Author Topic: Buy your own MegaBot!?  (Read 3492 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
Buy your own MegaBot!?
« on: 24 September 2019, 07:35:32 »
Went onto the megabots channel on youtube to see what was new but instead found a goodbye. Out of money with loans to pay they are auctioning off the bigger of the two bots on ebay with a starting bid of $1.00. Bids are up to $50k so far. Wish I could buy the thing lol would be fun to own.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUVlRzC1G4
Auction (if you want to follow it): https://www.ebay.com/itm/133181448480

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
Re: Buy your own MegaBot!?
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2019, 09:23:57 »
That's a bum. Some say they handled the project poorly, but things start somewhere, and no good to see a start fail.
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Buy your own MegaBot!?
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2019, 09:58:17 »
Crash in burn, Megabot are dead.  Not surprising to hear they may have ran the business poorly.

I think they tournament fight they fought was a joke.  It was a real fight like they do in Battlebots.  it's a shame.

Well, so far their up to 50k for it, that may help them cope with the 2.5 million dollars they used to built it.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2019, 10:03:13 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki