Author Topic: Looking for Axman arm suggestions.  (Read 2208 times)

Zaskar24

• Corporal
Looking for Axman arm suggestions.
« on: 03 December 2017, 17:38:52 »
Hello everyone. I am looking for suggestions as to which Clan omni arm to use to make the original FM: Mercenaries cover Axman. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached an image of the cover.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Looking for Axman arm suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2017, 19:37:11 »
Blackhawk A or the standard Timber Wolf at first glance.

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2017, 20:31:29 »
Blackhawk A or the standard Timber Wolf at first glance.

Thank you Luciora. Timber Wolf Prime was my first thought as well. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2017, 21:25:21 »
Possibly a Marauder arm, but other than that I have to concur with the Timber Wolf idea.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2017, 23:50:14 »
There's also the bandersnatch arm.  It has a damaged feel to it so a clan arm pod doesn't seem out of place for a rebuild.  It's the right arm that you can't see that makes me wonder if its heavily damaged.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2017, 02:10:59 »
It would require a left/right switch, but what about the right arm off a Cataphract?

Unless you are using the more advanced build rules(Strat Ops, I think), a Hellbringer seems the most likely donor since they are both 65 tons.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 04 December 2017, 06:50:16 »
I can concur with the suggesting to use the bandersnatch arm. Using Clan arms depends which mold since they remodeled clan mechs awhile ago.

I managed mod a Axman with a Black Knight ppc arm since its was made roughly at same time period.

Hope you can find right scaling!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 04 December 2017, 19:44:58 »
Thank you for the suggestions and to watch for scale problems. Are the loose Clan omni parts IWM selling for the originals or are they made for the resculpts that are out now?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 04 December 2017, 19:51:18 »
The omni parts are larger and for the resculpt.  The original omni parts are in the scrapyard

Thank you for the suggestions and to watch for scale problems. Are the loose Clan omni parts IWM selling for the originals or are they made for the resculpts that are out now?

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 04 December 2017, 21:33:38 »
The omni parts are larger and for the resculpt.  The original omni parts are in the scrapyard

Thank you for that bit of information. I will remember that when looking at parts to use for mods.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 04 December 2017, 22:49:02 »
I just looked at the site now, Clan (new) Omni Sculpt part are here. You will need to look at the parts they have in the gallery.  There are pictures, but not all parts do.

The rest of the scrapyard does not have pictures. However they do have the original miniature part number and name.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Zaskar24

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2017, 06:18:22 »
Thank you for the reply and links Wrangler. Getting back in after a long absence and am going through all of my old stuff to see what I still have.