Author Topic: Clan Hell's Horses Tau Galaxy: The Brimstone Cataphracts  (Read 76369 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: Clan Hell's Horses Tau Galaxy: The Brimstone Cataphracts
« Reply #60 on: 20 March 2016, 04:05:52 »
Annnd after a bit of a hiatus, the last three bios are done! All Tau Galaxy units now have bios for all of their Bloodnamed officers.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #61 on: 20 March 2016, 05:16:02 »
I should probably also note that the 15th Rangers will be adding another 'Mech Trinary from the salvage taken in the Battle of Trysil Pass, with Horse warriors shipped from Csesztreg to staff it. The Star Captain leading it will get a bio of her own, of course, although I have to come up with the character concept first.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #62 on: 26 March 2016, 00:14:13 »
Alright, I've commenced the next battle, and although I did cut down on the initial forces a bit, it's still even larger than the Battle of Trysil Pass. Here's a list of the forces involved:

Tau Galaxy
Trinaries Beta & Gamma, 231st Mechanized Assault Cluster
Supernovas Alpha & Epsilon, 116th Mechanized Cavalry Cluster
Trinaries Beta & Gamma, 116th Mechanized Cavalry Cluster
Outpost Defenders [Eric Amirault, Aaron Cobb, Lair Seidman]

Taiga Galaxy
1st & 2nd Freemen BattleMech Binaries, 3rd Freemen Cluster
6th & 7th Freemen BattleMech Trinaries, 4th Freemen Cluster
1st Armored Infantry Supernova Binary, 1st Freemen Cluster
2nd Armored Infantry Supernova Binary, 3rd Freemen Cluster
4th Freemen Artillery Trinary, 4th Freemen Cluster
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 13:26:54 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #63 on: 25 March 2018, 23:38:33 »
*blows off some dust*

Much like with Graves' Dancers, I've recently commissioned Plog to draw Deacon Amirault's Blood Asp, and he recently sent me a preliminary sketch I thought I'd share:

- Klarg1

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 27 March 2018, 00:39:41 »
Choking on dust storm created by Kojak. ;)
Artwork looks good. :thumbsup:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #65 on: 30 March 2018, 13:32:37 »
I wants to steal it!!!  :o

The 'Mech, not the art.

Savvy looking too!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #66 on: 07 April 2018, 22:05:57 »
The finalized color version should be forthcoming in the very near future (less than 24 hours). I've gotten a peek and it's truly sublime.

- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 08 April 2018, 13:23:26 »
The finalized color version should be forthcoming in the very near future (less than 24 hours). I've gotten a peek and it's truly sublime.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :whip:  :wheelchair:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #68 on: 08 April 2018, 21:24:57 »
« Last Edit: 08 April 2018, 21:26:36 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 09 April 2018, 17:05:51 »
Mommy!

:o
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love the quote on the shoulder.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 09 April 2018, 20:37:07 »
I love the mech
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #71 on: 09 April 2018, 22:08:55 »
I totally love that &^%^... how did you link the various pilot pics?

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: 10 April 2018, 03:25:35 »
That picture was much better than I expected.
Excellent. :bow: :bow: :bow: :rockon:
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #73 on: 11 April 2018, 05:14:33 »
I love the quote on the shoulder.

That's the epitaph of Don Quixote.

- Klarg1

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #74 on: 11 April 2018, 10:25:23 »
That's the epitaph of Don Quixote.

How fitting.

Those Hell´s Horses of yours wouldn´t happen to have a history of accidentally destroying windmills? They might be giants, after all...
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #75 on: 04 May 2018, 09:40:26 »
Welp, Kojak, I think I’ve just found my favorite non-canon unit on the board. I am truly in awe.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #76 on: 04 May 2018, 14:37:45 »
How fitting.

Those Hell´s Horses of yours wouldn´t happen to have a history of accidentally destroying windmills? They might be giants, after all...

Would this count as a windmill?
http://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/d/d8/Clan_Ghost_Bear_.jpg?timestamp=20150616050228

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #77 on: 04 May 2018, 20:46:39 »
Welp, Kojak, I think I’ve just found my favorite non-canon unit on the board. I am truly in awe.

Thanks, man, I'm flattered to read that. I really need to get these guys moving again, and my hope was that that art I had commissioned from Plog would spur me into action. I just need to wrap up the latest Graves' Dancers scenario and then I think I'm gonna switch over to these guys for a bit, because I loved building them and it's been way too long since I took them out on the field (I can't believe it's already been two years since that last mission! It doesn't feel like it's been nearly that long!).

- Klarg1

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #78 on: 05 May 2018, 00:23:26 »
How much was the commission? Because I could start looking for an artist to do the Thuggee command Mech...
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #79 on: 05 May 2018, 02:14:24 »
I can only speak knowledgeably with regards to Plog, but he charges $50 for full-color pieces; I believe it's $35 for B&W, but don't quote me on that. Also, FWIW, he isn't taking any new commissions until the end of June because he's in the midst of a move.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2018, 02:18:27 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #81 on: 16 July 2018, 13:49:09 »
Alright, I'm working on an addition to the 15th Rangers Cluster that will take place after I finish the New Oslo campaign, to take advantage of the fact that QuadVees are finally fully functional within MegaMek. It's called Supernova Omega, and here's what I've got so far:

Nova Alpha
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point

Nova Beta
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point

At this point, I'm trying to decide A) if there should be a third Star or Nova, and if so, B) what it should be composed of. Another Notos Nova? Or something else entirely?
« Last Edit: 16 July 2018, 13:50:53 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #82 on: 16 July 2018, 18:31:42 »
Alright, I'm working on an addition to the 15th Rangers Cluster that will take place after I finish the New Oslo campaign, to take advantage of the fact that QuadVees are finally fully functional within MegaMek. It's called Supernova Omega, and here's what I've got so far:

Nova Alpha
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos D
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Notos Prime
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point
Cuchulainn Point

Nova Beta
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos B
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Notos C
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point
Gnome (Cavalry) Point

At this point, I'm trying to decide A) if there should be a third Star or Nova, and if so, B) what it should be composed of. Another Notos Nova? Or something else entirely?

I would almost be tempted to go a full out light Nova...pair 10 Arion's with 5 points of Buraq's (preferably either the support model or a new one with an AP Gauss Rifle)...light on armor, but fairly fast with long range guns with close in support...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 16 July 2018, 23:51:05 »
Hmm. First question I would ask is "why not add a second BA star to each Nova?" Sure, it snot technically a Nova at that point, but you've got the room to carry them.

The Arion and Buraq combo could be interesting, though of course the BA can't ride the Arion (though they are faster...)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #84 on: 17 July 2018, 00:41:35 »
I just noticed that they finally, finally added fully functional Svartbetas to the new update as well. That...is something to consider.

Hmm. First question I would ask is "why not add a second BA star to each Nova?" Sure, it snot technically a Nova at that point, but you've got the room to carry them.

Yeah, at that point it's no longer a Nova and falls outside of even the relatively flexible range of acceptable Horse org doctrines, and thus much as I might agree with you otherwise I can't do that for fluff reasons.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2019, 18:43:11 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 18 July 2018, 12:10:32 »
What about a Nova of Harpagos and Svartbetas? Brutal at range with the Quads opening up holes that the Svarts exploit. Nothing fancy, just "Yeah, we're here to hurt you."

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #86 on: 18 July 2018, 19:48:40 »
I kinda love this idea, the more I think about it. Pretty ammo-dependent, but for ten turns that's a Nova that'd definitely make you regret getting in its sights.

- Klarg1

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #87 on: 18 July 2018, 20:07:21 »
I kinda love this idea, the more I think about it. Pretty ammo-dependent, but for ten turns that's a Nova that'd definitely make you regret getting in its sights.

If you're willing to go down to 4/6 movement, I would probably go with the Boreas-Prime...not as ammo dependent, and looks cooler (IMHO)...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 19 July 2018, 11:21:27 »
Man, that must have been really confusing. Boreas QuadVee and Boreas Cavalry Hovercraft...of course, maybe that was done so no one would know about the QuadVee if they stumbled across mention of the Boreas...

The Boreas could work. It doesn't quite have the long range brute simplicity of the Harpagos though.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #89 on: 07 August 2018, 03:51:29 »
Hm. So now that I know New Oslo gets canonically retaken by the Horses in April of 3147, I'm wondering if I should re-jigger my fluff a bit to make my New Oslo campaign part of NOYAN (and then, ideally, take part in follow-on attacks against the Falcons). But OTOH any non-canon unit is going to be disrupting the timeline to some degree, so should I even bother? Still trying to decide.

- Klarg1

Register