Author Topic: Whatever Happened to the Stackpole HBS Novella?  (Read 3828 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Whatever Happened to the Stackpole HBS Novella?
« on: 13 October 2018, 08:57:14 »
One of the stretch goals was a four part novella by Michael Stackpole.  We've seen Heir Apparent, Apparent Catastrophe, and Catastrophe Unlimited, but what became of part 4 ("Unlimited X")?  Part 3 was posted in February, but none of the Kickstarter updates have mentioned it since then, and (just checking), it's not listed in the digital downloads. 

Is this going to join Shadows of Faith in the "abandoned on a cliffhanger" pile?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Whatever Happened to the Stackpole HBS Novella?
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2018, 19:37:40 »
I'm curious about this as well, since; having given up on the game after the beta; the add-ons are all I care about now.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2018, 05:52:47 »
This question had been asked a few times on the Paradox forums, I remember Mitch replying on there/twitter that HBS were trying to get in contact with him, followed a few months later by Mitch saying that Stackpole had been in touch and had been having understandably important family/personal issues.

Last thing I remember seeing was they expected the final book to be completed but no idea of ETA.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2019, 14:08:05 »
Heavy hit. Well, family does come first. It's too bad.
Hopefully it can be made.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2019, 17:22:13 »
a few days late to the party.. But it was released a few days ago.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2019, 11:51:05 »
a few days late to the party.. But it was released a few days ago.

Funny, i didn't get my email on that one.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman