Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition  (Read 198375 times)

jazzjr

• Private
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition
« Reply #870 on: 20 October 2018, 01:53:27 »
Yeh!  more items I will want to purchase that I won't know about when they're released.  And when I go to the new and improved web store won't be able to find by searching for new releases.  JOY...

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #871 on: 20 October 2018, 02:16:07 »
That's a nice spread of books, particularly the Touring the Stars additions, and I'm going to have to buy almost all of them :P

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #872 on: 20 October 2018, 04:56:20 »
Really looking forward to this slew of new releases, especially Tokasha and the Crimson Seeker Star  :thumbsup:

Hoping the latter will have a bit of new info on the Imperio.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #873 on: 20 October 2018, 06:31:52 »
Just glad to see new stuff. It was really quiet on the new stuff front.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #874 on: 20 October 2018, 06:43:26 »
Great stuff coming thank you writers
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #875 on: 20 October 2018, 06:43:45 »
Yeh!  more items I will want to purchase that I won't know about when they're released.

I’ve been promoting all recent releases on the website, here in the forums, and in social media. You’d have to work pretty hard to miss them.

Your point about the store is fair, though. It’s bothered me, too—I’ll have to see if there’s a way to change that before these start rolling out.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #876 on: 20 October 2018, 07:26:28 »
I'm very thankful for the update, Cubby.  Your working very hard on behave of the fan base!  :clap: :clap:
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

jazzjr

• Private
« Reply #877 on: 20 October 2018, 14:02:08 »
I’ve been promoting all recent releases on the website, here in the forums, and in social media. You’d have to work pretty hard to miss them.

Your point about the store is fair, though. It’s bothered me, too—I’ll have to see if there’s a way to change that before these start rolling out.

Thank you Cubby, BattleTech is my favorite game, and I am a collector by nature, so I buy every product released (except the figs - just can't afford all of them).  I sadly can no longer access this site from work, and seldom have time to browse the boards at home, so when the New Battletech for sale thread hasn't been updated for over a year and the web store doesn't work correctly I miss out on releases for months at a time.  This drives the completist in me insane.  Please keep up your efforts they are greatly appreciated.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #878 on: 20 October 2018, 15:29:50 »
And when I go to the new and improved web store won't be able to find by searching for new releases.  JOY...

At the store "front", if you click on Shop BattleTech, it appears that it displays all releases in descending order. YMMV. That's not the same as a big "New Releases" button/sign, but it isn't far short. Now having a searchable purchase library, that'd be something. There's not even a page index. I have to click Next to flip through each of seven pages.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #879 on: 21 October 2018, 00:58:17 »
Was hoping for a pre-Clan Invasion or Battle of Tukayyid era division spotlight, but more gaps/info on anything ComStar during the Republic era is welcome.

HuggyBear

• Recruit
« Reply #880 on: 21 October 2018, 02:14:43 »
Thank you Cubby, BattleTech is my favorite game, and I am a collector by nature, so I buy every product released (except the figs - just can't afford all of them).  I sadly can no longer access this site from work, and seldom have time to browse the boards at home, so when the New Battletech for sale thread hasn't been updated for over a year and the web store doesn't work correctly I miss out on releases for months at a time.  This drives the completist in me insane.  Please keep up your efforts they are greatly appreciated.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/2216/Catalyst-Game-Labs/subcategory/4328_4541/Battletech

drivethrurpg.com is a good source for purchasing Battletech and I believe they have new releases almost immediately.

Cheers,

- Bear

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #881 on: 21 October 2018, 10:25:43 »
so when the New Battletech for sale thread hasn't been updated for over a year

Ah, okay, that's the problem. That thread is not active and I'd been meaning to ask the mods to remove it for awhile now. The reason is, I've been trying to standardize a system where each New Release gets its own discussion thread, which is stickied for some reasonable amount of time, or while discussion on the product is still happening. The problem with the "For Sale" thread is that it doesn't allow customer feedback.

For this upcoming cycle of mini-PDFs, I'll probably just create one New Release thread for all of them, and announce new releases there, here, and on social media. That way I'm not generating a new New Release thread every week.

drivethrurpg.com is a good source for purchasing Battletech and I believe they have new releases almost immediately.

Yes, but a very bad source for the big-picture profitability of these products. If that's where you feel best about buying your product, by all means, use that source. It's on CGL to create a web store that will win back your support. It's not something I can directly affect, unfortunately.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #882 on: 21 October 2018, 10:43:24 »

Yes, but a very bad source for the big-picture profitability of these products. If that's where you feel best about buying your product, by all means, use that source. It's on CGL to create a web store that will win back your support. It's not something I can directly affect, unfortunately.

You know, as a bit of unsolicited opinion, I'd completely give a CGL online store a chance if purchases there could also be placed in my DTRPG library.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #883 on: 21 October 2018, 10:48:32 »

You know, as a bit of unsolicited opinion, I'd completely give a CGL online store a chance if purchases there could also be placed in my DTRPG library.

