Author Topic: Campaign Ops: Foot Cavalry Special Ability with Motorized and Jump infantry  (Read 248 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Foot Cavalry (Campaign Operations, pg 75) is a rule that allows for better movement when a Conventional Infantry unit operates on Foot.

Jump Infantry seem to have some Foot capability, but the information on Infantry Movement in Total Warfare (pg 214) seems to indicate that they're always Jumping (not always a bad idea, but might run in to problems with Buildings, I think).  No additional notes are given regarding how Motorized Infantry operate on the same page, as Mechanized Infantry is the next note and says they have the same Movement type and prohibited terrain as the Vehicles of their same type.  This seems to come across as Motorized has no unique mobility and otherwise operate the same as Foot, just with more MP.

The Tech Manual (pg 144) states that Motorized and Jump are different Motive types, though, and redoubles this on the next page when noting maximum Squad and Platoon size.

So, the question for verification is, aside from GM fiat, would either Motorized or Jump Infantry be able to use this Ability?

Obviously Jump Infantry would only be able to use it if they are not Jumping if they are allowed to use it all.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2024, 19:49:22 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Charistoph

• Major
Bumping the cavalry.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem