Author Topic: Better deal; Hardened armor, or Ferro-Lamellar?  (Read 19982 times)

evilauthor

• Captain
Re: Better deal; Hardened armor, or Ferro-Lamellar?
« Reply #120 on: 18 September 2013, 16:08:11 »
Charger anyone?

The Charger at least theoretically has being a fast mech (for its size) as an advantage. A mech using Hardened Armor and Reinforced Structure couldn't guarantee even getting that much.

Coldstone

• Master Sergeant
  • Every battle is a lesson, waiting to be learned.
Re: Better deal; Hardened armor, or Ferro-Lamellar?
« Reply #121 on: 22 September 2013, 06:11:56 »
For a Vehicle, it is Hardened Armor. Why you may ask?

A Vehicle only suffers the +1 to PSR hits, it will not be slower. Then there is the added benefit that any critical hit rolls will suffer a -2 penalty. Even if you don't use more hardened than standard armor, the effect is there. If I use 240 Points of normal armor or only 120 Points of hardened (weight is the same) the bonus is there. Combine that with an armored motive system and vehicle get VERY VERY survivable. The +1 to PSR affects a Vehicle not that much. And I'm not sure, the re lasers will be so good. They weight so much more and produce enormous heat.  I think I would use 5 standard med Lasers than 2 Reengineered ones and would have more of it.

For every other unit it is Ferro Lamellor.

Well, I am tempted to test out the new anti ballisitc armor with a blue shield project. This combo should renders almost any headchopper weapon obsolete.
There's not to make reply
there's not to reason why
there's but to do, and die.
Into the valley of death rode the 600.