It's a fine idea in the abstract, but I'm sure DTRPG's natural position would be "Ok, sounds great. The fee for doing this will be CGL paying the margin we normally charge when selling your products directly on DTRPG". It's not in their interest to support a permanent discount to their services.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #884 on: 21 October 2018, 11:06:48 »
You're not wrong, but if my purchasing product X ends up making the same profit if I buy it through the CGL store as it would have if I made it through DTRPG instead, it's still a net gain as I'm using the CGL store and presumably building a new, better opinion of how they do business online.  I have to have a reason to start using CGL rather than DTRPG I've been using, and I suspect I'm not alone.  It's easier to get me to put my toe in that water if I still have the ability to have one place for re-downloading my stuff.
« Last Edit: 21 October 2018, 11:14:55 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #885 on: 21 October 2018, 11:19:35 »
Right, but that’s not how it would work. It’s not possible for us.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #886 on: 21 October 2018, 21:59:26 »
Was hoping for a pre-Clan Invasion or Battle of Tukayyid era division spotlight, but more gaps/info on anything ComStar during the Republic era is welcome.
The Crimson Seeker Star covers pre-invasion through the last time the Scorpions were heard from
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #887 on: 21 October 2018, 23:53:38 »
The Crimson Seeker Star covers pre-invasion through the last time the Scorpions were heard from

is that "reavings" or is that "the theoretical example blurb in the back of IntOps*" ?

(*: I think it was IntOps. The last core sourcebook to be released. Where there's a campaign example of Clan Coyote dropping in on the imperio to conquer some worlds and get some breathing room from the Adders)
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #888 on: 22 October 2018, 00:42:21 »

Apologies, it appears I was unclear - I was referring to the Unending Faith Spotlight - Blessed Order/Com Guard Division

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #889 on: 22 October 2018, 08:32:57 »
Ah, okay, that's the problem. That thread is not active and I'd been meaning to ask the mods to remove it for awhile now. The reason is, I've been trying to standardize a system where each New Release gets its own discussion thread, which is stickied for some reasonable amount of time, or while discussion on the product is still happening. The problem with the "For Sale" thread is that it doesn't allow customer feedback.

What about doing the best worst of both: Announce the availability in the "For Sale" thread by linking to the individual product threads?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #890 on: 22 October 2018, 08:43:31 »

I’m really very sympathetic to this, but, in the interests of providing honest feedback, the experiences for me have been so night-and-day for me that I have even re-purchased some titles that I originally bought through the old Battlecorps store through DTRPG, just to have easy access to my library at all times.

I want to support CGL, but it would take a lot to switch back, especially now that I own PDFs from half a dozen other game systems in the same digital library.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #891 on: 22 October 2018, 10:45:16 »
Ah, okay, that's the problem. That thread is not active and I'd been meaning to ask the mods to remove it for awhile now.

<hunchback lopes over and salutes> Yeth thir. You called thir?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #892 on: 22 October 2018, 13:09:53 »
I want to support CGL, but it would take a lot to switch back, especially now that I own PDFs from half a dozen other game systems in the same digital library.

That's completely fair. As I said upthread, building customer loyalty doesn't mean that the company demands you spend your money with them. It means that the company offers quality products and platforms that inspire you to think of them first. In this case, I wish it were a situation I could take action on.

<hunchback lopes over and salutes> Yeth thir. You called thir?

Sorry Igor, Bosefius beat you to it.

What about doing the best worst of both: Announce the availability in the "For Sale" thread by linking to the individual product threads?

One audience-engagement vehicle to rule them all, one audience-engagement vehicle to bind them.

Also, reasons of personality sanity--there are enough places I need to remember to post new product as it is.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #893 on: 23 October 2018, 00:08:05 »
is that "reavings" or is that "the theoretical example blurb in the back of IntOps*" ?

(*: I think it was IntOps. The last core sourcebook to be released. Where there's a campaign example of Clan Coyote dropping in on the imperio to conquer some worlds and get some breathing room from the Adders)
I was referring to Interstellar Expeditions
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #894 on: 23 October 2018, 13:25:26 »
Sorry Igor, Bosefius beat you to it.

Very well thur. Let me know if require anything. I thall be over by the lightning apparatuth.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #895 on: 23 October 2018, 15:11:18 »
Some interesting content coming up, for sure. Can't say I will end up buying EVERYTHING on that list, but there is a good amount that interests me. I hope the smaller PDF products end up being a workable idea. I do like how they help fill in the time between larger products.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #896 on: 25 October 2018, 13:37:47 »
I always need more Scorps in my life (to shoot at, mostly) and Unending Faith sounds really interesting. Glad to see such a huge slew of new .pdf products coming out.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #897 on: 26 October 2018, 11:10:46 »
New releases now available at the Catalyst Game Labs Store!

Be sure to discuss these products over on the dedicated "NEW RELEASE" discussion thread for all Winter 2018/2019 mini-PDF products.

Does ComStar have a right to its own military force?

Are you a Rooster or a Ringer? Why?

Spotlight On: Unending Faith

"When the Republic was born, not all accepted the dissolution of the Com Guard. When the Dark Age fell, some believed the light of Blake would illuminate the road ahead. Learn the secrets of the Blessed Order and the force with which they hope to gain power at the heart of the Republic."

PLEASE NOTE: At the time of its initial release, this product does not contain the accompanying Alpha Strike cards due to production issues. We will have an updated PDF out as possible; anyone who has previously purchased this product will receive the updated file.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/spotlight-on-unending-faith

Touring the Stars: Regis Roost

"His widely popular speech decried the Concordat government for not only abusing the right of eminent domain, but also prosecuting a war of aggression against non-planetary dwellers. He ended his speech shouting “Remember Neville!” as Ringer cargo ships approaching Morrison released gravel-sized pellets of titanium."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-touring-the-stars-regis-roost

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #898 on: 26 October 2018, 17:24:19 »
And bought! Thank you very much! I'm especially interested in more on the Super Secret ComGuard
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #899 on: 26 October 2018, 18:49:23 »
Some nice 'Mechs get C3i.   :thumbsup:
I have spoken.