Author Topic: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)  (Read 198541 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The Rasalhague Dominion: Friend of a Friend (but not your Friend)
« Reply #1140 on: 04 January 2020, 00:36:53 »
So people keep selling Elementals for cheap prices ... and I really want to pick them up but I just can’t justify it. Basically the gentleman’s offering four full Stars (and obviously I don’t need to buy ALL of them).

I already have four Stars of Elementals to go with my four full Trinaries. Do I really need more to go with my Cluster??? I was thinking of only two Stars to bump it up to two Mech Trinaries and two Mech/BA Supernova.

Do I take said deal or do I just wait for the Kickstarter.... help me trothkin!

EDIT: Now that I think about it: if I waste the money on all four Stars I’ll have four Binaries of Elementals, one Star of each Undines and Rogue Bears.... and still have my Mech cluster (without any Nova’s)......
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 01:17:02 by Tyler Jorgensson »

BigDuke66

• Master Sergeant
  • Last of the Wilds!
« Reply #1141 on: 05 January 2020, 22:44:54 »
Can you ever have enough Elementals? :-)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1142 on: 06 January 2020, 03:59:57 »
Can you ever have enough Elementals? :-)

Never but if I continue this way my opponents won’t want to wait as I set up 300+ Elementals on the field. I’ll never find an opponent for my new Claw Cluster of Zeta Galaxy.

EDIT: just gonna modify this.

In the future I’m gonna make a thread about my cluster as to not keep thread hijacking  the page. I caved and only bought two Stars of Elementals. I’ll post a complete Touman probably tomorrow. Picked up eight Gnomes and am very upset I cannot buy another two or a single Undine to fill out those odd numbers.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2020, 03:13:47 by Tyler Jorgensson »

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1143 on: 27 January 2020, 14:41:27 »
Never but if I continue this way my opponents won’t want to wait as I set up 300+ Elementals on the field. I’ll never find an opponent for my new Claw Cluster of Zeta Galaxy.
It depends, I use to play 40k with a Orc player who used to deploy the bulk of his  forces by pouring them on the battlefield and then placing the important units
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1144 on: 27 January 2020, 20:32:02 »
You could also state that each Toad hex equals a Star...

I've fielded them that way before, course I told the OpFor ahead of time. Even went and colored and numbered each hex too... when I did break them up, I had single units on pennies to account each Point, same color and number.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1145 on: 28 January 2020, 01:18:13 »
It depends, I use to play 40k with a Orc player who used to deploy the bulk of his  forces by pouring them on the battlefield and then placing the important units

I’ve seen that before too lol. Cracks me up especially with some of the 40K players attitudes.

I have thought about that TT but most of my games have been Star sized so I haven’t had that problem yet. If I do end up playing a larger game I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1146 on: 28 January 2020, 15:24:22 »
Well five pennies do equal a Star...

I've fielded close to a Cluster that way... Even used Nova  formations like that, both tank and mech.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1147 on: 03 February 2020, 00:11:32 »
I have some questions about CBG.
Did they kick Comstar out? Clans obviously have the ability to maintain their own HPG network and they came with their entire clan after the invasion so they would have their own HPG techs and have no need for Comstar.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1148 on: 03 February 2020, 09:01:01 »
I have some questions about CBG.
Did they kick Comstar out? Clans obviously have the ability to maintain their own HPG network and they came with their entire clan after the invasion so they would have their own HPG techs and have no need for Comstar.

Yep. After ComStar turned against the Clans for Tukayyid, they were kicked out of the Occupation Zone. Eventually, the rump Free Rasalhague Republic joined the Ghost Bears, and ComStar was kindly but forcefully evicted.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1149 on: 31 March 2020, 13:33:45 »
Got some good news today!! I had a couple of mechs commissioned for painting that are almost done!! Got a Karhu and a mad dog mk4 in Rasalhague galaxy colors. I'll try and share photos once I get them.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1150 on: 29 May 2020, 19:23:09 »
Oh god oh god I've done it: I've bought more Elementals.... somebody stop me. This will be Eight Stars of Elementals, one of Undine, and fifteen suits of Rogue Bear (planning on finishing out the star).

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1151 on: 29 May 2020, 19:24:44 »
The only way to get more Elementals is to go Hell's Horses.  :o
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1152 on: 29 May 2020, 19:56:40 »

IDK man... I might have to paint up Zeta Galaxy and keep a full mech Cluster with out Elemental support.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1153 on: 29 May 2020, 20:07:02 »

Grass is greener on the other side, and free pony rides for all!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1154 on: 29 May 2020, 20:10:14 »
Grass is greener on the other side, and free pony rides for all!

TT

I'm not opposed to working with them (especially them and the Ravens), but I'm sorry but I'll always be a Ghost Bear.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1155 on: 30 May 2020, 04:49:10 »
*squinty eyes* isn't there a disco you're late for? ;),
I'm not opposed to working with them (especially them and the Ravens), but I'm sorry but I'll always be a Ghost Bear.

Never forget the greatest horse Khan was a former bear ^___^
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1156 on: 30 May 2020, 11:42:35 »
You’re not wrong .... but Jake did get a little bloodthirsty for a while (IIRC).

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1157 on: 30 May 2020, 11:58:46 »
*squinty eyes* isn't there a disco you're late for? ;), 

A Raven is never late. They arrive exactly when they intended to.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1158 on: 30 May 2020, 12:10:47 »
A Raven is never late. They arrive exactly when they intended to.

Isn't that the motto of your Combat salvage teams?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1159 on: 06 June 2020, 19:57:51 »
For the Bear Touman during REVIVAL up through Tukayyid, how likely would it be to encounter a Kodiak in a front-line unit? Would there be any units that would be more likely to include BattleMechs in this timeframe, however rarely? Thanks!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1160 on: 07 June 2020, 14:30:22 »
For the Bear Touman during REVIVAL up through Tukayyid, how likely would it be to encounter a Kodiak in a front-line unit? Would there be any units that would be more likely to include BattleMechs in this timeframe, however rarely? Thanks!

I know the kingfisher turned up with the bears and I think the jags during tuk. I think the kodiak was strictly second line at the time.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #1161 on: 08 June 2020, 07:43:24 »
Personally I would say strictly second line. About the only second line unit is that binary that shows up at Tukayyid.

In this day and age there is a demand to have some more variation in front line units. I would argue against it simply because of the the mess it makes of super novas etc.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #1162 on: 08 June 2020, 14:57:43 »
You mean Reserve Trinary Echo Four from the Tukayyid pack? That's part of the reason I asked, as the text has a line that states "...the rest of Beta Galaxy" in the fluff for the scenario including them, and that they were an all-BattleMech formation. That made me wonder what unit would have had second-line troops in a front-line Galaxy. I had thought I once read that the Polar Bear Clusters were mixed units but I can't find reference to that anywhere and so apparently made it up.

In this day and age there is a demand to have some more variation in front line units. I would argue against it simply because of the the mess it makes of super novas etc.

That's the next struggle, adding some variety in small units vs the ability to fully mechanize a Nova if needed/desired...
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1163 on: 10 June 2020, 13:50:53 »
You mean Reserve Trinary Echo Four from the Tukayyid pack? That's part of the reason I asked, as the text has a line that states "...the rest of Beta Galaxy" in the fluff for the scenario including them, and that they were an all-BattleMech formation. That made me wonder what unit would have had second-line troops in a front-line Galaxy. I had thought I once read that the Polar Bear Clusters were mixed units but I can't find reference to that anywhere and so apparently made it up.

