Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!  (Read 186622 times)

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Starting the new thread, because the previous hit 50 pages.
Campaign Ops out.

Drive Thru RPG

Battlecorps options

A planet with Thunderbirds is scary on McEvedy's Folly.
Drive Thru RPG

Battlecorps
We're awaiting the "next big thing" whenever that will be.

On to our discussions.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 09:22:30 by Atlas3060 »
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2016, 10:01:30 »
First
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2016, 10:03:16 »
So... is this where what used to go in the "New BattleTech For Sale" thread will go now?
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 10:26:16 by Daryk »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2016, 10:19:03 »
I think something wrong with the system that used to "push" updates to the New Battletech for Sales" thread.  It still does once in awhile, but not always.

This what this thread all about and happy jabber about it!  ;D

I'm still holding out that TRO: Golden Century will get done, its was nice were told that TRO: Irregular Tech is going worked on again.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2016, 10:44:39 »
As we're less than thirty days out, is there a comprehensive list of what product will be available at the CGL Gen Con booth (for those of us who like to budget our purchases)?  :)
Charles "IronSphinx" Wilson (CDT #66)
=======================
Want to find a Battletech game in Michigan?
Go to www.playbattletech.org.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2016, 11:08:12 »
I think something wrong with the system that used to "push" updates to the New Battletech for Sales" thread.  It still does once in awhile, but not always.

This what this thread all about and happy jabber about it!  ;D

I'm still holding out that TRO: Golden Century will get done, its was nice were told that TRO: Irregular Tech is going worked on again.
The "system" you mention is Ray (or a designated blue-beamered flunky) having the time and the links and going to that thread and posting the info and links there.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2016, 11:22:26 »
As we're less than thirty days out, is there a comprehensive list of what product will be available at the CGL Gen Con booth (for those of us who like to budget our purchases)?  :)

So far, seems to be the Merc Company Dice.  Presumably the other dice too, though that's also already out.

And probably Campaign Ops.

Fingers still crossed for some surprises (please new plastics please new plastics), I'd love to know in advance though!

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2016, 11:30:22 »
So far, seems to be the Merc Company Dice.  Presumably the other dice too, though that's also already out.

And probably Campaign Ops.

Fingers still crossed for some surprises (please new plastics please new plastics), I'd love to know in advance though!

1st Succession War just became available to stores so I'm assuming they'll have copies there. I'm wondering what con exclusives and other little goodies they'll have on hand to wreck my budget?  ;D
=======================

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2016, 11:46:06 »
1st Succession War just became available to stores so I'm assuming they'll have copies there. I'm wondering what con exclusives and other little goodies they'll have on hand to wreck my budget?  ;D

The Merc Company dice seem to be all I've heard so far (And the reason the Catalyst booth is my beeline during the running of the Lemmings!)

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2016, 12:10:58 »
So what's new?
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

wwwjason

• Sergeant
  • Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2016, 12:18:34 »
So far, seems to be the Merc Company Dice.

Merc Company Dice? I'm falling behind on the news... Where was this announced?
Jason Williamson, Captain of the Dragoon's Home Guard, witness to the Death of Jaime Wolf at Harlech, Outreach, Oct. 18 3067.

Sagittaire

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Catalyst Field Agent #455
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2016, 13:18:08 »
Merc Company Dice? I'm falling behind on the news... Where was this announced?

they were available at Origins but they had a limited quantity.

« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 13:24:50 by Sagittaire »
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Member of: Southern Ontario Battletech Society Facebook Group

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2016, 13:39:09 »
The "system" you mention is Ray (or a designated blue-beamered flunky) having the time and the links and going to that thread and posting the info and links there.
I thought he said a while ago it was automated. I won't said anything about it if was just a person mentioning it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

wwwjason

• Sergeant
  • Some People Call Me the Space Cowboy
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2016, 13:44:14 »
they were available at Origins but they had a limited quantity.

Wow - thanks!
Jason Williamson, Captain of the Dragoon's Home Guard, witness to the Death of Jaime Wolf at Harlech, Outreach, Oct. 18 3067.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2016, 14:07:07 »
Those are nice

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 06 July 2016, 14:09:53 »
They really, really are.

Which ones are they again?  I concede my unit badge heraldry knowledge is terrible. 

We've got (Left to right)

Wolf's Dragoons, GDL, Eridani Light Horse, ?????, Northwind Highlanders, Avanti's Angels, ?????, Kell Hounds, and ????

IronSphinx

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Robots!!!
    • PlayBattletech
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2016, 14:12:30 »
The Merc Company dice seem to be all I've heard so far (And the reason the Catalyst booth is my beeline during the running of the Lemmings!)
I've pretty much given up on collecting the custom dice. I got tired of showing up on Friday morning only to find out that the dice that I wanted were gone and then see them show up on ePay at price-gouging rates. Decided it just wasn't worth the frustration. Besides, I'd rather have any new novel that gets released or the latest sourcebook so I don't have to wait months for my FLGS to get them in (nice enough people, but they're not always as diligent with special ordering  Battletech product as I would like). I will say, though, that the merc pins that CGL was selling last year were pretty cool. Was happy to be able to get a full set of those, and the young lady running the register was kind enough to let me know that if I spent $10 more, I'd be spending enough to get one of the extra pins as a freebie.

