Author Topic: Battleforce packs  (Read 13043 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Battleforce packs
« on: 28 January 2011, 15:53:58 »
Is there more information on them. I remember it mentioned while back on the old forums being shown at GenCon or Origins.  These are the smaller miniatures right?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Battleforce packs
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2011, 17:49:03 »
I think they were about an inch tall.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2011, 19:18:33 »
Saw something over on the FRP games page said there was two sets, one IS and one clan coming out in April I think.  I saw one picture of them with the regular mechs behind them they looked about half the size of the regular IWM stuff.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2011, 15:12:53 »
Could you provide a link? :o

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2011, 15:20:39 »
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2011, 08:23:23 »
Thanks.  :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2011, 08:28:53 »
SO no one know for certain if these are small ones or not?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2011, 10:26:37 »
Actually, if they are battleforce size then they are small...like in the picture.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

GhostBear_TomeGurdel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Apparently, it is all my fault!
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2011, 11:40:44 »
SO no one know for certain if these are small ones or not?

These are indeed the small ones.
Craig "GhostBear_TomeGurdel" Tome (formerly azhael)

Catalyst Demo Team Agent #335
Former WizKids Battlemaster
I aim to misbehave!

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2011, 16:36:58 »
Does anyone know if IWM plans to sell the small minis as individuals or only as packs?

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2011, 16:44:17 »
Anyone with info an these smaller scale mini's please post . Are they planning on resizing the entire mini's line for use with battleforce??

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2011, 16:57:51 »
Looks like they're only selling them in the packs for now; IIRC Mike Noe said at Gencon that sales woud determine if the line continued.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2011, 20:42:03 »
I can't see these being offered individually as anything other than an Online Exclusive.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #13 on: 31 January 2011, 07:04:20 »
It would make sense that he won't sell them seperately.  With econmy being way it is, they need generate big numbers to sustain themselves.  Personally, if wasn't fact i had massive BT collection already, i'd properly opt for the smaller BF miniatures.  No more assembly, just paint.

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #14 on: 31 January 2011, 08:41:33 »
Does anyone know if IWM plans to sell the small minis as individuals or only as packs?

Only packs for the time being.  First packs will be out in the second quarter.

10-048 BattleForce Scale Starter Box 1- Inner Sphere – 3 Lances (12 mechs)                  $44.95

Includes Atlas, Barghest, Battlemaster, Dervish, Emperor, Gallowglass,

Legionnaire, Mad Cat MK II, Nexus II, Rifleman, Starslayer, Wolfhound

10-049 BattleForce Scale Starter Box 2 - Clan – 2 Stars  (10 mechs)                               $39.95

Includes Hellion Prime, Vixen, Cougar, jenner IIC, Fenris,

Grendel, Shadowcat, Nove Cat, Mad Cat, Kodiak

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: 31 January 2011, 09:59:46 »
Is there plans to make more of these things?  I think if they sold them in lance packs, it would properly less cost issue.   $44 dollars is bit much to swallow.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #16 on: 31 January 2011, 10:21:16 »
As stated above, it will depend upon how well these sell.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #17 on: 31 January 2011, 10:47:58 »
I intend to pick up the IS company pack anyway.  It's just a question of whether I get them from IWM, or wait and see if Ral Partha do them.

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 01 February 2011, 11:17:58 »
I hope these will be successful.  I have a couple hundred mechs from 1984 on, but I would trade them all for a smaller scale in a heartbeat. 
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #19 on: 01 February 2011, 11:20:55 »
I hope these will be successful.  I have a couple hundred mechs from 1984 on, but I would trade them all for a smaller scale in a heartbeat.

you know, I am with you on that.  with a few exceptions I think I would downsize my entire collection.  Step 1?  giving my Word of Blake Division to Herb.
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2011, 11:24:35 »
I hope they are, but i keep thinking 44 and 39 look like too big of numbers for alot folks.

I'd think they'd be more successful in lance size stuff.

wemic9

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Terrain Monkey
    • Battletech Bastion
« Reply #21 on: 03 February 2011, 12:39:11 »
I got a chance to paint the Nexus minimech a while back and they paint up pretty nice. Sorry for the pic quality but I just snapped these real quick and I don't have the mini anymore to take another.
You can definitely see the size differance between the Nexus and the Crusader. The Nexus only comes up to the Crusader's knees, even with the small scale the detail is really nice.
When I painted up the Nexus mini I had also painted up a 'normal' sized Nexus and I honestly enoyed painting the smaller version better. I wish I wold've snapped a pic of the two different sized Nexus mechs together but I didn't and I don't have the mechs anymore so....
« Last Edit: 03 February 2011, 12:52:16 by wemic9 »
Repeat After Me
Bringing reality into Battletech voids the warranty
Happiness is a mushroom Cloud
I'm so anxious I feel like a hyperactive weasel on crack

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 03 February 2011, 18:46:23 »
Holly crap that tiny!  Is it a challenge to paint that tiny thing?

wemic9

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Terrain Monkey
    • Battletech Bastion
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2011, 20:03:49 »
Holly crap that tiny!  Is it a challenge to paint that tiny thing?

It not hard at all to paint a mech that size.
Repeat After Me
Bringing reality into Battletech voids the warranty
Happiness is a mushroom Cloud
I'm so anxious I feel like a hyperactive weasel on crack

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #24 on: 08 February 2011, 15:10:15 »
painting that small is actually a good deal easier because mistakes are more forgiving when washes are used. :)

I am so excited about these! My dream of a Battletech themed chess board is finally coming true!  ;D

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

sci teacher

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: 12 February 2011, 15:53:46 »
They look good, however, I think lance packs will be the way to go.  They'd only be about $15 as opposed to $45, which would seem much more palatable.

Cergorach

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: 12 February 2011, 17:12:24 »
They look good, however, I think lance packs will be the way to go.  They'd only be about $15 as opposed to $45, which would seem much more palatable.

That would probably mean to many product codes, folks still complaining about having to buy lance pack x, to get mech y. They are priced at what a Lance in 1/285 would probably cost, I think that is decent enough. IWM is probably drowning in the amount of different BT product codes. If they could get away with it, they would probably prefer to lance packs only.

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #27 on: 12 February 2011, 17:20:02 »
I've seen all of them up close.  The Nexus is the smallest of the bunch, so keep that in mind when looking at Wemic's pic.  That Nexus is about the size of a Golem battle armor, but the others vary from that of the largest BA all the way up to slightly more than ProtoMech-sized.  Most of them come up to about the waist of that Crusader.  There seems to have been an effort to make them in scale with each other.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2011, 17:34:32 »
Looking at the price I have to break it down into price per mini. We are looking at under $4 per mini. Posibility of Lance packs at $20 or less...   [drool]

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2011, 21:43:16 »
Very cool. I'll add these to my mental shopping list. I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd love seeing the entire line in this smaller scale.

Register