Author Topic: where finding their 3dfiles for battletech terrain and buildings  (Read 3072 times)

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
As title says I wondering where everyone finding their files for building and such for battletech game
 I am asking as I want to put together a collection of files for printing as well as put my free 3d printer to work for me.(i will explain later) But I want to try and get back into playing, it been 10+ years since I had a game and I love to combine these 2 great hobbies I have.  I would also love to at some point put a pack together of all the files to share among the members and work on a way to offer printing services for those that don't feel they comfortable with the learning challenges of owning a printer.  Plus I could do packs for Cons and such for those host to offer as prizes and such once I get going .. (I would not paint them as I still such in that department lol)..   I looking like I said for a couple reasons (I was given a printer, in a box completely apart (even the boards where removed from the case)). I used a video and figure out the wiring and have successfully tested printed on it .( My wife wants me to sell it ) but I want to actually use it as a side project printer ( aka the battletech pieces) and it larger than our current printer if older.  I figure it be usefully to 3d print building and possible decor of battletech nature as I learn more and ( people design pieces want printed). I considered taking the house and clan icons and seeing if I got enough skill to convert them into 3d prints but I not sure if they be a hit or if I can even do it lol) as I suck at drawing but I looking to learn as i know my Cerebral palsy and my days of working ( lifting and carrying items are coming to a end within the decade if I last that long).  so I want something I can fall back on while the gears upstairs still work.  Plus  if I learn to design stuff maybe do some custom pieces for events or such to help other out ... 
« Last Edit: 02 August 2022, 18:32:16 by mechnut450 »

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
A note of guidance to everyone reading this.
So long as the discussion stays on terrain files alone We'll all get along just fine.
Please make sure this discussion doesn't deviate from that.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Perhaps the OP could be prevailed upon to edit the thread title to that suggested by the Mod? ???

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
Re: where finding their 3dfiles for battletech
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2022, 16:47:38 »
sorry not been on much and won't let me to edit in such regards.. yes terrain and building like pieces is all i am after.    I also was wondering if ( long shot  I even lost his contact info )  anyone heard from amusedvermin in a long while??   I had limited run permission  to resin cast some of his old buildings and I was wondering if he still around I like to renew it and see if I can make them into printable files with his permission..  I am also open to others ideals on pieces and ( with mods permission  possible sharing the print files on here and or make a some stuff to show (I still suck at painting lol)...

I remember making some hex pieces that were of destroyed mechs  and was working at a vehicle one for a while. or some other idea for trying to make pieces related to battletech, I am not going to make figure as that against rules and such.  I remember seeing that ( somewhere) someone had made a mechbay design.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Like this...
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2022, 17:45:19 »
If you "Modify" the first post, you can click into the "Subject" field and edit that too (see the subject line of this post for an example)...

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
Re: Like this...
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2022, 18:33:49 »
If you "Modify" the first post, you can click into the "Subject" field and edit that too (see the subject line of this post for an example)...
thanks my mind been all over the place between work, computer issues and rebuilding a free 3d printer that was taken completely apart . I am lucky  if i remember to check  the forums it been so long since I played.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Glad I could help!  :thumbsup:

R4360

• Corporal

https://hardwarestudios.co/ has a mix of 3D prints and STL files available for various types of terrain & buildings. Thunderhead Studios also has a good line of STL files for both buildings and terrain, and offers them through several sites both as STL files and physical prints, https://steelwarriorstudios.com/collections/hextech-terrain-system being one example.

Rougarou Rhapsody

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Agent #1053
There is also "raining fire" on thingiverse.  He has a lot of good options and they are free
“No half measures. Some things can’t be cut in half. You can’t half-love someone. You can’t half-betray, or half-lie.” ― Mark Lawrence, Emperor of Thorns

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
I cannot recommend enough STEEL WARRIOR STUDIOS.

lots, and I mean LOTS of Terrain/Building files and he provides both the STL's and Printed Models, and is Canadian to boot!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Register