Author Topic: CamoSpecs Website  (Read 2468 times)

Lboydmsw

• Sergeant
CamoSpecs Website
« on: 11 August 2019, 09:48:55 »
Does anyone know if there are any plans to restore full functionality to the Camospecs website?

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
Re: CamoSpecs Website
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2019, 12:10:22 »
Yes. Work has been underway for some time; the sticking point was either needing a whole lot of cash to migrate, re-format, and input everything professionally, or do a lot of the grunt work manually. We didn't have the front-end capital, so the data input end has been slow going. At least that's my understanding of where things are at from a totally not-IT guy.

Lboydmsw

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2019, 09:22:58 »
great to know.  I have been working pretty hard on trying to up my mech painting skills.  I can paint traditional fantasy miniatures fairly well but getting the results I want on armor plating has been an exercise in frustration and patience.  I'm making progress thought.  Eventually I would like to submit some art work for consideration.  I was attempting to look at the unrepresented units the other day and found that the link was completely broken.  The website has been problematic but not unusable. No active list of unrepresented units had me pretty sad though.  I will just work on my painting skills in the mean time and hope that when I hit a point of feeling I have something of quality to present, that part of the site is back up and running.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2019, 21:54:18 »
You can also hit us up on the FB page for more informal feedback along the way. I'm not sure if there's much I can help with on the un-repp'd list right now; it doesn't do you any good for me to be able to come up with some in my head. I know FM:3145 will have a number of them. Republic units, with the main brigades sharing a single scheme across all the regiments is one way to go, while many of the new/revived Capellan units fit the bill as well. On the plus side there, many of them also existed during the SL-era, which broadens the variety of 'Mechs you could use.