Author Topic: Any More New Artwork Incoming?  (Read 5671 times)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Any More New Artwork Incoming?
« Reply #30 on: 18 October 2018, 09:19:10 »
To answer the question, new re-designs, not just the classics.

When? How? Can’t say yet, and there is, I absolutely gaurantee you, no one more frustrated by the sluggishness of the process than I am.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #31 on: 18 October 2018, 09:28:43 »

When? How? Can’t say yet, and there is, I absolutely gaurantee you, no one more frustrated by the sluggishness of the process than I am.

I feel this validates my frustration and that I'm not just being am entitled gamer, knowing that people in the production processes are frustrated by the sluggishness as well - and more so.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #32 on: 18 October 2018, 10:16:14 »
I feel like you missed the rest of the post after what you quoted. It seemed to encompass every stage in development, not single out a few.

That would be correct. I simply didn't want to go further down the crap line, because I felt my point was obvious.

I feel this validates my frustration and that I'm not just being am entitled gamer, knowing that people in the production processes are frustrated by the sluggishness as well - and more so.

It seems you have never written something that then got put through fact checking, editing yada yada yada ... You wouldn't believe how antsy we writers can become while waiting on all the other people involved to get done and something to get released. It's quite frustrating, even when you understand and know that things simply take their time and doing something quick usually means it won't reach its full potential. I want my babies released the moment I turn them in. Every single time ;)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #33 on: 18 October 2018, 10:28:17 »
Writers need time, otherwise they produce crap. 

Even when they have time, sometimes they produce crap.

Crap that some folks like....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 18 October 2018, 11:35:40 »

When? How? Can’t say yet, and there is, I absolutely guarantee you, no one more frustrated by the sluggishness of the process than I am.

Sounds brilliant.  Looking forward to seeing the new artwork of mechs classic and otherwise!

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #35 on: 18 October 2018, 11:38:07 »
I believe he’s a fellow layout designer, and lamenting how little respect/appreciating/understanding there is for what we do by the other people in the process. Like how long it takes, especially dependent on what we’re given to work with, and the amount of editing post-layout to the material that some people think is acceptable.

Just recently I was given something, *no* notice, in the evening, to go out that evening, with the understanding that all that was required was, I’m quoting, “put a bow on it.” I declined and it was given to a colleague. Nearly a week later it’s still being worked on, changes and new material is still coming in, and every day is ‘for real the last day it absolutely most go.’ Heh.

Absobloodylutely. artwork comes in, copy comes in... design goes out. That's the theory. What ends up happening is artwork might come in, copy might come in, design has to be done first with no concept of what the layout or look of the artwork is or the length of the copy. So changes happen, layout has be to redone. More changes happen, more layout has to be done - repeat, ad nauseum. If there is a deadline of say... 5pm, copy and artwork will come in at 5pm (if not later), artwork gets done in the mythical hours of time between 4.59pm and 5.00pm. Layout should always be last, reflecting artwork and copy. Not first, not inbetween and definitely NOT before all the changes and tweaks gets done to artwork and copy. Artwork might be all sexy and copy might be all the important information bits but unless you have decent and competent layout - it's all garbage. Also artwork has to be given time, cause it's never the fault of artwork nor copy... always layout when it goes sideways.

Here endeth the rant... for now :)

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #36 on: 18 October 2018, 14:00:04 »
I believe he’s a fellow layout designer, and lamenting how little respect/appreciating/understanding there is for what we do by the other people in the process. Like how long it takes, especially dependent on what we’re given to work with, and the amount of editing post-layout to the material that some people think is acceptable.

Just recently I was given something, *no* notice, in the evening, to go out that evening, with the understanding that all that was required was, I’m quoting, “put a bow on it.” I declined and it was given to a colleague. Nearly a week later it’s still being worked on, changes and new material is still coming in, and every day is ‘for real the last day it absolutely most go.’ Heh.

I made the layout of a fan made TRO. It was a real chore and I learnt the hard way how hard is to achieve the levels of CGL. The layout guys from CGL, all of them, deserve a lot of respect and praise for their work. Some parts are fantastic. The rest is awesome. 
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #37 on: 18 October 2018, 16:37:33 »

https://amzn.to/2Oy2HLv

You should run the book through google translate. Will be easy.
Had fun writing it :D
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #38 on: 20 October 2018, 13:11:53 »

Psh, who could possibly like THIS XTRO?  I mean, it's not like anyone would EVER consider it their favorite.

*Looks around nervously*
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Register