Author Topic: Felis Domini  (Read 6116 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Felis Domini
« on: 03 January 2012, 17:46:11 »
(This is a unit that, someday, I'll actually get to play.  For now it's just a fun idea, but if I can ever find a campaign for well, they're in.)

The Felis Domini are a sixteen-member all-female special-operations team of the Ebon Magistrate.  They were formed in 3073 by an E.M. officer taking the name of Linith Chen, a Capellan-born woman who emigrated to the Magistracy in 3060 and joined the MIM in 3063.  A quick series of successful operations, as well as a readiness to undergo the significant body modifications, brought her to the attention of the Ebon Magistrate in 3066.  Not long after recieving her enhanced prosthetics, the Blakists began their jihad against the Inner Sphere.

Captain Chen, eschewing typical warfare methods, led a team of guerillas against the Blakist occupiers on Canopus IV for years during the occupation.  They specialized in night raids and bombings, and were proficient in BattleMech operations.  The group of raiders originally had no particular name, but after several tangles with the enhanced humans of the Blakist Manei Domini, and citing their commander's prosthetic cat ears and tail (taken as a cosmetic affectation soon after emigration), the group dubbed themselves the Felis Domini as a means of mocking their opponents.

After the Word of Blake was driven from the Magistracy in 3075, the Felis Domini - entirely staffed by Ebon Magistrate operatives with full enhancements - began mopup operations and hunting down pockets of the remaining Manei Domini in the Magistracy of Canopus.  The unit remains at its 16-member strong number, citing the smaller size as "large enough to ensure victory in special operations and small enough to be a proper fast-response force."

As of the end of 3075, the unit has recieved a number of newer operatives to replace losses from the high-risk missions that they have participated in.  As part of the unit's tradition of taking false names, and in what appears to have been a legendary intelligence operations tradition dating back over a thousand years, each position within the unit has its own name - even if one dies, their replacement will maintain the same name.

Whether or not the Linith Chen that currently runs the unit is the same Linith Chen who started it is not open to debate.

Snowflake 1: CP-11-B Cyclops, Commander Linith Chen, 2/1
Snowflake 2: AWS-9Q Awesome, Ensign Elis Mithra, 4/3
Snowflake 3: ON1-MA Orion, Ensign Felicia Mirri, 4/3
Snowflake 4: CGR-1A5 Charger, Ensign Alia Galette des Rois, 2/1

Flurry 1: ASN-99 Assassin, Ensign Minea Pao, 2/1
Flurry 2: D9-G10 Duan Gung, Ensign Lethe Pericci, 4/3
Flurry 3: ABS-3R Anubis, Ensign Nina Tithel, 3/2
Flurry 4: SYU-2B Sha Yu, Ensign Rose Daena, 4/3

Blizzard 1: EYK-45A Eyleuka, Ensign Sara Liese, 2/1
Blizzard 2: VND-4L Vindicator, Ensign Shunran Eromes, 4/3
Blizzard 3: GRF-5L Griffin, Ensign Mitsue Kyouka, 3/2
Blizzard 4: SNK-2Br Snake, Ensign Juno Duerel, 4/3

Sleet 1: LHU-2B Lao Hu, Ensign Lyre Spica, 2/1
Sleet 2: HUR-WO-R4L Huron Warrior, Ensign Fam Sohma, 4/3
Sleet 3: JN-G8A Jinggau, Ensign Catherine Mao, 4/3
Sleet 4: KSC-5MC Koschei, Ensign Blair Koshka, 2/1

(And a special thanks to Youngblood for helping me with unit selection (read: doing it himself) since I'm no good at that past ~3050 or so.)
« Last Edit: 03 January 2012, 17:48:51 by ANS Kamas P81 »
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: Felis Domini
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2012, 01:21:44 »
Nice unit.
Wonder if they have nine lives. :D [cheers]
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2012, 02:09:27 »
Nice unit.
Wonder if they have nine lives. :D [cheers]
Well they certainly come back the very next day.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2012, 11:23:05 »
You've got my attention. Are you working on fan fic yet?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2012, 11:27:53 »
What are the 'full enhancements'?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2012, 15:00:51 »
You've got my attention. Are you working on fan fic yet?
Haha, hardly.  I suck at writing, though I will kick this open to any suggestions or whatever if someone thinks it's cool.  Communal Catgirl Repository if you will.
What are the 'full enhancements'?
According to TR85, multi-modal cybernetic eyes + IR/Laser Targeting and full-body dermal armor, though Masters and Minions seems to imply that the EM troops have further cybernetics on the level of the Manei Domini themselves.  So start with that and go where you like from there.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2012, 15:56:24 »
Haha, hardly.  I suck at writing, though I will kick this open to any suggestions or whatever if someone thinks it's cool.  Communal Catgirl Repository if you will.
Do I write any better? My work hours are hell (clocked 13 hours yesterday), but I might manage some short pieces like the one linked. I don't own any Jihad material though, nor even Major Periphery States. So I might need some copies for some basic and relevant info. I have first edition (3025) of The Periphery though, and it's in better condition than my Total Warfare.

