Author Topic: Company Shuffle Advice  (Read 993 times)

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Company Shuffle Advice
« on: 19 February 2014, 22:56:07 »
So, I have a project in mind I want to do, but said project requires me to remove all of the lighter unseens (and a couple of appropriate others...) from commands that have them. So, I turn to this forum for advice. Additionally the mix of these companies are mostly due to my collection of 'Mechs over the years and rather than trying to paint them all in one grand unified scheme, I sorted them into distinct companies... The addition of Alpha Strike to my library had nothing to do with that at all  :ninja: So if any of the companies presented here seems rather... eclectic, it's because I was working with what I had with as little additional purchases as possible. (Of course, this new idea changed that...) I would prefer replacements that are currently available through distribution, rather than e-bay or IWM Archived.

Without further ado:

Khorsakov's Cossacks Reinforced Company. Victor 9D, Awesome 9M, Jagermech DD, Hunchback 5M, Grasshopper 5J, Blackjack 2, Hatchetman 5S, Panther 10K, Cicada 3M, Cicada 3M, Spider 5V, Locust 1V, Thunderbolt 5S, Centurion 9D, Griffin 1N, Commando 2D. The period is somewhere around 3052... I think... The replacement is the LCT-1V with the JR7-K. Appropriate? (I have one floating unassigned, so can spare it for the exchange.)

The following companies are all from roughly 3067, other than the Marik Company, none of them have a specific command suggested for them:

Davion Company.  Rifleman 8D, Nightstar 9J, Rakshasa 1A, Jagermech III D3, Phoenix Hawk 3D, Enforcer III 6M, Hatchetman 5S, Enforcer 5D, Chameleon 7Z, Dart 4S, Stinger 5M, Javelin 10P. The 'Mechs to be removed are the PXH-3D, CLN-7Z, and STG-5M. What 'Mechs would be an appropriate replacement for those? (I know that the CLN is not an Unseen, but it has a place in this project...)

Marik Company. (Possibly Knights of the Inner Sphere.) Orion M, Guillotine 5M, Battlemaster 3M, Jenner D, Longbow 12C, Catapult C1b, Archer 8M, Hermes II 5S, Wraith TR1, Tarantula 1, Spider 7/8M, Hunchback 5P. While not part of the same project as the unseens, I don't feel it quite "fits" in this company. What other light should I switch it out with?

Kurita Company. Atlas K, Longbow 7Q, Wolverine 8K, Jagermech III, Grand Dragon 5K, Dragon Fire 3F, Crab 27, Strider OC (Variant Neutral, really), Panther 10K, Panther 10K, Jenner K, Jenner K. Again, much like the Marik Company, this isn't for the same project, but I am questioning this command. The lance of lights. I'm not sure if I like the mix. It feels too homogenous for BattleTech. Any thoughts?

Liao Company. Longbow 12C, Thunderbolt 9M, Warhammer 8D, Catapult C4, Cataphract 4L, Blackjack 2, Helios 3D, Cyclops 11-A-DC, Starslayer 3C, Locust 1Vb, Wasp 3M, Stinger 5M. The LCT-1Vb, WSP-3M, and STG-5M are all needing to be replaced. I know one is going to be replaced with a RVN, but am not sure about the other two. I'd like to keep all three as lights, but I do have a Vindicator in my unassigned 'Mech pile.

Not pictured: Steiner Company, WoB Level II, Coyote Front-Line Nova, Wolf Second-Line Binary, Assorted unassigned 'Mechs as none of those have any 'Mechs that are needed for my side project.

Thanks for the advice.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Re: Company Shuffle Advice
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2014, 15:08:33 »
Lots of views, no advice/ opinions. Would it be better to posts these as separate lists for each faction/ group, or should I help narrow things down by picking a specific subforce (Such as Knights of the Inner Sphere for Marik, Davion House Guard, etc...)?