Author Topic: Unit/Scheme of the Month: Merecenaries N-Z and Winter Camo  (Read 2665 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Happy New Year everyone! :beer:  Hope the holidays were a good time for all.  Thanks as always to all those who posted last month.  That was a great showing for the Federated Suns and a great way to end the year. :thumbsup:

Now to get things started off on the right foot.  This month we get going with Mercenary units with names starting with N through Z (don't worry about numbers in front of names).  That's going to cover a lot a schemes and some of the oldest Mercenary groups in the game (Wolf's Dragoons, I'm looking at you).  And as we are in the depths of winter here in the northern hemisphere, we'll be covering winter camo schemes as well.  So bring out your mechs, battle armor, dropships, or whatever else might be on the shelf.

For myself, I have a nearly completed company for Wolf's Dragoons Gamma Regiment.  I've got the last lance in hand, just haven't had time to paint them up yet.  I also have a Cyclops where I made my one and only attempt at a winter camo scheme.

Next month we will head back to Clan space and say hello to Clans Blood Spirit, Nova Cat, and Diamond Shark/Sea Fox.  March will Clan focused again with Clans Hell's Horses, Goliath Scorpion/Scorpio Imperio, and Ice Hellion.

Thanks to all who share.  Have a great month all and may the New Year get going on a good note for everyone!

Now, start the mini parade! :D
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Luciora

• Major
Re: Unit/Scheme of the Month: Merecenaries N-Z and Winter Camo
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2019, 16:56:40 »
Highlander Jorgesson in Alpine camo

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2019, 21:25:38 »
Here's 2 from my older models.
First is my take on Wolf's Dragoons Gamma regiment. I added the the red shoulders to be a rebel and a nod to Votoms of old.  :thumbsup:  I have since sold off this unit, sadly, but needs must and all that....
The second is a Binary of Wolf Spiders from the Dark Age. Repainted and based old clickytech mechs, for my larger scale (15mm) Battletech Alpha Strike collection. These were done for me as a gift by a good friend and talented brush jockey.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2019, 21:37:44 »
Wannamakers Widowmakers Shogun

Medusans Invader class jumpship

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2019, 23:30:41 »
Highlander Jorgesson in Alpine camo
Love that Highlander every time I see it. 8) :thumbsup:
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2019, 09:34:24 »
That is a particularly striking Highlander... Does it come in that "superhero landing" pose?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2019, 11:21:17 »
The resculpt Highlander is a multi-piece kit that allows for quite a bit of pose ability.  I did have to shorten the struts at the rear of the legs to let it bend  that extremely though. Someone much earlier on this board did one and I wanted to replicate the pose myself.

That is a particularly striking Highlander... Does it come in that "superhero landing" pose?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2019, 11:28:40 »
Cool, thanks!  :thumbsup:

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2019, 14:52:13 »
Medusans Invader class jumpship

That gardens look fantastic

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2019, 17:35:28 »
A Lance of Periphery's Star Guard

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2019, 17:37:46 »
A lone Storm's Metal Thunder Devastator.
I reposed the mini into a more walking pose.

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2019, 17:41:40 »
And some Wolf's Dragoons Alpha regiment. The unit is still WiP, still missing a Falcon, an Annihilator and an Imp.

Register