The book says they were included as a middle finger to the other OG 4 invader clans who didn’t bring second line forces. Ghost Bear doesn’t give vehicles to second line forces unless they are PGC or Phalanx clusters, second line is just BattleMechs so mixed force types doesn’t matter, it’s just Omni vs Standard for the majority of the clusters (and nearly all clusters up to that point)

Polar Bear clusters were the Bears light/medium recon and pursuit clusters. They’d follow what ever equipment is deserving of their place in the toumen (Keshik/frontline/second line). It says somewhere (I think later on in the Tukkayid book, maybe, or sarna) they were disbanded after the 20th got wrecked. At the time they were the only cluster in the toumen that was organized as a Polar Bear cluster.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #1164 on: 10 June 2020, 13:59:16 »
I have question to you Rasalhague Dominion players. How does they society work and if it's towards Clan society how do Rasalhague people handled switch to caste system?
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1165 on: 10 June 2020, 16:44:46 »
I have question to you Rasalhague Dominion players. How does they society work and if it's towards Clan society how do Rasalhague people handled switch to caste system?

I’m pretty sure we just left them alone long enough they said ‘those guys seem alright’.
Then we exile the people who do too much disrupting of the family. Or send the super watch death squads to their hidey holes.

All kidding aside, there isn’t a whole lot. For the most part I’m pretty sure we did leave the people alone outside of military matters. Then merchants caste people got involved in IS markets and the politics that went with it. After the rest of the FRR was absorbed in the early stages of the Jihad it seemed kinda split between FRR government governs plebs, clan governs military and clans. Other clans seemed to stay distanced from conquered populations, and ghost bears didn’t really (aside from maybe warriors), they let their people mix with Spheroid populations.

After the Second Combine-Dominion War the civilian government got all uppity about war crimes or whatever (its just the Nova Cat...sheesh) do they took more control. The Khan at the time was the FRR elected prince (still or former idk) so he made that move more palletable for both sides.

The Freeminders want more openness in the clan caste system, especially as it relates to breeding and employment. The one DA book talks about it. Love is still taboo for warriors and I’m sure it’s still drilled in the lower castes but they have much more opportunity to fall in love and have the family they want rather than the one they are assigned to have. They see IS people doing this and they can’t. The clan side of the government (even after the FRR Portion taking over) doesn’t recognize these families so they redeploy the techs and scientists at will, not thinking of the family they love.

So my understanding in a tl;dr:

Ghost bears own a Prince from the FRR, that helps a lot.
Leave IS people alone. Kill the bad ones
Clan lower castes interacts more with IS people, becomes more like them.
Warriors on both sides become more like each other (stars with good clan vees).
Caste is for clan but it’s more open in some areas, IS people are sorta outside but can be generally grouped similarly if you go real broad with the strokes
Exile the people who make you mad but you can’t kill.
Profit (?)

« Last Edit: 10 June 2020, 16:47:39 by Kerfuffin(925) »

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1166 on: 10 June 2020, 21:19:52 »
Also if you read the new Shrapnel issue (aka Issue One) there is an interesting story regarding the Ghost Bears and their IS conquests that sheds some light. Also Trial by Chaos is another good novel for such information.

Not all the Rasalhague population enjoyed it of course hence the Motstand Resistance group. They were a core of former FRR warriors and anti-clanners that were around for seventy odd years of low level skirmishing that are mentioned in several TRO’s in background fluff (The Rogue Bear and Constable come to mind).

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #1167 on: 11 June 2020, 00:36:12 »

The Ghost Bear Khan controls the Touman and the associated (military) Scientist and Technician Castes.  The Rasalhague Prince controls civilian affairs.  Although there are now many Rasalhagians in the Touman and the Prince must have served in the Touman, there’s been no wholesale conversion of the Rasalhagian society, economy, etc. to the Clan caste system.

The Khan and Prince answer to a Dominion Council, in which power is shared equally between Clan trueborns, Clan freeborns, and Rasalhagian civilians.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #1168 on: 11 June 2020, 08:29:12 »
That's interesting. I can think that most other clans wouldn't look that arrangement favorably.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1169 on: 11 June 2020, 08:48:27 »
That's interesting. I can think that most other clans wouldn't look that arrangement favorably.

From what I understand no other Clan has really tried to incorporate both IS and Clans into one.  From what I understand the Clans were in charge and although some IS were allowed into the Touman or a high ranking position they were far above the rest in ambition and intelligence.  Please correct me if I am wrong.