Author Topic: The YT-xxxx Cargo Small Craft discussion.  (Read 563 times)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
The YT-xxxx Cargo Small Craft discussion.
« on: 20 October 2023, 03:35:51 »
I've been puttering around trying to recreate a familiar Light Freighter of a certain fame.

But I also want to recreate her sister ships too.

So the Standard is 200 ton aerodyne, 4/6 with an Officer and two Enlisted. Carries 10 tons of fuel, and is armored by 5 tons of Armor standard Plate to cover them.

But the series has 3 seperate classes, P(assanger), C(argo) and P/C combo.

The Aluminum Falcon is built off the more P/C frame, but is armed, better protection (fighter scale Shields) and has the secret stash room. She's also 5/8, same fuel.

The 2400 is a different model, but still a sister.

My question is how should I dollop the cargo bays?

Full one hundred, two fifties, Main and two secondaries? The Stash Room is half ton. What's left goes towards armor. The extra Falcon engines are taken out of the allotted Standard cargo tonnage, to make up the difference.

BTW, using only half ton weapons or less.

I know about the MML version of 2sm. Laser, MRM10, ammo and 2-50 ton cargo, but that's 4/6. My TIEs are 5/8 @15 tons...  :cool:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016