Author Topic: Battle for Hsien in 3078-3079  (Read 2762 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Battle for Hsien in 3078-3079
« on: 23 March 2011, 21:17:59 »
Hello there!

I was reading Field Report: CCAF (p. 18, 19), it shows the Battle of Hsien was a three way battle between Stone' Coalitions Group II, Capellans and Word's Hsien Protectorate militia/Hsien's Hotheads.

I realize that the Field Report: CCAF not suppose to be exact pureview information.  However, in Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p.  78-79 - New Year, New Wave has Capellans temporary teaming up with Coalition/Group II only to turn on them later.  If JHS:Terra is correct, the Capellan were forced off planet.  The FR: CCAF shows on the map of Confederation as being still occupied by 4th MAC and 4th Tau Ceti Rangers.  Is the Field Report wrong? 

None of the entries for Capellan units in the report mentions them leaving the planet, but neither does it mention being forced off by the coalition forces.  FR: FWLM does not mention 12th Atreus Dragoons being forced off planet either or any of the other coalition forces with them from what i've read up so far.

Thank You!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: Battle for Hsien in 3078-3079
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2011, 01:09:37 »
Jihad HotSpots: Terra is incorrect.
The Capellans were not forced off the planet. They are maintaining an uneasy truce against the Coalition forces there.

The 12th Atrean Dragoons was rotated off the planet between then and august 3079.

WIth regards,
Øystein

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Battle for Hsien in 3078-3079
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2011, 18:41:07 »
Okay

It was confusing to me the way the article was worded, reporting that the Coalition had secured planet after running off the Capellans.  Neither FRs FWLM or CCAF, was clear what happened after battle aside CCAF having a both regiments still on planet other than the map showing them there.

Thank you  Øystein
« Last Edit: 29 March 2011, 17:13:09 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki