Author Topic: Doctor Banzai's mech  (Read 855 times)

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
Doctor Banzai's mech
« on: 09 April 2024, 19:02:03 »
So i don't believe it is ever mentioned what Doctor Banzai mech he drives so i was wondering what ideas people have i am tempted to have some SL tech just for fun in it
as frankly the only machine i remember being mentioned was an Orion piloted by Yvonne Morticia who was a dead shot

Luciora

• Major
Re: Doctor Banzai's mech
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2024, 22:32:51 »
There is a pilot custom Dragon, as well as the Axman and Hatcheman being developed by them.   

For some reason,  I see the good doctor piloting a Warhammer or Battlemaster like many of his contemporaries.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2024, 23:50:47 »
I figured him for an Awesome. Standard 8Q-model with 3x PPCs.

He seemed like the gun-fighter type in the movie.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2024, 23:56:02 »
Considering his team, I would have figured him for some well-organized frankenmech that wouldn't stand out on Solaris VII until it started shooting.  Like a Shadow Hawk that had an actually effective weapon mix.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2024, 18:18:09 »
Personally, always thought Dr. Banzai was really out of place character for the BTU. Like introducing an old alcoholic engineer and his teenage grandson now. There are nods and then you have "we are introducing this pop culture character to our universe now... whats a copyright?"   

That said, a custom mech like the Griffin Sparky would probably fit the character best. Ironically, having it painted up with a rising sun like the Yen Lo Wang would have been the most on brand for a guy named Banzai. 
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2024, 21:18:28 »
If we ever get a Dr. Banzai Lance pack I would want 4 frakenmechs.  I remember I played an RPG working with Dr. Banzais unit and they were all Frakenmechs where a Blazer armed (replacing the PPC) Battlemaster was tame in comparison. 

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2024, 04:58:27 »
I'd rather not have frankenmechs as they tend to be.... unique. the Snord's one just felt like such a waste
The Suns will shine again

17thRecon

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2024, 06:36:00 »
I see no reference to a specific mech, but he is listed as a Mechwarrior and commander of a mech regiment. My personal thought/pick is an Ostol; good speed and armor and all energy layout.

Templar87

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 11 April 2024, 09:09:42 »
Checked all the sources I have to hand that mention Team Banzai - Warrior: Riposte, both NAIS 4SW Atlases and the OG Davion House book - and none of them say anything about Dr. Banzai's 'mech choice that I can find. So, unless there's something in 20 Year Update, I think it's a matter for best guesses.

(although the AWS-8Q would make sense)
“Keep your feet on the ground, a spare magazine in your pocket, watch your buddy’s back and never, ever give anything but your all!”
–First Prince Andrew Davion
"He who has made no mistakes in war has never made war."
- Henri de la Tour d'Auvergne, Vicomte de Turenne, Marshal of France, 1641

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2024, 11:30:59 »
20 year update and objective raids has details about Team Banzai under his Daughter.. maybe those have a mention of the mech she pilots? presumably she'd have inherited his mech originally.

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2024, 14:31:30 »
thanks for all the suggestions and confirming i wasn't crazy when i saw no mech choice in cannon , so i am thinking maybe the 8Q as its a solid machine or maybe the battlemaster outside bet maybe the ost as i like them

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #11 on: 12 April 2024, 02:35:59 »
If I am rembering right, in the Warrior Trilogy when he was on Northwind and got hurt he was piloting a Phoenix Hawk. Later in his career, he switched over to a Hatchetman. But don't quote on this.
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 12 April 2024, 05:46:31 »
Just did a search through my copy of the Warrior trilogy PDFs for the words: "Doctor" "Doc" and "Banzai" And was unable to find any mention of his mech.  There is a conversation about him being defeated by Yorinaga Kurita himself on the battlefield but that scene is not actually seen directly.

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #13 on: 12 April 2024, 05:53:30 »
There isn't any mention of a mech he pilots in the books. Looking at the NAIS 4th Succession War Military Atlas (Vol. 1, p. 113), it shows the TO&E of Team Banzai, which are all Elite/Veteran pilots in either Assault or Light mechs. The Command Lance of the Regimental Battlegroup is an A3 for House Davion, which would consist of a Marauder, Awesome, Orion, and Warhammer. I would lean towards the Awesome myself, specifically the AWS-8Q mentioned earlier as that seems his style.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 12 April 2024, 11:59:29 »
Thanks well tonight then the Doc will rock out a Awesome then see how he does against the snakes

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2024, 12:12:38 »
Thanks well tonight then the Doc will rock out a Awesome then see how he does against the snakes

The Doctor needs to figure out how to squeeze a hatchet into the Awesome's hands :evil:
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Register