Author Topic: Post-Jihad Ceti Hussars.  (Read 2964 times)

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
Post-Jihad Ceti Hussars.
« on: 28 February 2011, 09:04:27 »
I note that in the AFFS Field Report the 1st Ceti Hussars RCT is listed as 75% strong and a mixed Brigade. So I'm assuming its still got its full three combat commands, based around roughly a regiment of battlemechs. With the intent being of breaking of the reforming 2nd and 3rd Ceti Hussars with a single "combat regiment". Yet a combat command for a Ceti Hussars RCT is roughly 3 regiments.

So does that mean that the "light" Hussar formations will be a combat command of 3 regiments of mixed forces... Or 1 regiment of mixed forces? Which means that the 1st is in fact only at 75% of 3 regiments, not 75% of roughly 9...

I do note the 4th Ceti Hussars are listed as one regiment, but is a RCT, so I take it a full battlemech regiment with supporting forces?

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Post-Jihad Ceti Hussars.
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2011, 01:05:25 »
As of the writing of the Field Report, it was New Avalon's intention to rebuild the 2nd and 3rd to match their 3062 formations. Whether that happens is something for a future product to tell.

The 4th using RCT is a typo. The 4th is structured like a normal Ceti command, but each command is named after and populated with members of the three original LCG units.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2011, 05:06:34 »
So its the intention that the Ceti Hussars rebuild into 4 full RCT rather than the newer LCT...  Given that the 4th's "parentage" 3 regiments of battlemechs and supporting forces, I'd assume they wont expand to their previous incarnations extent. Not unless their going to spawn more Hussar commands...

Thanks welshman!

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2011, 12:47:22 »
So its the intention that the Ceti Hussars rebuild into 4 full RCT rather than the newer LCT...  Given that the 4th's "parentage" 3 regiments of battlemechs and supporting forces, I'd assume they wont expand to their previous incarnations extent. Not unless their going to spawn more Hussar commands...

Thanks welshman!

That is the in universe intent. Only time (and Herb) will tell if the Federated Suns makes good on that intent.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2011, 13:29:06 »
Thanks again welshman! We can only hope!!!  :P