Author Topic: (AU) Build a treaty compliant navy!  (Read 7956 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
(AU) Build a treaty compliant navy!
« on: 12 November 2019, 05:13:08 »
Basic Setting: "...and the rise of the Heirs of Steiner-Davion..." This is an alternate setting where Hanse Davion won the Succession Wars and the Inner Sphere was unified under the banner of First Lord Victor Steiner-Davion by 3067. Explaining how that came about would take more bandwidth than the specifics of the challenge itself, so I'll just leave it at this. Everything came up Hanse, the Draconis Combine has become one of the First Lord's most ardent supporters, the Federated Suns (under Katherine) has become one of his most ardent opponents, the Capellan Confederation is under military occupation for rebelling again, it's 3081, and the Star League council has just ratified a naval treaty to prevent an arms race that might bring it all crashing down.

(Also, the clans never showed up)

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a navy compliant with the treaty specifications described below for one of the Star League's member states. (Federated Suns, Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, Free Worlds League, technically the Capellan Confederation I suppose, also the Free Rasalhague Republic and Magistracy of Canopus as minor powers, and the Star League Defense Force as itself). You can assume that this state starts with the fleet it had at roughly the modern height of its naval power in the canon timeline (so just before the jihad for most, or before the Fedcom civil war for the Suns and the Commonwealth, with adjustments where appropriate). The Star League Defense Force has inherited Comstar's entire navy (ten warships, that's all, we swear. What would we be doing with a large fleet?) and received the cruiser Covenant from the Draconis Combine, but beyond that, they're starting with a blank slate.

Since somebody may ask, Comstar is legally a civilian corporate entity with a sideline as a church. As happy friendly friends of the Star League, they've totally demobilized the majority of their mech forces or turned them over to the SLDF, handed over all their warships (keeping absolutely none for themselves in those hidden bases they totally don't have), and are slowly gaining a stranglehold over interstellar trade by having the most productive shipyards in the inner sphere. I assure you, they aren't planning anything. Though if one were to hypothetically examine what got posted here and start to wonder what some shadowy conspiracy might develop as a counter, who would I be to chastise them?

Now onto the challenge itself, here's the parameters:

Specific definitions and restrictions:

*Under the terms of the naval treaty, a WarShip is defined as any jump capable vessel equipped with either a compact or primitive (retrotech) jump core massing one hundred thousand tons or more. Jump capable vessels smaller than this mass, regardless of the jump core used, are not regulated by the treaty.

The treaty further breaks down WarShips into the broad categories of battleships, massing no more than 1,500,000 tons; cruisers, massing no more than 1,000,000 tons, and lesser vessels, massing no more than 500,000 tons. An additional subcategory of carrier warships is also included.

Warships have additional restrictions on their supporting units based on their classification. Battleships may not mount more than six docking collar, nor have hangar space for more than sixty aerofighters and thirty small craft. Cruisers may not mount more than four docking collars, nor may they have hangar space for more than forty aerofighters or twenty small craft. Lesser vessels are limited to two docking collars, twenty fighters, and ten small craft.

A carrier warship has the same docking collar limitation as its size category, however it may carry up to 120 aerospace fighters and thirty small craft.

In addition, all warships, dropships, and jumpships of all types are limited to a maximum battery of ten capital or subcapital missile launchers, with no more than ten missiles in the ready magazine per launcher.

WarShips currently in service with signatory powers that violate these treaty restrictions receive a five year grace period, at the end of which they must either be brought to compliance through modification or removed from service (the collar limitation will get lots of guys, but the flight deck limitation will make a Thera cry).

*Standard Jumpships are regulated by the treaty only by setting the maxiumum mass of any future designs at 300,000 tons. Any standard jumpships larger than this currently in service may be retained, and any such ships currently under construction at the time of the treaty's ratification may be completed.

*Combat Dropships are defined as armed dropships which fail to meet the definition of transports, and are regulated by limiting maximum mass to 15,000 tons and the maximum number of fighters carried to 40.

*Transport dropships are defined as dropships that allocate at least one third of their total mass to cargo or equipment unable to directly affect a spaceborn engagement, and are otherwise unregulated.

Treaty limitations on fleet size:

Each major power may operate up to sixty total warships (as defined above), massing no more than 30,000,000 tons in total. In addition, each major power may field no more than ten battleship and thirty cruiser class ships, and they are entitled to six carrier class vessels from among this total.

Minor powers may operate a fleet of up to twenty total warships, massing a total of ten million tons, of which half may be cruiser class vessels and two may be carriers.

The Capellan Confederation is prohibited from operating WarShips of any type. All remaining WarShips of the Capellan Navy have been awarded to the Star League Defense Force as War Prizes and are slated for reserve status. There is no additional restriction on other ship types.

The Star League Defense Force may operate up to two hundred total warships, including twenty battleship class vessels, fifty cruiser class vessels, and ten carriers.

All powers may additionally retain a fleet of inactive reserve vessels numbering up to half of their active warship fleet.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: (AU) Build a treaty compliant navy!
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2019, 16:37:38 »
Tagged
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2019, 18:09:57 »
*snip*
Jump capable vessels smaller than this mass, regardless of the jump core used, are not regulated by the treaty.
*snip*
This strikes me as a 99,999 ton-sized loophole...  ^-^

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2019, 18:11:41 »
Think I could use most of the stuff I made for the Warship Arms Race from awhile back. The ASF limits are a bit harsh though.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2019, 18:57:58 »
This strikes me as a 99,999 ton-sized loophole...  ^-^

:fine_print:

Nobody could EVER build enough sub hundred thousand ton primitive core vessels to be a threat, right?  :)
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2019, 19:00:08 »
Heh... Cannonshop just had Sun Tzu Liao catch on to that trick in his latest fan fic...

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2019, 23:37:08 »
I'll be returning to this later.
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2019, 10:04:15 »
Interesting, so faction members can build fleet but very small except for the Capellans who can't legally have it.

So at the moment, Sub-Capital style weapons don't exist at all?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 13 November 2019, 16:22:12 »
Sub-capital weapons are available. All inner sphere equipment from the 3080s and earlier is available with the exception of the Caspar and Caspar II systems.

(though I'm thinking of a related challenge involving the Caspar system and Comstar). 

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2019, 16:59:21 »
Do thunderbolts still get a crit chance?
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2019, 17:41:16 »
Do thunderbolts still get a crit chance?

???

No more than any other standard scale weapon of their damage class?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 13 November 2019, 20:56:06 »
That would depend entirely on the armor value of whatever they're shooting at, right?  ???

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 13 November 2019, 22:20:53 »
It sounds like you can make a "Transport Dropship" with 150 aerospace fighter bays like so:

Code: [Select]
New Dropship
Type: Military Spheriod
Mass: 100,000 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Introduced: 3080
Mass: 100,000
Battle Value: 5,920
Tech Rating/Availability: E/X-X-E-D
Cost: 1,272,544,000 C-bills

Fuel: 5,000 tons (50,000)
Safe Thrust: 3
Maximum Thrust: 5
Heat Sinks: 0 (0)
Structural Integrity: 75

Armor
    Nose: 678
    Sides: 577/577
    Aft: 476

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Fighter (150)           8 Doors   
    Bay 2:  Cargo (36697.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
None

Escape Pods: 0
Life Boats: 0
Crew:  5 officers, 19 enlisted/non-rated, 300 bay personnel

Notes: Mounts 270 tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor.

Weapons:     Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV     ERV   Class       
None

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 13 November 2019, 22:40:47 »
Beat me to it Lagrange, though I would sacrifice a little bit of cargo for AMS

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #14 on: 13 November 2019, 22:42:11 »
Heyo, I've made an SLDF transport and support jumpship.  It's got 5 dropship collars, lots of AMS and an ER large laser on each flank, and a L-F battery to keep up with fast ships or rapidly whip Dropships across the Inner Sphere.

Conveyor
Mass: 300,000 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Advanced)
Introduced: 3081
Mass: 300,000
Battle Value: 1,497
Tech Rating/Availability: E/X-X-E-F
Cost: 2,429,610,500 C-bills

Fuel: 100 tons (250)
Safe Thrust: 0
Maximum Thrust: 0
Sail Integrity: 5
KF Drive Integrity: 6
Heat Sinks: 0
Structural Integrity: 1

Armor
    Nose: 2
    Fore Sides: 2/2
    Aft Sides: 1/1
    Aft: 2

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Small Craft (1)         1 Door   
    Bay 2:  Cargo (45.0 tons)       1 Door   

Ammunition:
    420 rounds of Anti-Missile System [IS] ammunition (6 tons)

Dropship Capacity: 5
Grav Decks: 1 (100 m)
Life Boats: 4
Crew:  5 officers, 16 enlisted/non-rated, 2 gunners, 5 bay personnel

Notes: Equipped with
    lithium-fusion battery system
25 tons of standard aerospace armor.

Weapons:                                        Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                  Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
Nose (17 Heat)
5 Anti-Missile System                        5   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
    Anti-Missile System Ammo [IS] (720 shots)
1 ER Large Laser                            12    1(8)    1(8)    1(8)     0(0)   Laser       
FRS/FLS (17 Heat)
5 Anti-Missile System                        5   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
    Anti-Missile System Ammo [IS] (1440 shots)
1 ER Large Laser                            12    1(8)    1(8)    1(8)     0(0)   Laser       
ARS/ALS (17 Heat)
Aft (17 Heat)

*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 14 November 2019, 02:52:50 »
So the current plan I've come up with leaves me right on the 30MT limit with 50 ships, which I think will do me.

Fleet composition may seem a bit boring, but I've decided to standardize on a single calibre of gun for each type to simplify production and logistics rather then mixing bays to hit the magical 70 Capital Damage marker, also going with Naval C3 across the board.

Fleet Contains:
5 x Nagato-class Battleship (1.2MT)
15 x Atago-class Heavy Cruiser (900kt)
30 x Fubuki-class Destroyer (350kt)

Will update with designs and doctrine tomorrow, after work.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2019, 14:01:50 »
???

No more than any other standard scale weapon of their damage class?

I remember before my hiatus some discussion on making them less than other standard scale to prevent tbolt missile spamming. I still haven't picked up current core beyond TacOps so I wasn't sure.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 15 November 2019, 08:11:00 »
Beat me to it Lagrange, though I would sacrifice a little bit of cargo for AMS
Yep, that was just a quickie.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2019, 15:00:04 »
The Taurian Concordat Navy's initial proposal was rejected by the bean counters.  Over a year of negotiation between the army, the navy, and the bean counters ensued before settling on a plan.

The warship fleet consists of 20 warships, 10 Anvil class heavy cruisers, 2 Crown class carriers, and 8 Hammer class raider/destroyers.  Despite strong urging from fleet admirals, every warship has no docking collars due to cost concerns.  Instead, every warship is assigned at least one partner Overwatch jumpship.

Every warship is designed to operate as a linchpin of naval action supported by (and supporting) many ancillaries.  To do this, each has Naval C3, a large naval comm scanner, a suite of satellite imagers.  The Overwatch jumpship sports 4 docking collars, a mobile HPG, and 4 large grav decks providing exercise facilities capable of keeping regimental-size units in good muscle tone.  All Warship/Jumpship/Dropship personnel are quarters for long duration trips with supplies for year-long deployments for the warship.  All Warships and the Jumpship have LF batteries.

The Hammer is designed to win unfair fights with a toolkit of 3 tactical options.

1) The Hammer can function as a raider.  As an LF-jump unit, it has maximal strategic speed and interesting tactical options available.  The 5/8 tactical speed makes it able to pace or outrun most other large craft.  The Hammer also has a Light Naval Gauss which outranges all other capital weapons.  Furthermore, it can use a naval C3 spotter (detailed later) to hit commonly even at extreme ranges.  The mixture of speed, accuracy, and a heavy AMS blanket allows the Hammer to methodically beat an enemy into submisson.  Even against a slower maneuvering enemy, the NL55s in the aft-side arcs guarantee that one capital weapon can always come to bear at extreme range.

2) The Hammer can function as a destroyer.  The 5/8 speed allows it to rapidly close the range on slower opposing large craft and the many screen projectors gives it the ability close without taking enemy fire.  At short (for naval engagement) ranges the Hammer can unleash deadly blows with a crushing array of ER PPCs.  During a fleet action, this tactic also supports withering extreme range fire from other warships via Naval C3 connections

3) The Hammer can function as a carrier.  It's native ASF component is treaty limited, but the associated Overwatch jumpship (detailed later) routinely carries transport dropships (detailed later) which combine to provide overwhelming aerospace superiority.

Defensively, the Hammer sports only modest armor so survival is primarily achieved with speed, deep AMS ammo bays, and screen launchers.

Class/Model/Name: Hammer
Tech: Inner Sphere
Ship Cost: $8,900,328,000.00
Magazine Cost: $5,400,000.00
BV2: 93,849

Mass: 225,000
K-F Drive System: Compact with L-F Battery
Power Plant: Maneuvering Drive
Safe Thrust: 5
Maximum Thrust: 8
Armor Type: Lamellor Ferro-Carbide
Armament:
1 Naval Gauss Rifle Light
56 AMS (IS)
23 Screen Launcher
198 PPC ER+Cap (IS)
32 Laser Large Variable Speed
2 Naval Laser 55

Class/Model/Name: Hammer
Mass: 225,000

Equipment: Mass
Drive: 67,500.00
Thrust
Safe: 5
Maximum: 8
Controls: 563.00
K-F Hyperdrive: Compact with L-F Battery (7 Integrity) 104,063.00
Jump Sail: (4 Integrity) 42.00
Structural Integrity: 95 21,375.00
Total Heat Sinks: 2373(4746) Double 1,961.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 12500 points 2,550.00
Fire Control Computers: 1,267.50
Armor: 572 pts Lamellor Ferro-Carbide 427.00
Fore: 95
Fore-Left/Right: 96/96
Aft-Left/Right: 95/95
Aft: 95

Dropship Capacity: 0 0.00
Grav Decks:
Small: 1 50.00
Escape Pods: 25 175.00
Life Boats: 25 175.00

Crew And Passengers:
28 Officers in 1st Class Quarters 280.00
62 Crew in 2nd Class Quarters 434.00
77 Gunners and Others in 2nd Class Quarters 539.00
162 Bay Personnel 0.00
162   Steerage Passengers 810.00

Associated Craft:
20x Aerospace bays (5 doors)
10x Smallcraft bays (3 doors)
48x Battle Armor (12 points) marines
1290 tons standard cargo  (1 door)

# Weapons Loc Heat Damage Range Mass
1 Naval Gauss Rifle Light Nose 9 150 (15-C) Extreme-C 4,500.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) Nose 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
5x 1 Screen Launcher Nose 50 75 (7.5-C) 200.00
10x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FL 1800 1350 (135-C) 720.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FL 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
10x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FR 1800 1350 (135-C) 720.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FR 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) LBS 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher LBS 60 90 (9-C) 240.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) RBS 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher RBS 60 90 (9-C) 240.00
1 Naval Laser 55 AL 85 55 (5.5-C) 1,100.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AL 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AL 180 135 (13.5-C) 72.00
1 Naval Laser 55 AR 85 55 (5.5-C) 1,100.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AR 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AR 180 135 (13.5-C) 72.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) Aft 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher Aft 60 90 (9-C) 240.00

Ammo Rounds Mass
AMS (IS) Ammo 19200 1,600.00
Screen Launcher Ammo 240 2,400.00
Naval Gauss Rifle Light Ammo 600 120.00

The Hammer relies on two kinds of ancillary dropships and an Overwatch jumpship.  The simplest of these is the Eyespy Dropshuttle.  As a dropshuttle, it has no KF-boom, so it must be carried internally as cargo.  Using the cargo handling rules, it takes several minutes to deploy the Eyespy.  Every Hammer carries one Eyespy, and other supporting dropships carry other Eyespys.

The Eyespy specializes as a hard-to-hit/hard-to-kill naval spotter with 9/14 speed and 100 tons of heavy ferro aluminum armor.  However, unlike an assault dropship or pocket warship, it has no weapons, allowing it to fit into a small 400 ton package which capital weapons have inherent difficulty tracking.

Eyespy Dropshuttle
Mass: 400 tons
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Experimental)
Mass: 400
Battle Value: 5,506
Tech Rating/Availability: F/X-X-F-E
Cost: 191,943,416 C-bills

Fuel: 5.5 tons (385)
Safe Thrust: 9
Maximum Thrust: 14
Heat Sinks: 35
Structural Integrity: 29

Armor
    Nose: 648
    Sides: 545/545
    Aft: 441

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Cargo (0.5 tons)        1 Door   

Ammunition:
None

Life Boats: 0
Crew:  4 enlisted/non-rated

Notes: Mounts 104 tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor.

Weapons:     Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat) Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV     ERV   Class       
None

The other dropship is the Warmother.  This is a transport dropship according to the treaty, providing capacity for a battalion of 48 mechs (7200 tons), 3 Air Division (72) of aerospace fighters and 3 Air Divisions (72) of Smallcraft, quarters for 1500 passengers (7500 tons), and a generous cargo hold of 5505 tons.  Loaded for a long haul, all bay personnel can use quarters.  The Smallcraft function as transports for battlearmor and light vehicles, as heavy fighters rivaling combat dropships, or as aerospace defenders augmenting AMS loads.  Altogether, the Warmother supports a regimental scale ground deployment.

The Warmother dropship is designed to be highly survivable, using it's remaining free tonnage for an enormous engine providing 5/8 thrust, substantial armor, many screen launchers and AMS in all arcs, backed by a generous ammo load and deep heat sinks which are otherwise little used.

The Warmother has few direct attack weapons.  The philosophy here is that a transport for so much material should avoid direct naval combat.  The 5/8 engine is obviously helpful here, as is the complement of ASF and smallcraft.  An effective deployment of these craft can generate significant offensive firepower although door limits imply that it takes 12 minutes to achieve a full deployment.

The Warmother does have one lethal direct attack ability---an aft-mounted SCL-3 bay can be used to effectively support ground troops once aerospace superiority is established or to strongly discourage pursuers.

Aside from use with navy warships, the Warmother can also be used in a command circuit to transport forces to a system 100s of light years away in a matter of hours. 

Warmother Dropship
Mass: 100,000 tons
Mass: 100,000
Battle Value: 19,349
Cost: 2,176,675,200 C-bills
Fuel: 600 tons (6,000)
Heat Sinks: 470 (940)
Structural Integrity: 75
Armor      
     Nose: 678      
     Sides: 577/577      
     Aft: 476

Cargo
Bay 1: Fighter (72) 3 Doors
Bay 2: Small Craft (72) 3 Doors
Bay 3: Mech (48) 2 Doors
Bay 4: Cargo (5505.0 tons) 1 Door
Escape Pods: 8
Life Boats: 8
Crew: 16 officers, 33 enlisted/non-rated, 30 gunners, 600 bay personnel
Ammunition: 5,760 rounds of Anti-Missile System [IS] ammunition (480 tons),
240 rounds of Screen Launcher ammunition (2,400 tons)

Notes: Mounts 270 tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor.

Weapons:                                         Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                   Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV     ERV   Class       
Nose (90 Heat)
5 Anti-Missile System                         5   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
    Anti-Missile System Ammo [IS] (11520 shots)
4 Screen Launcher                            40   6(60)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  Screen Launcher
    Screen Launcher Ammo (40 shots)
3 ER PPC                                     45   3(30)   3(30)   3(30)    0(0)  PPC         
RS/LS Fwd (90 Heat)
5 Anti-Missile System                         5   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
4 Screen Launcher                            40   6(60)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  Screen Launcher
3 ER PPC                                     45   3(30)   3(30)   3(30)    0(0)  PPC         
RS/LS Aft (90 Heat)
Aft (141 Heat)
3 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/3)                  96   9(90)   9(90)    0(0)    0(0)  Sub-Capital Laser

The Crown carrier is mostly just a scaled up version of the Hammer which maximizes the treaty limits for carriers.  A few extra modifications exist, like more generous fuel and deeper AMS reserves.  Together with two Warmother dropships, the Crown carrier is capable of generating a Thera-scale ASF swarm to achieve aerospace dominance.  Although all the tactics of a Hammer are available to a Crown, use as a destroyer is discouraged in most circumstances.

Class/Model/Name: Crown
Ship Cost: $10,159,842,000.00
Magazine Cost: $5,400,000.00
BV2: 99,749

Mass: 425,000
Armament:
56 AMS (IS)
23 Screen Launcher
198 PPC ER+Cap (IS)
32 Laser Large Variable Speed
2 Naval Laser 55

Class/Model/Name: Crown
Mass: 425,000

Drive: 127,500.00
Thrust
Safe: 5
Maximum: 8
Controls: 1,063.00
K-F Hyperdrive: Compact with L-F Battery (10 Integrity) 196,563.00
Jump Sail: (4 Integrity) 52.00
Structural Integrity: 95 40,375.00
Total Heat Sinks: 2549(5098) Double 2,000.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 12500 points 5,100.00
Fire Control Computers: 1,267.50
Armor: 867 pts Lamellor Ferro-Carbide 807.00
Fore: 145
Fore-Left/Right: 144/144
Aft-Left/Right: 145/145
Aft: 144

Dropship Capacity: 0.00
Grav Decks:
Small: 0 0.00
Medium: 1 100.00
Large: 0.00
Escape Pods: 60 420.00
Life Boats: 60 420.00

Associated Craft:
120x Aerospace bays (9 doors)
30x Smallcraft bays (3 doors)
48x Battle Armor (12 points) marines
2970 tons standard cargo  (1 door)

Crew And Passengers:
35 Officers in 1st Class Quarters 350.00
95 Crew in 2nd Class Quarters 665.00
77 Gunners and Others in 2nd Class Quarters 539.00
462 Bay Personnel 0.00
462 Steerage Passengers 2,310.00

7x 2 AMS (IS) Nose 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
5x 1 Screen Launcher Nose 50 75 (7.5-C) 200.00
10x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FL 1800 1350 (135-C) 720.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FL 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
10x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FR 1800 1350 (135-C) 720.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FR 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) LBS 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher LBS 60 90 (9-C) 240.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) RBS 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher RBS 60 90 (9-C) 240.00
1 Naval Laser 55 AL 85 55 (5.5-C) 1,100.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AL 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AL 180 135 (13.5-C) 72.00
1 Naval Laser 55 AR 85 55 (5.5-C) 1,100.00
4x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AR 80 80 (8-C) 72.00
9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AR 180 135 (13.5-C) 72.00
7x 2 AMS (IS) Aft 14 42 (4.2-C) 7.00
6x 1 Screen Launcher Aft 60 90 (9-C) 240.00

Ammo Rounds Mass
AMS (IS) Ammo 19200 1,600.00
Screen Launcher Ammo 240 2,400.00

Equipment Mass
Naval C3 4,250.00
NCSS Large 500.00
Imager Hyperspectral 7.50
Imager Infrared 5.00

The last warship is the Anvil.  The Anvil is built as pocket battleship able to compete with the much larger historical McKenna and Texas designs.  The centerpiece of its weapon system is a nose full of naval gauss.  When combined with Naval C3, this weapon system can gut many warships at extreme range in a minute.  Opponents that close with the Anvil discover a devastating secondary array designed to wipe out squadrons of aerospace fighters wholesale.

Aside from functioning as a battleship, the Anvil's complement of Warmothers combined with it's native aerospace fighter complement provide overwhelming aerospace superiority swarms.  Similarly a single Light Naval Gauss provides a mechanism to pound most space stations into scrap from beyond effective response range.

Defensively, the Anvil features an excessive quantity of armor on the nose, Texas-class armor on all arcs, an antimissile system with deep reserves of ammunition and heat sinks, and a smothering array of screen launchers that allow the Anvil to manipulate line of sight to its advantage.

The Anvil is also designed for long duration missions with a substantial fuel reserve.

Class/Model/Name: Anvil
Ship Cost: $14,460,446,000.00
Magazine Cost: $50,400,000.00
BV2: 276,464

Mass: 735,000
Armament:
15 Naval Gauss Rifle Medium
58 AMS (IS)
684 PPC ER+Cap (IS)
21 Screen Launcher
48 Laser Large Variable Speed

Class/Model/Name: Anvil
Mass: 735,000

Drive: 132,300.00
Thrust
Safe: 3
Maximum: 5
Controls: 1,838.00
K-F Hyperdrive: Compact with L-F Battery (16 Integrity) 339,938.00
Jump Sail: (5 Integrity) 67.00
Structural Integrity: 150 110,250.00
Total Heat Sinks: 7331(14662) Double 6,772.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 12500 points 5,100.00
Fire Control Computers: 7,988.50
Armor: 2295 pts Lamellor Ferro-Carbide 2,205.00
Fore: 745
Fore-Left/Right: 325/325
Aft-Left/Right: 300/300
Aft: 300

Dropship Capacity: 0.00
Grav Decks:
Medium: 1 100.00
Escape Pods: 60 420.00
Life Boats: 60 420.00

Crew And Passengers:
61 Officers in 1st Class Quarters 610.00
131 Crew in 2nd Class Quarters 917.00
171 Gunners and Others in 2nd Class Quarters 1,197.00
330 Bay Personnel 0.00
330 Steerage Passengers 1,650.00

Associated craft:
40x Aerospace bays
20x Smallcraft bays
100x Battle Armor (25 points)
2472 tons cargo

7x 2 + 1x 1 Naval Gauss Rifle Medium Nose 225 3750 (375-C) 82,500.00
2x 2 AMS (IS) Nose 4 12 (1.2-C) 2.00
16x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FL 2880 2160 (216-C) 1,152.00
3x 1 Screen Launcher FL 30 45 (4.5-C) 120.00
6x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FL 120 120 (12-C) 108.00
16x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) FR 2880 2160 (216-C) 1,152.00
3x 1 Screen Launcher FR 30 45 (4.5-C) 120.00
6x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed FR 120 120 (12-C) 108.00
9x 2 AMS (IS) LBS 18 54 (5.4-C) 9.00
5x 1 Screen Launcher LBS 50 75 (7.5-C) 200.00
4x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) LBS 720 540 (54-C) 288.00
9x 2 AMS (IS) RBS 18 54 (5.4-C) 9.00
5x 1 Screen Launcher RBS 50 75 (7.5-C) 200.00
4x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) RBS 720 540 (54-C) 288.00
16x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AL 2880 2160 (216-C) 1,152.00
6x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AL 120 120 (12-C) 108.00
16x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) AR 2880 2160 (216-C) 1,152.00
6x 2 Laser Large Variable Speed AR 120 120 (12-C) 108.00
9x 2 AMS (IS) Aft 18 54 (5.4-C) 9.00
5x 1 Screen Launcher Aft 50 75 (7.5-C) 200.00
4x 9 PPC ER+Cap (IS) Aft 720 540 (54-C) 288.00

Ammo Rounds Mass
Naval Gauss Rifle Medium Ammo 1500 600.00
AMS (IS) Ammo 60000 5,000.00
Screen Launcher Ammo 320 3,200.00

Equipment Mass
Naval C3 7,350.00
NCSS Large 500.00
Imager Hyperspectral 7.50
Imager Infrared 5.00

Each Warship is supported by 1 or 2 Overwatch class jumpships.  The Overwatch is actually quite expensive by TCN standards, and yet still much cheaper than than mounting drop collars directly on warships.  In addition, the mobile HPG was shifted over to the Overwatch jumpship to reduce costs compared to a warship placement.  Although this separation of dropships and HPG from the warship is undesirable, the jumpship approach has 3 advantages.
  • The Overwatch will generally jump into a contested system beyond range of sensors, implying that it will not take a combat role.  In this situation, the expensive and invaluable HPG will be kept out of the line of fire.
  • The Overwatch is so much cheaper than warship drop collars that it can support 4 collars for the price 2 and their associated dropships for a similar price.  This made the army happy due to the additional transport provided and means that overwhelming aerospace fighter swarms are more easily achieved.
  • Since jumpships are unregulated, they can be built as long as is desirable. 

Class/Model/Name: Overwatch
Ship Cost: $3,438,957,250.00
Magazine Cost: $0.00
BV2: 4,649

K-F Drive System: Standard with L-F Battery
Power Plant: Station-Keeping Drive
Safe Thrust:
Maximum Thrust: 0
Armor Type: Standard
Armament:
36 AMS (IS)
6 Laser Large ER (IS)

Class/Model/Name: Overwatch

Drive: 3,600.00
Thrust
Safe:
Maximum: 0
Controls: 750.00
K-F Hyperdrive: Standard with L-F Battery (6 Integrity) 288,000.00
Jump Sail: (5 Integrity) 70.00
Structural Integrity: 1 2,000.00
Total Heat Sinks: 129(258) Double 0.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps: 1100 points 449.00
Fire Control Computers: 0.00
Armor: 166 pts Lamellor Ferro-Carbide 166.00
Fore: 27
Fore-Left/Right: 28/28
Aft-Left/Right: 28/28
Aft: 27

Dropship Capacity: 4 4,000.00
Grav Decks:
Medium: 4 400.00
Escape Pods: 0.00
Life Boats: 6 42.00

Crew And Passengers:
6 Officers in 1st Class Quarters 60.00
15 Crew in 2nd Class Quarters 105.00
11 Gunners and Others in 2nd Class Quarters 77.00
6 Bay Personnel 0.00
6 2nd Class Passengers 42.00

6 AMS (IS) Nose 6 18 (1.8-C) PDS 3.00
6 AMS (IS) FL 6 18 (1.8-C) 3.00
6 AMS (IS) FR 6 18 (1.8-C) 3.00
6 AMS (IS) AL 6 18 (1.8-C) 3.00
6 AMS (IS) AR 6 18 (1.8-C) 3.00
6 AMS (IS) Aft 6 18 (1.8-C) 3.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) Nose 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) FL 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) FR 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) AL 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) AR 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00
1 Laser Large ER (IS) Aft 12 8 (0.8-C) 5.00

Ammo Rounds Mass
AMS (IS) Ammo 540 45.00

Equipment Mass
Mobile HPG 50.00

Edit: Major rewrite to minimize costs.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2019, 15:49:37 »
Lagrange, why do you have artillery on your warship??? The Anvil.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2019, 16:11:42 »
Lagrange, why do you have artillery on your warship??? The Anvil.
The Long Tom Cannons are experimental tech direct fire AE weapons (see here).    In space, they are large damage weapons (good for fire control tonnage minimization) that deal double damage against ASF with reflective armor.

W.r.t. stats the improved heavy gauss is a just-plain-better weapon, but I didn't want a design vulnerable to gauss weapon explosions.

DarthMetool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2019, 09:23:39 »
Just for clarification, a carrier warship is defined only by designation and not a limitation on any physical characteristic?  Which means someone can build a battleship and call it a carrier?

Also, primitive jumpships under 100 kilotons are unregulated?

EDIT: Finally, would you classify armed, non-transport dropshuttles in the same class as combat dropships?
« Last Edit: 28 November 2019, 09:30:50 by DarthMetool »
"John Hancock.  Wait, you want MY signature?"
The TRB Military Catalog
GENERATION 45: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #22 on: 28 November 2019, 09:30:02 »
*snip*
Yep!  >:D

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 29 November 2019, 15:16:15 »
Just for clarification, a carrier warship is defined only by designation and not a limitation on any physical characteristic?  Which means someone can build a battleship and call it a carrier?

Carrier is a designation in additional to its size category, so a battleship sized carrier would count towards both your limits on carriers and battleships.

Correct. The intent was to allow the Capellans and Comstar* the ability to field a jump capable fleet for asset protection and showing the flag without actually operating warships, and thus make them feel less threatened and therefore less likely to cheat on the treaty.

*both are prohibited warships. Comstar because it is a "non-government" entity, and the Capellans because of that time Kali Liao killed the Capellan government and started lashing out at her neighbors with nerve gas and Thugees.

EDIT: Finally, would you classify armed, non-transport dropshuttles in the same class as combat dropships?

They would be classified as combat dropships, yes.

DarthMetool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 03 December 2019, 20:08:41 »
Last question, and pertinent to my previous post (lookie here, me talkin' all fancy-like.)

Do dropshuttle bays count as docking collars according to the treaty limits?  If not, I'm about to work on an interesting couple ship designs.
"John Hancock.  Wait, you want MY signature?"
The TRB Military Catalog
GENERATION 45: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #25 on: 04 December 2019, 22:56:25 »
I wonder if my Scapha I and II's along with the Trojan II and Kuati I had in the same Warship Arms Race for Marian Hegemony would work?

After all they were all 100k warships, except that 1 Kuati, eh Smegish?  ;)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Atarlost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #26 on: 08 December 2019, 14:17:18 »
I have an interpretation of old SLDF design principles with a new emphasis on anti-missile and anti-fighter defense in fitting with the treaty limits.  The warship pricing is probably off.  I updated MML partway through writing the post because it wouldn't export dropships and there was something about warship pricing in the changelog.  I'm not going to go back through and re-export all the warships just for a price bug.

