 on: 10 February 2019, 22:11:23 »
Good evening everyone.  Track 2 is attached.  This will be a bit more challenging than a bunch hovercraft zipping around. ;)  Please ask questions, especially if something doesn't seem clear.

For the moment it looks like I will have Satudays off again next month.  So whatever works for you guys. :)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 11 February 2019, 15:28:40 »
For the individual unit, whatever that may be.  Being the first campaign for us, this will be a fluid work in progress as the kinks get worked out. ;)

OK, ran into a bit of an oddity.  Found a case where a unit, before factoring skill, was 4 or 5 points above the unit I'd planned to replace, and after applying skills, was 6 points higher.  To confirm, is the +/- 5 points before or after skill mods, then?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #102 on: 11 February 2019, 19:54:18 »
I was thinking in terms of final cost of the new unit versus that of the unit being replaced.

JamesPryde

• Corporal
« Reply #103 on: 20 February 2019, 19:40:05 »

All my BattleMechs.
Oh no...flight of the Shadow Hawk swam threatens all!!!!  :P
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

JamesPryde

• Corporal
« Reply #104 on: 20 February 2019, 19:41:55 »
Sweet! :thumbsup: 8)

James, Gio just asked this in lieu of finding his stash, and I wanted to pass on my decision.  Any units that have not been deployed already, you have one last chance to swap them out for something else.  Still has to fit the time period, and must be within +/- 5 PV of the previous unit.  Any and all units deployed today must remain.

Sounds good I'll look my stuff over.
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #105 on: 21 February 2019, 00:12:34 »
What's a good day to play the next round?  Right now I'm looking at either March 9th or the 16th.  I hope to be golfing on the 3rd, weather permitting of course.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #106 on: 21 February 2019, 09:52:53 »
Tentatively looking OK for those days. The 23rd-24th are pretty much out, though.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #107 on: 21 February 2019, 10:23:53 »
James is good with those days as well.  So let's go ahead and set it for the 9th.  I'll check with the shop and make sure there isn't anything major going on that day.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #108 on: 23 February 2019, 17:55:14 »
March 9 is in the middle of San Diego Comic Fest, so I may not be available then - I'm checking to see which days my wife wants to go. I may need to do the 16th.

Also, are there any game shops in town that actually stock Battletech minis?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #109 on: 24 February 2019, 01:30:04 »
Didn't know about the comic fest, so we can do the 16th if need be.  James was free that day as well.

As to BT minis in stock anywhere, not that I know of.  I buy all mine from IWM's website.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #110 on: 02 March 2019, 00:36:38 »
Making things official here.  Next game is Saturday, March 16th at Game Empire.  If there are any questions on the next scenario, please do ask.  Looking forward to the match! :thumbsup:

JamesPryde

• Corporal
« Reply #111 on: 04 March 2019, 19:32:04 »
Awesome I'll being Nick!
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #112 on: 13 March 2019, 22:37:36 »
Good evening gents.  We are on for Saturday.  There is a D&D group coming in that day.  Shouldn't be a problem, but to be on the safe side, I'll be there shortly after they open to claim a table.

Also, don't forget to bring a medium and a heavy mech from the 3025 era for some classic play if we finish up the Alpha Strike game quickly.  I'll have the new box sets with me plus the maps from the WWE this year.  See ya guys Saturday. :thumbsup:

When: Saturday, March 16 @ 11:00 AM
Where: Game Empire, 5037 Shawline St, San Diego, CA 92111

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #113 on: 16 March 2019, 12:32:59 »
Running late, but still hope to be there.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #114 on: 16 March 2019, 20:11:12 »
Excellent game today gentlemen. :thumbsup:  Thanks for coming out and I hope everyone had a good time.  I'll post pics up in after action in a bit.

I will finish writing up Track 3 this week and get it posted.  Any thoughts or wishes for next month's game?

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #115 on: 20 March 2019, 22:19:20 »
Ok, it is official.  I've got Saturday, April 20th free, and that's it for next month.  On the upside, I may have another interested player to bring with.  It would be his first time, so I'll have him on my side teaching him the ins and outs.  Hope that date works for everyone.  Apologies for the limited availability.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #116 on: 14 April 2019, 18:33:10 »
Good day all.  Looking forward to the first major battle of this campaign.  See ya all Saturday and good luck. :thumbsup:

When: Saturday, April 20, 11:00 AM

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #117 on: 20 April 2019, 22:16:33 »
Great game today everyone and thank you for coming out. :thumbsup:  Hope everyone enjoyed the game.  While you guys took some hits, you really stuck to the mercs and the Word. 8)

I will have the next phase ready shortly.  You'll have some options on where to go from here.

But before that, I'm looking at starting to sprinkle in some of the advanced rules if everyone is interested.  So if there anything in particular you would like to see, please let me know.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #118 on: 29 April 2019, 20:33:24 »
Good eve all.  Next round is looking like May 25.  Just waiting to hear back from everyone.

Also, don't forget you guys have two options ahead of you: head for the city and spaceport, or make a run for depot #2.  Once you all make your choice I'll get everything written up.

As to advanced rules getting worked in, I'm looking at mines and some alternate munitions.  If that's a go, you as players will have access to it as well (especially since you raided the first depot).  Also considering putting the smoke rules into play.  If anyone has any thoughts or objections, please do share.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #119 on: 19 May 2019, 20:53:37 »
Howdy all.  We are one week out.  If anyone can't make it this week, please let me know so I can tweak unit deployments.  Hope to see you all there. :thumbsup:

And for those following along:

When: Saturday, May 25, 11:00 AM

Have a great week all!

Register