Author Topic: Some Snow Ravens maybe?  (Read 1439 times)

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
Some Snow Ravens maybe?
« on: 18 October 2019, 14:58:28 »
Maybe you folks can help me out. In progress, I have a paint scheme that I'm working on prior to the Clan Invasion kickstarter that's incoming, and I'm really wanting to start a Snow Raven force. I like their whole thing and I feel like there's certain stigmas around the Clan I was playing (Jade Falcon) that have been developing over the last few years . Anyway, I didn't really like any of the Snow Raven paintjobs on Camospecs that were front-line galaxies so I started having fun with a dazzle camouflage. Attached are works in progress, but I think I'm going to add a silver border to the camouflage just to help out.

Would any of you fine people maybe help me rationalize how this might be a Snow Raven camo or to what galaxy this could belong?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Some Snow Ravens maybe?
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2019, 15:26:34 »
 :thumbsup:

Neo-Tanuki

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2019, 18:41:14 »
Even if not canon, it looks quite Ravenesque to me! 👍

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2019, 20:51:17 »
First option: Epsilon Garrison Galaxy. Canon scheme is "Black with teal highlights", so come up with a reason for "teal with black highlights". Maybe the Galaxy's Keshik cluster - which justifies high-end equipment in a garrison Galaxy.

Second option: Kappa Garrison Galaxy. No canon paintscheme. So "Blue with black contrast" works.

Third option: a new force as part of the Raven Alliance's military command. "The formation of Psi Galaxy represented a concession to former Outworlds Alliance elements protesting preference given to Clan warriors. Trials were held consisting of Warriors freshly graduated from their sibkos, and young but combat-hardened AMC soldiers. Allocated high quality equipment, the Galaxy proved a highly useful environment for the two warrior cultures to learn to fight together."

And great looking so far. Plans to add trim, and what colour cockpits?
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2019, 21:56:27 »
If you stick to an era when all that equipment is available, your main option while remaining within canon is to simply call it camo, and go with whatever galaxy you prefer. With stuff like the Mad Cat mkII 4, Omen, Bakeneko, and Mad Cat IV, they'd have to be post-jihad, which would really limit what units remain. Camo is alright. Like others have said, it's got a pretty Raven feel to it.

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2019, 15:56:54 »
Thanks for the input!

And great looking so far. Plans to add trim, and what colour cockpits?

I'm thinking orange/red cockpits. I have a flourescent yellow that I really want to use, but with cool colors like this, I don't think it's appropriate.

I applied a silver shadow to the black/gray parts with some input from some other painters. Today, I tried using an oil wash (for the first time) on these, and next I'm going to panel highlight.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2019, 06:02:31 »
Sweet! :thumbsup:

Register