In the battleship slot coming in at a modest 1.2 million tons (you always report these sorts of things with empty cargo holds, though it does just squeak under the limit if someone insists on using its fully loaded jump signature weight) is the Warspite class.  If I did my math right it has enough point defense to reliably stop all capital missiles other than the Kraken and mounts large arrays of silver bullet gauss rifles for anti-fighter defense.  The energy armament reaches out to extreme range and is capable of bracket fire assuming Comstar had the original fire control software and didn't delete it off the ex-SLDF ships before handing them over.  And if not, eh it's not like they're wasting ammo.  And there are big paired NAC mounts for when someone inevitably gets in close.  It's not fast enough to dictate engagement ranges after all.  It can cruise at 1g and that's good enough.
Warspite Battleship
Mass: 1,500,000 tons
Mass: 1,500,000
Battle Value: 140,002
Tech Rating/Availability: F/X-X-F-F
Cost: 30,979,676,000 C-bills

Fuel: 6,000 tons (15,000)
Safe Thrust: 2
Maximum Thrust: 3
Sail Integrity: 7
KF Drive Integrity: 30
Heat Sinks: 4565 (9130)
Structural Integrity: 90

Armor
    Nose: 459
    Fore Sides: 459/459
    Aft Sides: 459/459
    Aft: 459

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 2:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 3:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 4:  Small Craft (5)         1 Door   
    Bay 5:  Cargo (315706.0 tons)   1 Door   

Ammunition:
    2,016 rounds of Anti-Missile System [IS] ammunition (4 tons),
    2,048 rounds of Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle ammunition (4 tons),
    80 rounds of NAC/35 ammunition (4 tons)

Dropship Capacity: 6
Grav Decks: 2 (100 m, 100 m)
Life Boats: 104
Crew:  75 officers, 280 enlisted/non-rated, 147 gunners, 145 bay personnel, 20 BA marines

1 Mobile Hyperpulse Generators (Mobile HPG)
    1 Naval Comm-Scanner Suite (Large)
2,700 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Weapons:                                         Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                   Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
Nose (30 Heat)
14 Anti-Missile System                       14   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
    Anti-Missile System Ammo [IS] (6048 shots)
16 Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle                 16   14(144) 14(144) 14(144)   0(0)   LBX AC     
    Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle Ammo (4096 shots)
FRS/FLS (2,225 Heat)
4 Naval PPC (Heavy)                          900  60(600) 60(600) 60(600) 60(600)  Capital PPC
2 Naval Autocannon (NAC/35)                  240  70(700) 70(700)  0(0)     0(0)   Capital AC 
    NAC/35 Ammo (20 shots)
7 Naval Laser 55                             1085 70(700) 70(700) 70(700) 70(700)  Capital Laser
    7 Naval Laser 45
RBS/LBS (30 Heat)
14 Anti-Missile System                       14   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
16 Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle                 16   14(144) 14(144) 14(144)   0(0)   LBX AC     
ARS/ALS (2,225 Heat)
4 Naval PPC (Heavy)                          900  60(600) 60(600) 60(600) 60(600)  Capital PPC
2 Naval Autocannon (NAC/35)                  240  70(700) 70(700)  0(0)     0(0)   Capital AC 
    NAC/35 Ammo (20 shots)
7 Naval Laser 55                             1085 70(700) 70(700) 70(700) 70(700)  Capital Laser
    7 Naval Laser 45
Aft (30 Heat)

At 730 kilotons (again, you report these things dry) the Vanguard is not pushing the mass limits even fully loaded.  This is so it can achieve a sprightly 3g max thrust using the same transit drive as the Warspite.  You're going to see that transit drive again later.  The anti-missile defense is the same as Warspite's, but the anti-fighter suite is a more modest mix of ERLL and LB-5X autocannons.  It has big extreme range capital laser bays for offense and mounts eight Kraken-T launchers because there's not a lot of point in smaller capital missiles. 
Vanguard Cruiser
Mass: 750,000 tons
Mass: 750,000
Battle Value: 108,213
Cost: 22,400,418,000 C-bills

Safe Thrust: 4
Maximum Thrust: 6
Sail Integrity: 5
KF Drive Integrity: 16
Heat Sinks: 1313 (2626)
Structural Integrity: 150

Armor
    Nose: 390
    Fore Sides: 390/390
    Aft Sides: 390/390
    Aft: 390

Cargo
    Bay 3:  Cargo (20050.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
    3,072 rounds of Anti-Missile System [IS] ammunition (4 tons),
    80 rounds of Kraken (Tele-Operated) ammunition (400 tons),
    800 rounds of LB 5-X Cluster ammunition (4 tons)

Dropship Capacity: 4
Grav Decks: 2 (50 m, 50 m)
Life Boats: 62
Crew:  47 officers, 158 enlisted/non-rated, 74 gunners, 80 bay personnel, 12 BA marines

2,250 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Weapons:                                        Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                  Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
Nose (86 Heat)
14 Anti-Missile System                      14   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
    Anti-Missile System Ammo [IS] (9216 shots)
6 ER Large Laser                            72   5(48)   5(48)   5(48)     0(0)   Laser       
FRS/FLS (1,189 Heat)
7 Naval Laser 55                            1085 70(700) 70(700) 70(700) 70(700)  Capital Laser
    7 Naval Laser 45
2 Tele-operated Missile (Kraken T)          100  20(200) 20(200) 20(200) 20(200)  Tele-Operated Capital Missile
    Kraken (Tele-Operated) Ammo (20 shots)
4 LB 5-X AC                                  4   2(20)   2(20)   2(20)     0(0)   LBX AC     
    LB 5-X Cluster Ammo (4000 shots)
RBS/LBS (86 Heat)
14 Anti-Missile System                      14   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
6 ER Large Laser                            72   5(48)   5(48)   5(48)     0(0)   Laser       
ARS/ALS (1,189 Heat)
7 Naval Laser 55                            1085 70(700) 70(700) 70(700) 70(700)  Capital Laser
    7 Naval Laser 45
2 Tele-operated Missile (Kraken T)          100  20(200) 20(200) 20(200) 20(200)  Tele-Operated Capital Missile
4 LB 5-X AC                                  4   2(20)   2(20)   2(20)     0(0)   LBX AC     
    LB 5-X Cluster Ammo (4000 shots)
Aft (86 Heat)

The first of four smaller warships is the Speedy class destroyer.  At a bit over 480 kilotons (just pushing the weight limit full) it provides anti-fighter and anti-dropship escort for larger vessels and lacks docking collars to bring the price down.  It has modest naval laser bays fore and aft and the speed to dictate engagement range against most dropships and all previous warships save the Mako class.  Broadside subcapital laser bays and light gauss bays provide extreme (in fighter scale) range anti-fighter defense with ERPPCs and silver bullet gausses for long and shorter ranges.  The SCL and ERPPC bays will also erase dropships with the ERPPCs equipped with capacitors because it's easier to get a treaty compliant dropship to survive a 1500 point bay than a 1000 point bay. 
Speedy Destroyer
Mass: 500,000 tons
Mass: 500,000
Battle Value: 63,418
Cost: 9,402,194,000 C-bills

Safe Thrust: 6
Maximum Thrust: 9
Sail Integrity: 4
KF Drive Integrity: 12
Heat Sinks: 645 (1290)
Structural Integrity: 87

Armor
    Nose: 169
    Fore Sides: 151/151
    Aft Sides: 151/151
    Aft: 151

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Small Craft (10)        1 Door   
    Bay 2:  Cargo (19405.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
    1,280 rounds of Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle ammunition (4 tons),
    1,280 rounds of Light Gauss Rifle ammunition (4 tons),
    20 rounds of Kraken (Tele-Operated) ammunition (100 tons),
    20 rounds of Screen Launcher ammunition (10 tons)

Dropship Capacity: 0
Life Boats: 43
Crew:  32 officers, 123 enlisted/non-rated, 36 gunners, 50 bay personnel, 16 BA marines

870 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Arc (Heat)                                   Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV      ERV    Class       
Nose (478 Heat)
14 Laser AMS                                 98   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
2 Tele-operated Missile (Kraken T)           100  20(200) 20(200) 20(200) 20(200)  Tele-Operated Capital Missile
4 Naval Laser 45                             280  18(180) 18(180) 18(180) 18(180)  Capital Laser
FRS/FLS (160 Heat)
5 Light Gauss Rifle                           5   4(40)   4(40)   4(40)    4(40)   AC         
    Light Gauss Rifle Ammo (5120 shots)
5 Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle                   5   5(45)   5(45)   5(45)     0(0)   LBX AC     
    Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle Ammo (2560 shots)
10 ER PPC+PPC Capacitor                      150  10(100) 10(100) 10(100)   0(0)   PPC         
RBS/LBS (226 Heat)
14 Laser AMS                                 98   4(42)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   AMS         
4 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/3)                  128  12(120) 12(120)  0(0)     0(0)   Sub-Capital Laser
ARS/ALS (160 Heat)
5 Light Gauss Rifle                           5   4(40)   4(40)   4(40)    4(40)   AC         
    Light Gauss Rifle Ammo (5120 shots)
5 Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle                   5   5(45)   5(45)   5(45)     0(0)   LBX AC     
    Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle Ammo (2560 shots)
10 ER PPC+PPC Capacitor                      150  10(100) 10(100) 10(100)   0(0)   PPC         
Aft (398 Heat)
4 Naval Laser 45                             280  18(180) 18(180) 18(180) 18(180)  Capital Laser
2 Screen Launcher                            20   3(30)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   Screen Launcher
    Screen Launcher Ammo (20 shots)

The Resolute class frigate is another 48 kiloton ship (really 50 kt, but no one reports these things honestly).  It's basically a lower budget Vanguard with similar capital laser bays.  It's slower and has a different anti-fighter layout with more emphasis on range with SCL-1s able to start engaging at long capital range and light gausses starting at extreme fighter. 
Resolute Frigate
Battle Value: 74,242
Cost: 16,209,106,000 C-bills

Heat Sinks: 1253 (2506)

Armor
    Nose: 265
    Fore Sides: 265/265
    Aft Sides: 265/265
    Aft: 265

Cargo
    Bay 2:  Cargo (25532.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
    1,152 rounds of Light Gauss Rifle ammunition (4 tons)

Dropship Capacity: 2
Life Boats: 56
Crew:  48 officers, 117 enlisted/non-rated, 120 gunners, 40 bay personnel, 12 BA marines

1,500 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Nose (20 Heat)
6 Light Gauss Rifle                          6   5(48)   5(48)   5(48)    5(48)   AC         
    Light Gauss Rifle Ammo (4608 shots)
FRS/FLS (1,229 Heat)
    7 Naval Laser 45
6 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/1)                 144  6(60)   6(60)   6(60)     0(0)   Sub-Capital Laser
RBS/LBS (20 Heat)
6 Light Gauss Rifle                          6   5(48)   5(48)   5(48)    5(48)   AC         
ARS/ALS (1,229 Heat)
    7 Naval Laser 45
6 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/1)                 144  6(60)   6(60)   6(60)     0(0)   Sub-Capital Laser
Aft (20 Heat)

Built on the same frame as the Resolute is the Glorious class carrier.  Gone are the mixed capital laser bays in favor of much larger subcapital bays and fighters.  And more than twice as much cargo and substantially larger fuel reserves to feed those fighters.  It also carries a double roster of pilots so they can rest during sustained flight ops. 
Glorious Carrier
Battle Value: 49,178
Cost: 16,125,408,000 C-bills

Fuel: 10,000 tons (25,000)
Heat Sinks: 1253 (2506)

Armor
    Nose: 265
    Fore Sides: 265/265
    Aft Sides: 265/265
    Aft: 265

Cargo
    Bay 3:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 4:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 5:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 6:  Fighter (20)            1 Door   
    Bay 7:  Cargo (52924.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
    1,152 rounds of Light Gauss Rifle ammunition (4 tons)

Life Boats: 108
Crew:  46 officers, 109 enlisted/non-rated, 120 gunners, 240 bay personnel, 120 passengers, 12 BA marines

1,500 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Nose (20 Heat)
FRS/FLS (480 Heat)
20 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/1)                480  20(200) 20(200) 20(200)   0(0)   Sub-Capital Laser
RBS/LBS (20 Heat)
ARS/ALS (480 Heat)
20 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/1)                480  20(200) 20(200) 20(200)   0(0)   Sub-Capital Laser
Aft (20 Heat)

Last among the warships at 240 kilotons (really 250) is the Squirrel class corvette (yes, that's a real Royal Navy ship name).  This is a specialty blockade ship.  Its job is to sit in orbit around whatever moon produces the closest pirate point to a rebellious planet or the L1 point if there's no moon and intercept anyone trying to land or take off.  It can run down any transport dropship and force it to surrender or destroy it with its forward naval laser bay.  If it is desirable to permit humanitarian supplies to pass the blockade it has five squads of BA and a platoon of conventional marines to conduct inspections.  In the event an actual military force attempts to break the blockade it can outrun any warship except the Speedy class and make for a jump point, and it can try to deter fast dropships with its aft capital laser array.  There isn't much armor, but it's job when confronted with anything that can seriously fight is to run away while reporting the contact with its onboard HPG. 
Squirrel Corvette
Mass: 250,000 tons
Mass: 250,000
Battle Value: 25,701
Cost: 14,805,248,000 C-bills

KF Drive Integrity: 7
Heat Sinks: 469
Structural Integrity: 48

Armor
    Nose: 45
    Fore Sides: 45/45
    Aft Sides: 45/45
    Aft: 45

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Small Craft (5)         1 Door   
    Bay 2:  Fighter (6)             1 Door   
    Bay 3:  Cargo (10030.0 tons)    1 Door   

Ammunition:
    3,072 rounds of Anti-Missile System [IS] ammunition (256 tons),
    80 rounds of Screen Launcher ammunition (800 tons)

Life Boats: 34
Crew:  23 officers, 115 enlisted/non-rated, 30 gunners, 37 bay personnel, 28 marines, 20 BA marines

240 tons of lamellor ferro-carbide armor.

