Author Topic: Something on the horizon  (Read 47591 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: Something on the horizon
« Reply #120 on: 29 October 2019, 23:57:21 »

The SaKhan of Clan Snow Raven looked at the somewhat fuzzy image on the Noteputer on his desk before looking up at the Watch agent stood at attention before him.

"Well...now we know what the Horses wanted those Excalibur's for and were willing to trade us for those we had in storage...how many do you believe they have obtained?"

"Around fifty SaKhan, from us and other Clans as well as reactivating the bare handful they had in their own Caches."

"Well they are only vehicle and troop carriers for the most part, they do not challenge our naval supremacy but we will keep an eye on them none the less. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it will be noted on your record."

Thoughts on the DS's looks are most welcome :)
« Last Edit: 30 October 2019, 10:35:02 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: 30 October 2019, 10:01:02 »
I'm sorry...

But Horses + Combined Arms Dropships = A whole lotta trouble
Considering Excaliburs can carry a Binary or even a Trinary of Mechs, plus a equal amount of Quadvees (as Vehicles) easily enough. Granted the Mechs can't be hot dropped, but I would imagine a discrete screening force can...

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #122 on: 30 October 2019, 10:32:36 »
Ahh but here the Raven's are looking at the small picture, only the one that bothers them. Yes they are bad if they can land. Against the Raven's they'd not be allowed to land as the two Clans are very different in terms of fighting strength. The Raven's main focus is WarShips and aerospace assets. The Horses have among the smalllest of navies and don't have much of an aerospace arm. Could be trouble for other Clans, but not the Ravens. They hope :p

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #123 on: 30 October 2019, 17:43:42 »

Nice solid DS, are those square doors under the nose for Hull Defense?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #124 on: 05 November 2019, 20:35:03 »

The SaKhan of Clan Snow Raven looked at the somewhat fuzzy image on the Noteputer on his desk before looking up at the Watch agent stood at attention before him.

"Well...now we know what the Horses wanted those Excalibur's for and were willing to trade us for those we had in storage...how many do you believe they have obtained?"

"Around fifty SaKhan, from us and other Clans as well as reactivating the bare handful they had in their own Caches."

"Well they are only vehicle and troop carriers for the most part, they do not challenge our naval supremacy but we will keep an eye on them none the less. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, it will be noted on your record."

Thoughts on the DS's looks are most welcome :)

I love this! Way overdue for the Horses!

And I like the way you had the landing gear done too.

When will we see full stats for this thing?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

willis

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #125 on: 06 November 2019, 07:30:48 »
There will be a full technical readout posted once the final bits of finished art are complete.
Have patients my friend!
 >:D

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #126 on: 06 November 2019, 09:49:35 »
For the engineering vee I have to think of another task it shall do: Mech-backscratching.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #127 on: 06 November 2019, 15:01:31 »
There will be a full technical readout posted once the final bits of finished art are complete.
Have patients my friend!
 >:D
Properly alot sooner than us getting a canon Technical Readout.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #128 on: 06 November 2019, 15:05:20 »

Precentor, this is a BattleROM obtained from the wreckage of a Commando belonging to REDACTED that was recovered on REDACTED. The Mech was in bad shape after being hit by energy weapons but the gun camera's have proven to be most useful. REDACTED sent this via REDACTED and although the image quality was poor it does show an unknown DropShip belonging to Clan Hell's Horses deploying infantry and vehicles during a low run over REDACTED main space port in a bold direct attack that crippled the REDACTED command and control when their Commanding officer was killed.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #129 on: 06 November 2019, 15:16:27 »
Looks like the Horses got the drop on them.  :-X

Looking forward to seeing finish product, marauder!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #130 on: 06 November 2019, 15:40:20 »

Man that is a great action scene  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #131 on: 06 November 2019, 15:53:04 »

Precentor, an addendum to my latest report, this comes from Dell where the Hell's Horses clashed with Lyran forces to wrest the world from them. As you know the Horses are quite unlike the other Clans thanks to their extensive use of vehicles. Our agents have tried diplomacy as per standing orders but the Horses are very standoffish with our Adepts and seem quite uninterested in our organisation. This vehicle was seen on the streets of Cosmopolis replacing bridges that had been felled during the fighting, initial observations have it based on the same hull as the engineering vehicle.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #132 on: 06 November 2019, 19:14:45 »
This is awesome!

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #133 on: 06 November 2019, 23:28:47 »
Good news everyone! The PDF is coming along amazingly well thanks to absoultely superb work by Mr Willis here. Save some editing and the odd addition and change, its a matter of waiting for art which is coming along nicely thanks to Mr Plog's amazing efforts. And with any luck, we're looking at it being done in a matter of weeks.

To tease you a lil bit, have the Haephestus Combat Engineering Vehicle. And re the gun being too long and getting in the way, it telescopes back somewhat into the breech mechanism before rotating back and folding as a stow and go. The gun's not really there to fight things, its there to demolish obstacles with HE shells.

« Last Edit: 07 November 2019, 00:06:13 by marauder648 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #134 on: 07 November 2019, 04:18:58 »
Cool, glad to hear you (and Plog) thought of that!  :thumbsup:

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
« Reply #135 on: 07 November 2019, 11:56:59 »
a rotating folding autocannon - you guys really want to hurt me don't you?
Wouldn't a gun-mortar would have been the better option - I know there is no gun-mortar in BT.... although the Demolishers ACs clearly want to be DickeBerta GunMortars.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #136 on: 07 November 2019, 12:02:53 »
Wouldn't a gun-mortar would have been the better option - I know there is no gun-mortar in BT.... although the Demolishers ACs clearly want to be DickeBerta GunMortars.

We hurt you because we love you :D

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: 07 November 2019, 13:49:51 »

It’s okay it’s the future: they developed the Whatsit-Thingy Device to do exactly just that!

Also AWESOME!

That is all.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #138 on: 07 November 2019, 15:05:38 »
Well if the cannon's belt fed (which it is) it disengages the ammo feed, the barrel retracts slightly and then it flips back. Its not elegant (or really workable) but its how I see it working in my head :D

Retry

• Lieutenant
« Reply #139 on: 07 November 2019, 15:48:59 »
That or a howitzer.  But the howitzers are heavy and BT gun-mortars don't exist canonically.

I wrote up concepts for a bunch of mortars a while ago, including gun-mortars.  I wonder if I still have those...

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #140 on: 07 November 2019, 16:09:21 »
Nice stuff marauder648!

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #141 on: 07 November 2019, 16:36:11 »
Beautiful artwork!  How close to the artwork of the engineering vehicle from TRO 3025 is this?  I've always had difficulty picturing what it would look like in a mini.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 07 November 2019, 17:19:00 »
Beautiful artwork!  How close to the artwork of the engineering vehicle from TRO 3025 is this?  I've always had difficulty picturing what it would look like in a mini.

This is more akin to a modern combat engineering vehicle, rather than the weird CAT vehicle thing - https://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/3/36/Engineering_Vehicle.jpg?timestamp=20080208070633 of TRO-3039

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #143 on: 07 November 2019, 17:40:16 »
Wow! That is amazing. Such a magnificent art.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #144 on: 07 November 2019, 18:22:14 »
Well if the cannon's belt fed (which it is) it disengages the ammo feed, the barrel retracts slightly and then it flips back. Its not elegant (or really workable) but its how I see it working in my head :D

Actually; you appear to have the inboard-width in the turret ring to internally-stow that gun by only keeping it at a slight angle. This is pretty doable compared to how shipboard ammo strike-down systems work.

Hell; many older fieldguns had retracting and dis-mounting barrels for transport in the 30s.

A.E. Housman

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #145 on: 07 November 2019, 23:53:01 »
Wow! That is amazing. Such a magnificent art.

Thank you, Matt Plog as always knocks it out the ballpark!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #146 on: 13 November 2019, 15:59:49 »

A small arm, a medium arm and a sure as hell not small arm for use by Infantry forces within the Hell's Horses. There's fluff for 'em but they are not statted out.

By the amazing Matt Plog.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2019, 17:03:11 by marauder648 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #147 on: 13 November 2019, 16:10:06 »
Sktch new artist?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #148 on: 13 November 2019, 16:32:18 »
I guess shorthand for Sketch. And no, tis Mr Plog :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #149 on: 13 November 2019, 20:55:07 »
Is one of those supposed to be the "Heavy Auto Grenade Launcher" that theoretically fires Class D ordnance?  ???

Because really, in the clans, you need no other support weapon.  1.93 damage with a 1E crew rating (and 1/2/3 range) is about the best you can do.  Also, any BA with Armored Gloves (vice Manipulators) can use them for free...