Author Topic: Hephaestus Jump Tank - Clan Nova Cat-Hell’s Horses  (Read 1118 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Hephaestus Jump Tank - Clan Nova Cat-Hell’s Horses
« on: 19 November 2019, 07:00:50 »
Interesting question or maybe idea… XTRO: Prototypes says the Nova Cats dug up specs for the Kanga during OPERATION SCOUR, including a how to guide to build the infamous death trap.

And then: “Armed with this newly-acquired data, the Horses have finally been able to get the Hephaestus jump tank off the ground, though not without further compromises.”

So, I have questions.
Why are the Horses building this new jumping track. And not the Cats?
How did that exchange take place, do we think? Trial, trade deal?
And why aren’t the Nova Cats building the Kanga if they have the data?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: Hephaestus Jump Tank - Clan Nova Cat-Hell’s Horses
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2019, 17:19:57 »
I doubt they see as much value in the premise of it when compared to the Hell's Horses. I imagine it takes a LOT of R&D to get anywhere with such a project even for the Clans and even for a universe that's done it before, and the Cats probably just didn't want to deal with it.

As for what they might've gotten in return, no idea. But I'd assume trade before trial, as I doubt the Horses would care about it enough to fight over it even with being treadheads by Clan standards.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Hephaestus Jump Tank - Clan Nova Cat-Hell’s Horses
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2019, 19:38:59 »
Also the Cats had a lot to worry about - firstly setting up in the Inner Sphere, and then having to cope with their hosts going berko on them.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"