Author Topic: HyperTUBE Xtreme!!! (Stargate/Nebula California)  (Read 1150 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
HyperTUBE Xtreme!!! (Stargate/Nebula California)
« on: 22 August 2023, 16:24:39 »

The Nebula California setting is a lot of fun and a great source for inspiration. In my case it gave me several ideas, of which this StarGate inspired project is the first one to reach actual completion.
Special thanks to Herbert A. Beas II for developing the California Nebula and for giving me precious advice. For Dragon Cat for all this proofreading. Also special thanks to Daemion and other forum members for their feedback.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3e7t5ynw5k21sqzojwqlu/Nebula-California-HyperTube-Xtreme.pdf?rlkey=dg32d157orwnowa6su00t2cm7&dl=0

ps. I have kept the graphics pretty simple to keep the project moving along, but I would greatly appreciate tips or help to improve the template.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Re: HyperTUBE Xtreme!!! (Stargate/Nebula California)
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2023, 16:39:24 »
Nicely written- thanks for sharing it!  I enjoyed reading through it.

Needs a catch phrase and I should have learned to play golf a long time ago...
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2023, 00:47:54 »
reading that reminds me i still need to get more work done on the fluff for my gundam expy in the CalNeb. though i wonder if i can get away with a teaser thread for some of the mobile suit mechs i worked up on MML as part of the R&D into whether i could pull it off, but don't really fit into a submission for the next big CalNeb sourcebook.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2023, 10:26:23 »
Just realized. A good proxy for the Kahfre airship would be a simple, humble, D4. :)

- Herb

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2023, 11:58:38 »
I was happy to help, its a very nice product
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: TRO Succession Wars and Harmony Gold.
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2024, 00:31:26 »
Can Harmony Gold's legal claims on the unseen BattleMechs affect the future of the Succession Wars era in the BattleTech universe, potentially altering the design and availability of iconic 'Mechs?
i think this is the wrong place to ask that question.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2024, 12:35:59 »
Can Harmony Gold's legal claims on the unseen BattleMechs affect the future of the Succession Wars era in the BattleTech universe, potentially altering the design and availability of iconic 'Mechs?

While this may be the wrong place to ask, I think the answer is: Not anymore. That issue was finally settled, as I recall, and the Unseen have been face-lifted recently with the Succession Wars specifically in mind, so, yeah. Bring out your Unseen or use the newer versions; it's allll good.

- Herb

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2024, 21:27:34 »
Great to see more things from the Nebula California.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass