Poll

Pick your BattleMech:

BNC-8S Banshee
BRZ-C3 Berserker

Author Topic: Pick your Juggernaut  (Read 5686 times)

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
Re: Pick your Juggernaut
« Reply #30 on: 27 April 2013, 18:44:25 »
The rest of your lance would be disappointed that a) you chose a 'Mech not available and b) you chose a 'Mech without a C3 slave to help out the unit.

I'd take the Banshee and do more damage and be able to crit find on the big gaping holes I leave.

Martian is looking for our biases here, but I feel your's may be a bit stronger than most  ;)  Still, I picked the Banshee on looks alone.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #31 on: 27 April 2013, 20:12:28 »
Martian is looking for our biases here, but I feel your's may be a bit stronger than most  ;)  Still, I picked the Banshee on looks alone.

Oh, I'm definitely biased, but I think it comes down to offense or defense. The Banshee does more damage and is easier to keep at 9 heat, but the Berserker will generally be tougher to put down.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 28 April 2013, 13:46:27 »
So what 'Mech will you select to be your ride in the upcoming fight for enlightenment of the Inner Sphere?

As nice a background as you've given us, you have not given us the most important things to make this decision.

1.  What is your definition of "Juggernaut"?
2.  What is the remainder of your unit made up of?

Without that you can't really say what is the better mech to be part of the team.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 28 April 2013, 14:28:47 »
1.  What is your definition of "Juggernaut"?

The Demi-Precentor usually does not issue detailed orders. He expects that his subordinates show their initiative and imagination. But from the context it's obvious that he feels that his Level III needs an Assault 'Mech with heavy armor and short-to-medium range weaponry, a 'Mech that can crush heaviest enemy 'Mechs.

2.  What is the remainder of your unit made up of?

The Division is undergoing some organizational changes, but it seems that you will be a part of Level II unit which may have GUN-2ERD Gunslinger and GRM-R-PR31 Grim Reaper in its ranks.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #34 on: 28 April 2013, 16:21:40 »
an Assault 'Mech with heavy armor and short-to-medium range weaponry, a 'Mech that can crush heaviest enemy 'Mechs.
Okay, that clarifies it a bit more.
I asked because the "Hunchback" is classified as a "Juggernaut" by "1st Strike" definitions.
But at the same time, a NightStar probably would not be classified as such by those terms.
So I wanted to know if you were using the canon definition or just saying "big durable mech".

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2013, 03:57:02 »
Okay, that clarifies it a bit more.
I asked because the "Hunchback" is classified as a "Juggernaut" by "1st Strike" definitions.
But at the same time, a NightStar probably would not be classified as such by those terms.
So I wanted to know if you were using the canon definition or just saying "big durable mech".

Okay, we cleared the matter up - so what is your pick?  ;)

Hawk

• Retired AF
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
  • Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire
« Reply #36 on: 01 May 2013, 05:17:57 »
Nothing says I love you like a skull-faced hatchet wielding Banshee.
Is the height greater than the distance from yourself?
Accidental Falls From Above are merely improvised clubs wielded by gravity.

USAF, Retired

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 01 May 2013, 08:55:56 »
I voted for the berserk.  even though to be honest a point of damage with the axes means very little.   Yes the Berserker has more armor and structure, the banshee has better range.  You still use either one for the same thing.    if your smart you fire the weapons when you are in range,  then close the distance and watch your opponent have a brown pants moment.   if your not in range stay in cover until you can bring the fury. 
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 02 May 2013, 05:46:39 »
I'd pick a 'Zerker for one very simple reason: Neither is a very good mech offensively, and even with its extra guns the real threat of the BNC is still close assault.

So my primary mission will be to draw fire while I charge in swinging a big axe and hollering like a manic. And the 'Zerker can draw more fire before going down! ;D

Register