Author Topic: More mech art  (Read 2301 times)

lucho

• Warrant Officer
  • say hello to my new friend!
More mech art
« on: 19 October 2018, 05:24:26 »
Here's a render of my latest project, with a paint job. Iḿ not totally happy with the colors- I'm still leaning towards Kurita red- but this is still an initial render.

Main post here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63241.msg1453575#msg1453575
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

lucho

• Warrant Officer
Re: More mech art
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2018, 08:46:34 »
Another render, trying a different paint job

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2018, 21:03:26 »
I finally have a name to that face: Man o' War KU. A Kuritan face lift to a Clan Mech, using IS materials. Equipped with 3 Snub-Nosed PPC's and 3 ER Small Lasers. Doesn't even have to be a omni, just an excuse for them to use a 400 XL rated engine on a frame proven to function well with that large of a engine...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

lucho

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2018, 22:06:16 »
I finally have a name to that face: Man o' War KU. A Kuritan face lift to a Clan Mech, using IS materials. Equipped with 3 Snub-Nosed PPC's and 3 ER Small Lasers. Doesn't even have to be a omni, just an excuse for them to use a 400 XL rated engine on a frame proven to function well with that large of a engine...

Cool. I haven't settled on stats yet, but I did have a working name of SAM-001 Samson. Interesting that you picked up on the Man O'War similarity- it wasn't intentional, but it's unmistakeably there. Good call  8) :thumbsup:

Spinosapper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2018, 23:19:28 »
Nice work!  I like the proportions on this one.  Which "eye" does the mechwarrior sit behind?

"Whoever said, 'never shoot a man in the back' never saw the front of a Hunchback."

lucho

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2018, 09:51:56 »
Nice work!  I like the proportions on this one.  Which "eye" does the mechwarrior sit behind?

Thanks! Working on a new render now, I'll try to post it today.

I'd imagine that the mechwarrior sits more or less in the middle; the cockpit would resemble the driver's seat of a modern bus- big wide windows for better visibility  :)

lucho

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2018, 13:59:00 »
Another render  :)