Author Topic: HeavyMetal Pro forum broken, again  (Read 1295 times)

Cavgunner

• Master Sergeant
HeavyMetal Pro forum broken, again
« on: 26 August 2019, 22:51:01 »
Apparently, no one is able to log in to the HM Pro forums, not even Rick himself.  Rick has been trying to work with the host to resolve this, but so far, without luck.

Just in case the dozen or so of you that still post there are watching this.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: HeavyMetal Pro forum broken, again
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2019, 07:16:24 »
It's been many, many weeks since I logged into the site. I have no hope in it ever being fixed in the near future.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2019, 19:50:02 »
That place has been effectively dead for at least a decade, now. Might be best to just let it die.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2019, 21:20:38 »
Yep. We have MegaMekLab now which is far more rules compliant anyway, though HMP does have a better interface for now.

Besides, maybe the new concept app hinted at during the KS will be the new HMP replacement.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2019, 14:51:57 »
Despite the applications being antique at this point, it is still a community. Hopefully they unbugger it, at least enough for Rick to tell them where to migrate...
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.