Author Topic: Kuritan Zombie  (Read 2800 times)

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
Kuritan Zombie
« on: 19 June 2016, 17:24:03 »
A 5th Sword of Light Thunderbolt.
Pictures were taken on 2 different days, and show how much a miniature artist without a proper lighting setup is at the mercy of the sun.   ;)

CDT Special Agent #343

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Re: Kuritan Zombie
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2016, 20:52:21 »
Indeed, this mech is a Zombie. It performs greatly in combat. Love the color scheme
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2016, 00:24:06 »
..and great terrain too! O0

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2016, 01:08:09 »
Looks good except that the mini is facing towards the hex base point and not a hex face...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2016, 14:59:12 »
 O0

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2016, 17:24:22 »
That sculpt is really showing it age. After seeing some of the newer minis all painted up and then this one it really shows how much more detail the newer stuff has. I still love how the unseen look but they sure aren't aging well. Good job making granny look good  :worktroll: O0

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2016, 17:50:47 »
The Thud has less detail than most mechs due to the fact that it was based on/from the Crusher Joe series and is called Ironfoot.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2016, 20:15:46 »
Looks good except that the mini is facing towards the hex base point and not a hex face...
Upon further in-person review, it's pretty easy to tell which way he's facing.  The camera angle in pic 1 and the details of the base are exaggerating the issue.

CDT Special Agent #343

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2016, 01:39:56 »
The Thud has less detail than most mechs due to the fact that it was based on/from the Crusher Joe series and is called Ironfoot.

Yeah, but it is not the only mini that suffers from a lack of detail from that age.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2016, 02:21:20 »
So looking at my own mini right now and have a question. How did you get it to fit the hex base? I tried placing mine in one of my old Ral Partha bases and there's a bit of overlap with the lip of the hex. Did you use a metal hex base or plastic (I have no problems with the plastic hexes)? Did you have to cut the metal near the feet?

For those who don't have the mine and think it's a bit off... The torso is slightly turned to the right so it does not line up with the feet which based on the angle of the pics make it look off on its facing.

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2016, 11:41:39 »

I've always loved the clean lines and surfaces of the Crusher Joe mecha. 
And am very happy with all of my original Ironfeet =^,^=

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #11 on: 21 June 2016, 21:09:40 »
So looking at my own mini right now and have a question. How did you get it to fit the hex base? I tried placing mine in one of my old Ral Partha bases and there's a bit of overlap with the lip of the hex. Did you use a metal hex base or plastic (I have no problems with the plastic hexes)? Did you have to cut the metal near the feet?
It's been a while since I based this guy, but IIRC I cut a section out of the hexbase "wall", which is a metal RP one from the late 90's.  I have snipped the metal near the feet on a number of minis over the years, but I usually try to keep that intact just for the sake of completeness. 

CDT Special Agent #343

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 21 June 2016, 22:32:53 »
Looking at the hex base and the mini I see how that can work.  O0

Mwenski

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2016, 00:46:40 »
I like it! Red's a hard color to work with and you made it look good, without it turning orange. I also like the cockpit coloring and the way you picked out the missiles. Thank you for posting it.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2016, 16:48:07 »
I like the paint job, but man, the Thud is still just one of the most disappointing sculpts in the history of the game. It hewed way too close to the original material, and suffers for it.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2016, 20:17:15 »
My only complaints about the original sculpt is the gangly look of the arms.   I replaced the arms of one with the original black knight arms and it had a much better overall look.  I wish they had used the 3050 redesign for the Phoenix version instead.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #16 on: 24 June 2016, 11:37:04 »
I like the paint job, but man, the Thud is still just one of the most disappointing sculpts in the history of the game. It hewed way too close to the original material, and suffers for it.

Actually, I would have loved if it hewn more to the original. The BT sculpt doesn't adhere enough. The legs are just reused from the Shadow Hawk and Griffin, making them short and narrow. The Thud needed the broader legs that it's portrayed with in the Fang of the Sun: Dougram anime.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Cat

• Corporal
    • Goblinhall
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2016, 11:49:39 »
Actually, I would have loved if it hewn more to the original. The BT sculpt doesn't adhere enough. The legs are just reused from the Shadow Hawk and Griffin, making them short and narrow. The Thud needed the broader legs that it's portrayed with in the Fang of the Sun: Dougram anime.

True that. 

But still, everyone is welcome to send their unwanted Ironfeet, and any unwanted Unseen sculpts, to me, and they will all happily be used in lances and companies on the Island of Unwanted Unseens =^,^=

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 24 June 2016, 20:35:07 »
I don't think you would want mine. It has battle damage to the side of the left torso (LL or PPC near miss) and a nice hole directly below the missile launcher. Think from an AC/10 and another to the left of the cockpit from probably an AC/5. Never did finish mocking up the damage... Its the only unseen I have that I actually drilled into, though I did have a few elementals missing limbs that were going to go into the same scene.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 25 June 2016, 21:12:39 »
Sweet! O0

Nomad

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2016, 05:58:53 »
Very nice!

Register