Nose (294 Heat)
4 Naval Laser 45                            280  18(180) 18(180) 18(180) 18(180)  Capital Laser
FRS/FLS (240 Heat)
20 ER Large Laser                           240  16(160) 16(160) 16(160)   0(0)   Laser       
RBS/LBS (54 Heat)
4 Screen Launcher                           40   6(60)    0(0)    0(0)     0(0)   Screen Launcher
ARS/ALS (240 Heat)
20 ER Large Laser                           240  16(160) 16(160) 16(160)   0(0)   Laser       
Aft (294 Heat)
4 Naval Laser 45                            280  18(180) 18(180) 18(180) 18(180)  Capital Laser

In the dropship department filling the role of the old Titan is the Hecatoncheir.  It doesn't have quite as generous a cargo hold, but it's still light years better than the Vengeance in its ability to sustain fighters.  And it's faster and better armed. 
Hecatoncheir PWS
Type: Military Aerodyne
Mass: 15,000 tons
Mass: 15,000
Battle Value: 9,628
Tech Rating/Availability: E/X-X-F-E
Cost: 2,559,470,400 C-bills

Fuel: 600 tons (18,000)
Heat Sinks: 292 (584)
Structural Integrity: 16

Armor
    Nose: 284
    Sides: 239/239
    Aft: 194

Cargo
    Bay 2:  Cargo (2739.0 tons)     1 Door   

Ammunition:
None

Life Boats: 10
Crew:  4 officers, 3 enlisted/non-rated, 11 gunners, 40 bay personnel

Notes: Mounts 71 tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor.

Weapons:                         Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                   Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV     ERV   Class       
Nose (224 Heat)
4 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/3)  128  12(120) 12(120)  0(0)    0(0)  Sub-Capital Laser
8 ER Large Laser             96   6(64)   6(64)   6(64)    0(0)  Laser       
RW/LW (57 Heat)
10 ER Medium Laser           50   5(50)   5(50)    0(0)    0(0)  Laser       
1 Laser AMS                   7    0(3)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
RW/LW Aft (7 Heat)
1 Laser AMS                   7    0(3)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
Aft (96 Heat)
8 ER Large Laser             96   6(64)   6(64)   6(64)    0(0)  Laser       

The Shieldbearer is a new and much upscaled take on the old SLDF Pentagon.  Firepower is more concentrated forwards in the form of a 27 point subcapital laser bay in the nose with 15 point Piranha bays flanking it.  The aft half is protected solely by laser AMS and screen launchers, which it has on all sides. 
Shieldbearer PWS
Mass: 15,000 tons
Mass: 15,000
Battle Value: 31,922
Cost: 656,712,000 C-bills

Fuel: 500 tons (15,000)
Safe Thrust: 7
Maximum Thrust: 11
Heat Sinks: 215 (430)
Structural Integrity: 20

Armor
    Nose: 394
    Sides: 333/333
    Aft: 269

Cargo
    Bay 1:  Small Craft (2)         1 Door   
    Bay 2:  Cargo (1082.0 tons)     1 Door   

Ammunition:
    60 rounds of Screen Launcher ammunition (600 tons),
    100 rounds of Piranha ammunition (1,000 tons)

Life Boats: 6
Crew:  6 officers, 26 gunners, 10 bay personnel

Notes: Mounts 71 tons of heavy ferro-aluminum armor.

Weapons:                                      Capital Attack Values (Standard)
Arc (Heat)                                Heat  SRV     MRV     LRV     ERV   Class       
Nose (312 Heat)
2 Laser AMS                               14    1(6)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
1 Screen Launcher                         10   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  Screen Launcher
    Screen Launcher Ammo (10 shots)
9 Sub-Capital Laser (SCL/3)               288  27(270) 27(270)  0(0)    0(0)  Sub-Capital Laser
RS/LS Fwd (69 Heat)
2 Laser AMS                               14    1(6)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  AMS         
1 Screen Launcher                         10   2(15)    0(0)    0(0)    0(0)  Screen Launcher
5 Sub-Capital Missile Launcher (Piranha)  45   15(150) 15(150) 15(150)  0(0)  Sub-Capital Missile
    Piranha Ammo (50 shots)
RS/LS Aft (24 Heat)
Aft (24 Heat)

I'm not sure exactly what the ships inherited from Comstar are or which of them and the Covenant need to be altered or deactivated to comply with the treaty and so don't have refit proposals. 
First production should be the 10 Gloriouses.  I'm pretty sure the SLDF had no carriers and I expect them to be the most effective of the designs using the 90kt transit drive and it's better to start small.  These should be followed by 2 Speedys for every legacy cruiser or battleship to provide them with some defensive support and make sure that we can build the 180kt transit drive without messing up a cruise or battleship.  I would then alternate Squirrels, Resolutes, and Vanguards until I have 8 Squirrels and filled the cruiser quota.  That gives a force that while lacking battleships comfortably exceeds the single major power naval limit.  At that point the legacy ships come in for refit to get AMS and anti-fighter guns and LF batteries and mobile HPGs put in and capital missiles removed or replaced with Krakens.  At this point I'd start work on filling the battleship quota with Warspites and reassigning Speedys that formerly escorted the legacy cruisers to them and then building more Speedys until I have 40.  If the SLDF exclusive of Squirrels has not surpassed 60 million tons (ie. a two power standard) (also not counting cargo because in character I'm sure everyone else will cheat at least that much) Resolutes are to be built until it does and then probably Squirrels to the 200 ship quota because blockades are a sanction that can actually be used while if the SLDF navy is ever actually involved in a real shooting war with more than one of the major member states things have probably already degenerated enough that holding things together is a doomed exercise. 

Fyrwulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 08 December 2019, 19:23:06 »
The obvious cheat to me is to build out to the limitations within the constraints of available treaty compliant designs and then build a god awful number of unarmed jumpships with enough collars that the sheer number of deployable dropships is a serious threat to a real warship fleet.
"To Victor go the spoils"
-Precenter Atreus

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 08 December 2019, 23:54:46 »
I updated MML partway through writing the post because it wouldn't export dropships and there was something about warship pricing in the changelog. 
I noticed something buggy in MML warship pricing as well---hence using the spreadsheet.

Design-wise, do you need 12 or 14 AMS to take out a Killer Whale?  (Basically: how does the rounding work?)  Also, it's my understanding that a flight of 2 KWs would end up with a +4 penalty to hit rather than destruction. 

Anyways, I'm glad to see your designs---they are giving me several ideas.

If smegish has a chance to detail designs, that would be interesting as well.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 09 December 2019, 00:33:41 »
AMS rounds normally, so 12 is sufficient to take out a killer whale.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer this question when it was first raised, but dropshuttle bays are completely unmentioned in the treaty, so there is effectively no limit (beyond construction rules of course).