Oh, and the dice appear to be: Wolf's Dragoons, GDL, Eridani Light Horse, Hansen's Roughriders, Northwind Highlanders, Avanti's Angels, Crescent Hawks, Kell Hounds, and 21st Centauri Lancers
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 14:15:46 by IronSphinx »
=======================

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #17 on: 06 July 2016, 14:19:57 »

I would have like it if they made some MRBC dice.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

HodgePodge

• Private
« Reply #18 on: 06 July 2016, 14:43:17 »
They really, really are.

Which ones are they again?  I concede my unit badge heraldry knowledge is terrible. 

We've got (Left to right)

Wolf's Dragoons, GDL, Eridani Light Horse, ?????, Northwind Highlanders, Avanti's Angels, ?????, Kell Hounds, and ????

Hansen's Roughriders, the Crescent Hawks, and the 21st Centauri Lancers
Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #19 on: 06 July 2016, 15:49:20 »
I've pretty much given up on collecting the custom dice. I got tired of showing up on Friday morning only to find out that the dice that I wanted were gone and then see them show up on ePay at price-gouging rates.

Imagine my frustration, having never been able to make it to Gen Con at all. Although maybe it's worse to have been there and still missed out.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #20 on: 06 July 2016, 15:54:27 »
Imagine my frustration, having never been able to make it to Gen Con at all. Although maybe it's worse to have been there and still missed out.

This, but not really. It just sucks.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #21 on: 06 July 2016, 16:40:33 »
On the first page! :)

But yeah, not sure which is worse.  But have gone to GC before (and heading there again in under a month). Cool new product hotness is hot.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 06 July 2016, 17:32:23 »
Physical copies of 1sw were at origins, so I expect those and the house dice will be back at GenCon. I'm guessing there may be a limited number of physical copies of CO since the PDF is out, but that is speculation. Regarding the merc dice, I don't think those were at the catalys booth. I think they were only at chessex.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #23 on: 06 July 2016, 17:52:52 »
I got tired of showing up on Friday morning only to find out that the dice that I wanted were gone and then see them show up on ePay at price-gouging rates. Decided it just wasn't worth the frustration.

While I agree with the frustration, my experience with eBay suggests that most of the folks buying the dice up want them for themselves. There's definitely one or two vendors who are buying to resell, but when I see dice from other people it looks like just a bare handful of people offloading their "extras," typically no more than two or three individual dice each.

I think it's interesting, and important, to realize that BattleTech's market is really quite small. Looking at my own wins and losses on eBay, there's rarely more than one or two active "super fans" at any one time, and it's rarely the same people over more than a month or so timeframe (though it can be hard to tell; eBay really makes it difficult to research buyers). With very few exceptions, I discovered that even if a specific item is being priced beyond my means, I need only wait for it to appear a third or fourth time to get a good deal.

So what does this have to do with New and Upcoming Releases? Why, the Q-Workshop dice, of course! Buy them. Buy as many as you want. But buy them to use or collect, not as an investment. In fact, don't treat anything BT-related as an investment.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 18:08:47 by ColBosch »
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #24 on: 06 July 2016, 18:22:40 »
Hey, I design all the dice and I don't have them all. And some blessed soul outright swiped my Cameron dice at GC. It is what it is.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #25 on: 06 July 2016, 18:30:07 »
Those Cameron dice are my holy grail. Some day...some day...
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #26 on: 06 July 2016, 18:52:13 »
Did you guys have win right to own the Cameron dice?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #27 on: 06 July 2016, 19:16:34 »
Hey, I design all the dice and I don't have them all. And some blessed soul outright swiped my Cameron dice at GC. It is what it is.

Given how insane gamers are about dice, I'd never bring my special sets to a convention. Which annoys me, because it makes me into a hoarder. >:(
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #28 on: 06 July 2016, 19:35:51 »
I kinda have a fetish for die... I currently own two goldfish size bowls full of them, not counting my Royal Crown liter bags of D&D sets, the fruity colored ones and my special Black and Red death set. Or my 2 sets of 5 mm Movement dice, 20 die each set.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #29 on: 06 July 2016, 19:36:20 »
To be brutally honest, BT is a terrible investment, while individual items could make a good return, the pool of potential buyers is small. You are better off saving your pennies and buying Berkshire Hathaway shares  O0

We are all part of the BT community be we love the game, in all its forms, to varying degrees. I certainly do not begrudge those who buy BT dice and other collectables and sell them for a profit on ebay. However, I simply look at the prices that some ask for these collectables and then respond in the immortal words of Darryl Kerrigan "tell him he's dreamin'! " (from The Castle for you non-Aussies who may not have seen the movie), have a chuckle and keep scrolling.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat