Author Topic: Quarter 1 2016 Funding - Dragoon AEM-01 Funded!!!!  (Read 39961 times)

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Re: Quarter 1 2016 Funding - Dragoon AEM-01 Funded!!!!
« Reply #90 on: 17 March 2016, 12:38:42 »
 :D :D :D
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #91 on: 17 March 2016, 20:51:43 »
Damnit B-3, you just might have made another mini that I like well enough to buy, despite not being impressed with the artwork.   :P   O0  I didn't care for the Warwolf art either, but after seeing the mini at Gen Con (at the IWM booth) the year it came out, I had to buy a pair of them.  THEN I bought one from the CSO Diorama that year also.   ::)   ;D

This is yet MORE Amazing work from you!   [applause]  [applause]  [applause]
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
« Reply #92 on: 17 March 2016, 23:43:42 »
Always good to hear someone likes my work!  :D
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 19 March 2016, 02:00:25 »

Several someones :)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #94 on: 20 March 2016, 09:17:42 »
Can't wait to get ahold of some of these :)

Thank you for your hard work on this, B-3.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 22 March 2016, 05:27:58 »
I DEFINITELY Like your work Sir!  O0

My Problem now is, do I buy the mini once it is released, or do I wait until some CSO Artist paints one and offers it for sale, and try to buy THAT one?   :-\  I'm NOT a painter myself, so if I can't buy one pre-painted I'll have to commission someone to paint it for me.  :-[
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #96 on: 22 March 2016, 21:14:44 »
I DEFINITELY Like your work Sir!  O0

My Problem now is, do I buy the mini once it is released, or do I wait until some CSO Artist paints one and offers it for sale, and try to buy THAT one?   :-\  I'm NOT a painter myself, so if I can't buy one pre-painted I'll have to commission someone to paint it for me.  :-[

Been a while since the last CSO update...since they updated the front end, looks like...
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #97 on: 22 March 2016, 21:22:07 »
Been a while since the last CSO update...since they updated the front end, looks like...

Anyone know the turn-around time on this mini? i.e.: when we'd be able to buy some copies of it?

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #98 on: 22 March 2016, 21:28:20 »
I would look through the Highlander and Flashman threads to see when sculpting was done. They just got added to the store recently and the date is typically on the IWM product page.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 23 March 2016, 10:09:02 »
I would look through the Highlander and Flashman threads to see when sculpting was done. They just got added to the store recently and the date is typically on the IWM product page.

Ahh. So around 4-6 months, looks like.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #100 on: 21 May 2016, 22:44:28 »
Any updates?

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #101 on: 22 May 2016, 09:22:52 »
At this point we'll probably know once IWM updates its release schedule page on its website.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #102 on: 22 May 2016, 20:49:24 »
I have no further information to provide an update with, so we will have to patiently wait for speck to find some time to provide us an update.

As noted above, the other Fan Fundication efforts have generally taken 4-6 months to go into production after the master sculpt has been approved by the QCC.

I will note that we are fast approaching convention season in the US, with IWM due to make appearances at Origins in June, Historicon in July and Gencon in August which means that the molding and production rooms at IWM are probably working overtime as they ramp up production to support both IWM and other companies that IWM do contract work for in preparation for having fully stocked convention booths plus convention limited editions and other goodies.

Please be patient, we may be pleasantly surprised in the Dragoon becomes available at a convention special like the fan-funded Primitive Rifleman was previously. However, this is all speculation on my part as I am not an IWM insider. In the interests of disclosure, I note that I do have a retailer account with IWM and have found them to be a honest and trustworthy supplier to deal with. I correspond with Melissa semi-regularly when we have the time to chat and send IWM the occasional care package to help them through the silly seasons.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 22 May 2016, 21:00:44 »
I'd at least like to see the final images of what the sculpt looks like. :)

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #104 on: 23 May 2016, 01:02:38 »
I wouldn't call 5 weeks quick, but I got it done.

You mean these ones from up thread that B-3 posted?  O0

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 23 May 2016, 21:14:05 »
Ahh. So around 4-6 months, looks like.
Sounds to me like it could be available at Historicon or Gen Con, if they push it.   O0

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #106 on: 24 May 2016, 01:46:15 »
Sounds to me like it could be available at Historicon or Gen Con, if they push it.   O0

Considering I don't live near either, that isn't helpful to me.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #107 on: 24 May 2016, 02:10:02 »
Make friends with people that ARE going.   8)

If nothing else, you'd have to wait another month or two after GC, so that's not TOO bad.  I can't believe it's the case where you HAVE to have at least ONE, or you'll LITERALLY die.   :D

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #108 on: 24 May 2016, 08:47:51 »
When I have a update about the release I will post about it. Don't want to get hopes up by saying anything now until I know for sure.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #109 on: 24 May 2016, 12:57:58 »
I'm not sure why people who attend GenCon or any convention receive the minis before the folks who funded them. Just hoping that's not the case.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #110 on: 24 May 2016, 16:31:42 »
I'm not sure why people who attend GenCon or any convention receive the minis before the folks who funded them. Just hoping that's not the case.
Because logistics. Also, there was never any agreement that I remember seeing where fundicators were guaranteed first chance to purchase. Their funds only guaranteed that the miniature would be made. IWM decides how and when to sell the minis. We're not talking about a limited release that you will miss out on if you don't get first crack at it.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #111 on: 24 May 2016, 17:49:42 »
Because logistics. Also, there was never any agreement that I remember seeing where fundicators were guaranteed first chance to purchase. Their funds only guaranteed that the miniature would be made. IWM decides how and when to sell the minis. We're not talking about a limited release that you will miss out on if you don't get first crack at it.

That's very true. There certainly was no guarantee of that. Oh well. First and last time, as they say.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #112 on: 24 May 2016, 20:35:49 »
I believe what Cache has written is the case.

I do run a small online business selling BT minis in my spare time and I have thought about trying to solve that logistical problem on behalf of IWM by offering to assist fundicators get as early as possible (ie when it becomes available to ship to retailers) access to the fan fundicated miniatures. Unfortunately, as I am Australia-based and the cost of international shipping may make it cost-prohibitive for the fundicators who are not here in Australia  :'(

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #113 on: 31 May 2016, 02:04:20 »
I wouldn't mind having the equipment to help them make the stuff, or at least the backlog for those not ordering for the various cons. Would give me something interesting to do during the summer while the kids are with their mother.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: 11 June 2016, 15:11:25 »
Will be available at Origins and then after the show on IWM website.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #115 on: 12 June 2016, 22:17:07 »
 O0

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: 13 June 2016, 19:51:11 »
Will be available at Origins and then after the show on IWM website.

One more thing to look forward to at GenCon.  O0

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: 14 July 2016, 11:00:25 »
With the Dragoon becoming available now as miniature, i wonder if i just missed the official recordsheets for the many variants or if they still do not exist.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #118 on: 14 July 2016, 11:28:33 »
With the Dragoon becoming available now as miniature, i wonder if i just missed the official recordsheets for the many variants or if they still do not exist.

the only variants we have record sheets for are the original AEM-01 and the -05C from TP: Epsilon Eridani. The -02, -03, and -04 all lack BV on the MUL, which means no record sheet exists in the wild.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #119 on: 14 July 2016, 14:03:48 »
the only variants we have record sheets for are the original AEM-01 and the -05C from TP: Epsilon Eridani. The -02, -03, and -04 all lack BV on the MUL, which means no record sheet exists in the wild.

Why are record sheets necessary? The description tells you the approximate locations of the weaponry. Other than the order of the weapons and structural slots, they don't have any special purpose.

Register