[edit]
Bad idea after all: I don't know history nor 'Mechs, I don't have latest source material at hand, but I've got plenty of other open and unopened books to read. Like Brush Wars, Era Report: 3052, The Complete Hammer's Slammers Volume 3...
« Last Edit: 05 January 2012, 16:29:55 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

RunandFindOut

• Lieutenant
  • Master of the LolCat Horde
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2012, 19:17:26 »
You can't really go wrong using Hammer's Slammers as a guide.  They're pretty much the prototypical Sci-Fi mercenaries (written based on the author's experience in Vietnam, ironically).  And they have the same sort of gritty, playing-both-sides, betrayed by employers feel that goes so well in the IS.
One does not just walk into Detroit

She ignored the dragon, and Freddy Mercury who arrived to battle it with the Power of Rock.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2012, 06:16:29 »
Haha, hardly.  I suck at writing, though I will kick this open to any suggestions or whatever if someone thinks it's cool.  Communal Catgirl Repository if you will.According to TR85, multi-modal cybernetic eyes + IR/Laser Targeting and full-body dermal armor, though Masters and Minions seems to imply that the EM troops have further cybernetics on the level of the Manei Domini themselves.  So start with that and go where you like from there.
So what about the car ears?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2012, 11:57:18 »
After bit more thinking, I have idea for fan fic: run-on. Run-on is story that is made by several people: one posts beginning of the story and others continue it, and everyone can participate. Or everyone approved by ANS Kamas P81. At best anyone and everyone can participate to making of the story without need to know and understand Jihad era, MoC, and latest 'Mechs & stuff. One can write (type) just few sentences about bar fight between members of Felis Domini and Manei Domini ("They started it!"), and it can be fun read even when it doesn't meet the rules (Stackpole doesn't care much about the rules either). What says ANS Kamas P81?

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2012, 13:05:53 »
Felis Domini? With that name they can be prime target for vengeful regulans.
Do Neko's Dreams of Nuke shower?

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2012, 17:47:50 »
After bit more thinking, I have idea for fan fic: run-on. Run-on is story that is made by several people: one posts beginning of the story and others continue it, and everyone can participate. Or everyone approved by ANS Kamas P81. At best anyone and everyone can participate to making of the story without need to know and understand Jihad era, MoC, and latest 'Mechs & stuff. One can write (type) just few sentences about bar fight between members of Felis Domini and Manei Domini ("They started it!"), and it can be fun read even when it doesn't meet the rules (Stackpole doesn't care much about the rules either). What says ANS Kamas P81?
Go for it, this can only end in hilarity and catfights. (I was NOT passing up that pun.)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2012, 18:17:06 »

I made some implant combinations for this, some feedback please:

[Recon/Spotter]
Boosted Communications Unit
Enhanced Multi-Modal Cybernetic Eyes
4x Climbing Claws
Filtration Lung
Prosthetic Tail

[Assault/Defense]
Multi-Modal Cybernetic Eyes
Triple-Strength Myomer Implant
Secondary Power Supply
Enhanced Prosthetic Tail

[Pilot]
Buffered VDNI
Pain Shunt
Prosthetic Tail

The fake car ears (Boosted Communications Unit) and tail (Prosthetic) can be disconnected.

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2012, 21:13:59 »
Why I'd instant thought about Nuku-nuku?  ;)

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2012, 03:09:36 »
I made some implant combinations for this, some feedback please:
[Pilot]
Buffered VDNI
Pain Shunt
Prosthetic Tail

I'm not sure if the Magistracy have access to VDNI, or even the Buffered VDNI.
But the rest looks fine.  :)
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Register