Author Topic: weak captcha & registration mail ended up as spam  (Read 1637 times)

Exilyth

• Private
weak captcha & registration mail ended up as spam
« on: 05 August 2018, 16:47:15 »
Hi.

I just registered and noticed some things during the process. Aside from "the successor of battledroids" not being a valid name for this game and "mechjocks" not a proper designation for pilots...  ;) :P

1. The captcha is very weak - almost unreadable for humans (had to use 'listen to the letters'), but with the low amount of transformation applied to the letters, easily readable for machines. Why not use something more modern like e.g. recaptcha?

2. I'm using googlemail and the registration mail ended up labeled as spam. If you'd be running your own mailserver, I'd tell you to look into the config of that, but since you're using gmail too, you probably can only sit and wait until googles mail filter learns that the forum registration mails are not spam.

On a slightly related note, it would be nice if the password requirements (small & large letters & digits) would be listed somewhere on the registration page.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2018, 17:10:12 by Exilyth »
"Wife, in honor of our marriage, in addition to this morsel I give you a vast prize. My love, I give you the Capellan Confederation!" - Hanse Davion to Melissa Steiner-Davion at their wedding reception, sparking the Fourth Succession War, August 20, 3028

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: weak captcha & registration mail ended up as spam
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2018, 21:14:30 »
Hi Exilyth,

Welcome and thanks for the input, we'll look into making some positive changes as soon as possible!
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Register