Author Topic: Space Battleship Yamato  (Read 4198 times)

Winterborn

• Sergeant
Space Battleship Yamato
« on: 12 March 2011, 22:51:52 »
I don't know if I will be Roosterboyd on this but I saw the trailer for the Live action Space Battleship Yamato and was wondering if there is a version of it out there that can be bought.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2011, 17:59:39 by Winterborn »

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Re: Space Battleship Yamato
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2011, 22:54:33 »
Give it time.  The live action movie was only released in December.  It'll make its way here eventually.  I'm keeping my eyes peeled for it.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2011, 23:44:24 »
As far as I have been able to determin, it's totaly unavaliable in english through anything except perhaps some pirated subs, and of what sort of quality they might be, your guess is as good as mine. I expect it will be released either subtitled, or with an actual english dub before too teribley long. It's popularity haveing never faded in the time since the anime was first released to North American viewers.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2011, 00:32:26 »
Please remember that discussions of illegal bootlegs of copyrighted materials is not allowed on these forums.

Thank you.

That being said, I too hope this is released commercially outside Japan. The trailers indicate this is an impressive movie...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Winterborn

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2011, 08:45:21 »
I would gladly pay for a copy from Japan that has been subtitled, not to big of a fan of English dubbed anime or movies that come from China or Japan they just can't seem to get the translation or voice's right.  Although some Anime do a pretty good job.  Def hope something becomes available in the states.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2011, 16:49:58 »
Please remember that discussions of illegal bootlegs of copyrighted materials is not allowed on these forums.
right, just mentioning that the OP was wondering about downloads, and the only downloads are the aforementioned pirate versions

As if the 'illegal' wasn't enough. a reminder that the people responsible for such don't much seem to care for other peoples property, which includes your computer is also in order.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2011, 17:20:11 »
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2011, 17:21:21 »
Sweet.

— From a post on rpg.net

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2011, 17:22:37 »
Late April for English language DVD release.

Woohoo! O0 A (big) boys' video night will be held, and much fizzy caffienated drink and munchables sacrificed to the days spent in the grad lounge watching "Star Blazers" on the crappy Uni TV  :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2011, 21:13:18 »
I would watch Star Blazers every morning before heading off to school!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2011, 21:58:40 »
And that's due to a 20-year age difference ;)

W
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2011, 22:51:04 »
I would watch Star Blazers every morning before heading off to school!

Same here, my old man would join me, watch the show with me then send me off to school and he'd go to work. Always loved that show, and I can't wait for it to make it to the states.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2011, 23:06:39 »
All I have to say now is "Wave Motion Gun" [drool]

— From a post on rpg.net

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #13 on: 13 March 2011, 23:07:07 »
Y'know, I have to post this, and I know it's roosterboyed from months ago but it's so, so very apt.  Just lean real close to listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X36Qw4AEopU
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!