Author Topic: `Mech of the Week Schedule  (Read 246185 times)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
`Mech of the Week Schedule
« on: 25 January 2011, 20:59:01 »
Okay, as you've all probably noticed by now, I've taken the liberty to arrange this one a little differently with the schedule always found in one place, the front page.  I'm also going to give a bit of an orientation.  Anything marked with "UNCLE AMARIS WANTS YOU!" is my not-terribly-subtle hint that we have a hole in the schedule that I'm hoping someone will volunteer to cover.  Don't feel completely obligated but if it's convenient, the earliest of these open slots is a great place to volunteer for.

'Mech of the Week is supposed to land on every Friday.  Sometimes life gets in the way, of course, but that's the general guideline.  If you know ahead of time that you need to reschedule, that's not an issue.  Different authors write at different speeds and to the call of different muses.  There are measures available to us if we have a last-minute schedule flop and need to get something handled.  And of course, if it's late, just get it up when it's ready.

Reservations are authorial calls on specific 'Mechs - articles that are planned but not on the schedule yet.  Outstanding Requests covers those 'Mechs that have been requested to be covered but not yet either placed on the schedule or claimed by an author.  (Authors are welcome to request someone cover a 'Mech - you don't have to write everything!)

Schedule
June 30 - Kotetsu, Atlas III

Emergency Backup: None

Reservations: Scotty, Banshee; Prince of Darkness, Tomahawk II; False Son, Violator; GreekFire, Men Shen; Moonsword, Templar III

Outstanding Requests: None
« Last Edit: 10 June 2014, 16:36:22 by Moonsword »

Kotetsu

• Captain
Re: `Mech of the Week Schedule
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2011, 21:09:43 »
Will be posting my last one, and the one from this last weekend...

Hope they last longer...

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2011, 22:13:10 »
My Griffin IIC article was pencilled in for 11th Feb.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2011, 22:21:55 »
I'll get the Night Wolf back up tomorrow when I get access to my files.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2011, 22:25:41 »
I can get an edited version of the Targe up in the next few days.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:37:55 PM) moonsword134: You're a bastard.
(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2011, 22:29:24 »
Great.  So we're clear, I'm not trying to prod anyone there, just let people know what's missing out of the archives.

And I'm going to be reposing mine tomorrow, with the Vee of the Week articles following as I check them against RS3085U Cutting Edge.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 09:43:33 »
Night Wolf's up. Is there the same time restriction on the mech variants in RS 3085 The Cutting Edge, as for other products? Just wondering when I could get the Kuma article in line, once I finish it that is.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2011, 09:52:41 »
As noted in the original thread, the moratorium is based on the TRO, not the RS volume.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2011, 10:32:19 »
I'll be updating my old Timber Wolf MoTW so we can get a clean copy on these forums instead of relying on a backup.  I can repost the others I did if anyone is interested.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2011, 10:35:11 »
Feel free.  If you're doing a major update, I'll be happy to put you on the schedule if you want to do it that way.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2011, 12:01:06 »
Feel free.  If you're doing a major update, I'll be happy to put you on the schedule if you want to do it that way.
These were all written well before the current Update series got started, so i'll need to dig through and see what needs to be done.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2011, 13:25:01 »
I'm not sure I'd characterize the Updates as a "series" - almost all of mine are done by request, for example - outside of the Vehicle of the Week articles which started back up when some hapless innocent volunteered to deal with RS3060U springing forth upon us last summer.  There was a run of them then but, ultimately, they go back to the same root problem - new variants coming out and occasionally, rules changes modify certain aspects of certain models.  (The TAG change with TW was a bit of a game-changer sometimes, for example.)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2011, 13:49:44 »
I'm not sure I'd characterize the Updates as a "series" - almost all of mine are done by request, for example - outside of the Vehicle of the Week articles which started back up when some hapless innocent volunteered to deal with RS3060U springing forth upon us last summer.  There was a run of them then but, ultimately, they go back to the same root problem - new variants coming out and occasionally, rules changes modify certain aspects of certain models.  (The TAG change with TW was a bit of a game-changer sometimes, for example.)
Don't forget the AMS and Anti-Infantry rules changes.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2011, 13:55:47 »
What was the old AMS rule, anyway?  I came into the board game right as TW hit, so I'm not really familiar with the BMR aside from the Inferno rules.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2011, 14:05:16 »
What was the old AMS rule, anyway?  I came into the board game right as TW hit, so I'm not really familiar with the BMR aside from the Inferno rules.
Old AMS rule was that you rolled a d6 and it reduced the cluster hit by some amount (it either reduced the number of missiles that hit, or it reduced the cluster roll itself). The big thing is that whatever you rolled on that d6, is how much ammo it used, so IS mechs burned through their ammo quickly.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2011, 14:12:19 »
TRO Updates.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2011, 14:15:36 »
Old AMS rule was that you rolled a d6 and it reduced the cluster hit by some amount (it either reduced the number of missiles that hit, or it reduced the cluster roll itself). The big thing is that whatever you rolled on that d6, is how much ammo it used, so IS mechs burned through their ammo quickly.

Perhaps we need to revive equipment of the week, too.  But that's the gist of it.  It make life harder on smaller launchers, since a 2 or a 3 or a 5 was liable to be wholely shot down, while a 20 would see most of its fire sneek past.  Of course, as said, an IS mech was lucky to have four shots, and a Clan mech seven or eight, leading to large ammo bins (three tons on a few Clan mechs) which are much slower to use, and render the mechs much more vulnerable than before.
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2011, 14:39:09 »
TRO Updates.

Oh, that series...

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2011, 14:46:34 »
Please say the Flamberge is coming soon.  [drool]
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2011, 14:54:20 »
You'll have to ask Pope.

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2011, 15:15:29 »
Please say the Flamberge is coming soon.  [drool]

Two thirds of the way done, then two editing passes by other writers, then a review.
If you actually care to listen to my thoughts outside of Battletech, find me at www.uselessblot.com

(4:38:11 PM) moonsword134: And so's the talking whiskey monkey who lives in bottles of tequila to give you ideas.

(4:52:52 PM) ShinjoJinturi: simply by having tag on the field, even in a game that appears to not have any lrms or arrows on the board, you can inspire fear

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2011, 15:23:02 »
Wow, that's way more involved than my articles.  [notworthy]

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 26 January 2011, 15:30:29 »
I usually do something similar.

Some of the little problems in the Saladin article (since fixed) are examples why.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #23 on: 26 January 2011, 16:10:16 »
Back in the day, I took more time on these, but these days I just grind them out when ever I can get the little one to have a nap.
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #24 on: 27 January 2011, 09:01:34 »
Two thirds of the way done, then two editing passes by other writers, then a review.
Did you notice the new variants in RS 3085 Cutting Edge?

ItsTehPope

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2011, 14:09:32 »
Did you notice the new variants in RS 3085 Cutting Edge?

Yeah.  They'll factor into an editing pass

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2011, 16:22:18 »
Cool, just wanted to make sure you knew about them just in case you had missed all of Kit's posts or you hadn't gotten the RS yet.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 27 January 2011, 17:12:49 »
Cool, just wanted to make sure you knew about them just in case you had missed all of Kit's posts or you hadn't gotten the RS yet.

Miss all my posts? Is such a thing possible?

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2011, 08:20:23 »
Miss all my posts? Is such a thing possible?
Well, some people have learned not to believe much of what you say, so maybe they tune you out

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2011, 08:34:39 »
I actually enjoy his posts, personally, but maybe I'm crazy.

Register