Author Topic: Clan Sub-Capital weaponry musings  (Read 1630 times)

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
Clan Sub-Capital weaponry musings
« on: 21 September 2011, 20:07:46 »
I was thinking of PWSs, and it occurred to me the Clans, once the dominant force in space combat due to thier warship fleets, are now at a disadvantage.  As they have so far only copied Sub-capital missiles, it limits design options on the PWCs I'm sure they'll be developing now, that so many warships have been lost, as have their ability to make more.  So, how long before some Inner Sphere Clan (probably Snow Raven) begins producing thier own copy of Sub-Capital Cannons and Lasers?

Another thought occurred to me: what if they applied their superior technology to the project, and made some upgraded SCLs?  Now, I don't see Cannons getting the same treatment (I'd think the hard recoil of rapid firing an Ultra SCC would ruin the gun mounting, and LBX would seem kind of a waste on such a large gun), but would pulse, heavy or ER versions of the lasers be possible?* Or is this idea, like many I have, a bit far fetched?

*note, I'm only thinking sub capital scale here.  I do think that such upgrades on something the size of a full capital scale laser would be too difficult to make it practical for combat, even if they had something to mount it on
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

Register