Author Topic: Phoenix, AZ - Campaign 2018  (Read 22081 times)

csimian

• Corporal
Re: Phoenix, AZ - Campaign 2018
« Reply #90 on: 01 March 2018, 17:07:01 »
I never played in league style before so I defer to your expertise in how to make things enjoyable for everyone. Maybe have different force construction rules for each scenario and possibly different for defense vs offense on occasion.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #91 on: 01 March 2018, 17:09:19 »
That would be a good idea.

What I have to avoid is having players realize they have zero chance to win because of their force construction. "Do better next time" is OK for an online game that takes 15 minutes; for a once-a-month tabletop game requiring driving and several hours of play, everyone should have fun, and the chance to win should be affected more by play on the field than by one's ability to craft a force (but good force designers should still have an advantage).

csimian

• Corporal
« Reply #92 on: 01 March 2018, 17:40:11 »
I think you mentioned at one point maybe having the more experienced able to do less BV for a larger reward. That way the less experienced could use all their BV and be a little easier while the more experienced make it more challenging on themselves.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #93 on: 01 March 2018, 20:08:04 »
Maybe have different force construction rules for each scenario and possibly different for defense vs offense on occasion.

That would be a good idea.

That's what I've been suggesting.

The BV & the Unit count is set by Joel for each mission & varies from month to month.

BV could vary from 1500 Recon Missions to 9K full out assaults
Unit count could vary from 4-6 based on mission type as well.

I really don't like the idea of FSM as well, if you don't like Math with BV using simple addition, then adding in multiplying & dividing & fractions/ratios is going to be FFAARR worse. 
Toss in the fact that FSM was designed to cure 1 single problem type but basically did it very badly & created other problems when using it.
I see why it was removed from mandatory play.

What is worse, 2 infantry as initiative sinks, or, giving the Lance Player 50% more BV when he's against the Level-II player.
I know which one I'm choosing!
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: 02 March 2018, 10:11:52 »
FSM goes too far, but if we allow extra units we'll need to do something. As far as math goes, it looks like I can do it all with macros in Google Sheets. The only catch will be that that requires full access for all the players, so I'll need to create a sheet for each game that pulls data from the "master". (Not an issue, just new stuff to learn.)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #95 on: 03 March 2018, 14:44:06 »
Limiting infantry to only the carried stuff just like we have been will cut down on that.

Maybe the real limit since you mentioned Ferrets is

1.  Don't be a Dick.
2.  No More than 1 Unit of ~150 BV.
  A.  You use those small BV units to fill in a gap to make 5K or w/e the limit is, but you can't use multiple smaller units if a larger one would suffice.
  B.  One 300 BV unit, not 3x 100 BV units.

Not saying you cant still work in the max # of units, but it cuts down on lots of the same small BV units.

Examples of 3500 BV x 3-5 Units...... Ok v/s NOT Ok
Ok     2000 + 1000 + 500
Ok     875 + 875 + 875 + 875
NOT ok     3300 + 50 + 50 + 50 + 50

Really, none of this should be a surprise on game day either, as the first time someone purchases 5 sets of the same BA or 5 Foot Rifle Platoons on their Roster then you can ask them what is the point/purpose of said purchase.

We can still have a situation where submitting Rosters ahead of time on the website can/should happen & people can see ahead of time what you are bringing call BS on a force that is a TSM Atlas & 5 Ferrets.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: 12 March 2018, 00:01:41 »
Campaign Game
Scenario: Danger Close
Executive Summary: Having pushed back the defenders of Cavanaugh II, your mercenary forces have dispatched a strike force to deal with the artillery that's been annoying you for the past few weeks. If you're lucky, they'll also be able to interfere with the defenders' command and control.

Scenario Basics:
BV limit: 2500/None (2500 only applies for forces not submitted at least 48 hours before the game)
Unit max: 2, plus any carried infantry. Minimum speed 4/6 (except for carried units).
Victory Condition 1 - Destroy artillery (100 SP): Destroy 2/3 of artillery units. Cripples count for half.
Victory Condition 2 - Destroy or capture HQ building (100 SP): Destroy the building, or have friendly infantry (and no enemy infantry) inside the building.
Victory Condition 3 - Destroy or capture Supply Warehouse (100 SP): Destroy the building, or have friendly infantry (and no enemy infantry) inside the building.
Victory Condition 4 - Destroy or capture Repair Vehicle (100 SP): Destroy the vehicle, or have friendly non-Battlearmor infantry in the repair vehicle's hex for two turns.
Salvage: Only what you can carry with hand actuators, or in cargo vehicles that are part of your force.

Next Mission:
Success on one or both tables: Flanking attack, Recon raid.
Failure on both tables: Fighting Withdrawal.

Intel: These are rear-echelon troops, but that doesn't mean they don't know how to fight... or bore-sight an artillery tube.

Force Composition: See the campaign rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19OwgNoldoGaAGuujXkLKuiRNB88Vc6j2SWOeKnsTuCE/edit?usp=sharing

Force Composition, Short Version: Create a mercenary force according to the rules (or ask the GM for one). Pick two units from that force to bring to the battle. (If you submit these to the GM by Thursday there is no BV limit. After that, max 2500 BV.)

Terrain: The battle will be played on a 4'x6' table (2" hexes) with some hills and forests, and the defenders' installation occupying much of one half of the map. Setup will have the players moving onto one short edge, with the defenders in and near their installation on the opposite half of the map. If turnout is high we will split players evenly between two tables.

(This scenario based on an idea from Hellraiser, BTW.)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #97 on: 18 March 2018, 20:53:15 »
Hey All, 

FYI, 

If Joel is following my OPFOR suggestions you can count on multiple Infantry, Vehicles, & Buildings with Turrets in the area, but a lesser # of mechs since its rear area.

Also see the Salvage note about using hands & cargo space rules.

The optimal force has Hands, Cargo, & Infantry in it & the ability to kill Infantry/Tanks/Buildings.

So get creative with your roster selections  :thumbsup:

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 25 March 2018, 12:11:49 »
Thanks Joel for hosting a fun game yesterday.

We decided to have the Artillery only get a single crewman to drive if needed & skip the artillery rules & added an extra tank to make up for that BV as it would be too difficult to get Infantry/Hovers into a base guarded by Artillery in the short time span we have to play.

Quick Review of Table East.

Players entered from the north.

Thunder - Custom
Black Hawk KU - Customized Pods
Shadowhawk - (6/9/4 w/ HPPC)
Maxim-I
Standard IS BA - 4 Flamers
Marauder BA - 6
Fa Shi - 6 PR
Grenadier - 4 Magshots, Firedrakes, & SRM5
Heavy Infantry Platoon

Firebase is set up on the South in a diamond shape (Turret up front, artillery park west, repair yard east, HQ in the middle, & supply depot in the back)

Lancelot-03
Trebuchet-6C
Partisan-LRM
Vonluckner-75N
Patton-Ultra
2 Heavy Tracked APC
6 Foot-Laser Platoons
Heavy Firebase Turret (Clan Invasion Era)
Command Post (All Eras)

All 3 mechs came up the east side with the Maxim coming up the middle in cover.

Treb & VonLuck held the east flank with Partisan on the West,  Patton, Lancelot, & APCs in the middle.

The middle forces moved out in front while the Partisan moved to the middle, the Maxim reversed & headed back NW to try to circle back & then make an end run up the west edge.

The Vonluckner took a early game crit to the crew & left it with a messy cabin & pristine salvage. 

My GM Forces started taking damage to the Patton & Lancelot as well.

Eventually the Patton was immobilized & pillboxed for a turn before the crew abandoned ship after 1 side was almost breached.  1 APC & the Partisan took motives of -1MP.

The Thunder got deep into the base behind the supply depot & blew it up over 2 turns.
The Black Hawk & Shadow Hawk got to the Repair Yard & killed the Savior parked there.
The Maxim got the Artillery Park & started dropping off infantry when the Partisan hammered it with LRMs to immobilize it .
The troops kept bailing out the next turn but the Partisan finished it off w/ 1 unit still inside & killed off a BA suit as well.
The BA had just about killed the 1st Artillery vehicle when the game ended.

Had the game continued I have little doubt that both Arti would have died.
I also think after seeing the Thunder & Blackhawk that they might have gone down too as both had massive armor damage.

SP Rewards
2 of 4 goals = 200 SP
Salvage 563 SP for Vonluckner split for 4 players = 141 SP each.
Total 341 SP Each

I heard Table West got achieved the same 2 goals but lost their Goliath to ammo explosion & didn't have the actuators needed to haul off salvage.

In hindsight, This was one of those games where the players have to do things counter to our natural desires  (Kill enemy & preserve our own forces)

The deployment of lots on 1 flank was solid & avoiding the middle neutralized that big turret.
The only change I could see to improve it might have been swap the Thunder & Maxim locations.
The Thunder solo on the West might have had he Firepower/Speed to kill the Partisan & the 2 Artillery w/o worrying about capturing anything.
Meanwhile grouping all the infantry together & dropping them on the Vonluckner, Repair Yard, & HQ in that order before turning & blowing up the supply depot could have netted 4/4.

But, as I mentioned above, that would mean full out sprint/run every turn & not walking or backing up to paste the Lancelot/Treb when I offered up a back shots, its counter to how we naturally think which is "KILLS IT" for most of our missions.

I really like the forces arrayed for this fight on both sides, lots of tanks instead of mechs for the defenders & plenty of infantry mounted on fast mechs/vees for the attackers.
It was very combined arms v/s our typical 2 mechs slug fests.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: 27 April 2018, 18:11:12 »
Campaign Game
Scenario: Flanking Strike
Executive Summary: It feels good to be on the offensive again. With the defenders of Cavanaugh II reacting to you for a change, you've managed to spread them out enough to attempt to defeat them in detail.

Scenario Basics:
BV limit: 2500/None (2500 only applies for forces not submitted at least 48 hours before the game)
Unit max: 2, plus any carried infantry. No minimum speed, but faster units will aid in success.
Victory Condition 1 - Destroy first enemy force (200 SP): Destroy 2/3 of initial enemy units. Cripples count for half.
Victory Condition 2 - Destroy second enemy force (200 SP): Destroy 1/2 of forces attempting to reinforce the first enemy force.
Salvage: Only if both victory conditions are met; otherwise, just what you can carry with hand actuators, or in cargo vehicles that are part of your force. (That includes your own fallen units -- discretion may trump valor.)

Next Mission:
At least one victory condition on both tables and both on at least one table: HQ Strike.
At least one victory condition on both tables: Supply Raid.
Failure on either table: Fighting Withdrawal.

Intel: A smaller enemy force is vulnerable, but you'll have to deal with it quickly as reinforcements are close by. If you can take it out fast enough, though, you'll also outnumber the reinforcements...

Force Composition: See the campaign rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19OwgNoldoGaAGuujXkLKuiRNB88Vc6j2SWOeKnsTuCE/edit?usp=sharing

Force Composition, Short Version: Create a mercenary force according to the rules (or ask the GM for one). Pick two units from that force to bring to the battle. (If you submit these to the GM by Thursday there is no BV limit. After that, max 2500 BV.)

Terrain: The battle will be played on a 4'x6' table (2" hexes) with some hills and forests. Setup will have the players moving on in the middle of one long edge, with the defenders' first force on the board near one short edge. Reinforcements will enter later from the other short edge. If turnout is high we will split players evenly between two tables.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: 01 June 2018, 16:41:47 »
The next game will be Saturday June 9 (a week from tomorrow).
Scenario: https://mailchi.mp/29a9548ce723/tat0azt8gq-1311413

The next several games will be related to the upcoming worldwide events; after that, we'll get started with the new, league-style iteration of the campaign. Draft rules can be found (and commented on) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11X_BJb9u1OrqrnZn_9MaICt7IdXq1p0Ls7e6FtcwJas/edit?usp=sharing

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 10 June 2018, 01:29:44 »
Thanks for the great game today Joel!

Overview Synopsis.

Table East:

Players-3
Tian Zong-3?
HammerHands-RAC/TC
MenShen-OF
Wolverine-9W2? w/ Snubbie
Wolverine-CustomTSM
Gun-O
Amazon BA x4?
Marauder BA x4  (x3 Squads)
Taranis BA x4

GM:   (3 Forces)
Stalker-6M  (Leader)
Orion-1K
Quickdraw-4G
Wolverine-7M  (Leader)
Night Hawk
Hermes-4S  (Leader)
Locust-3M
Ontos-Fusion
Hunter-MG?
Scorpion-MRM
3x Foot Platoons
3x Foot Squads

Ontos, Scorpion, Stalker start in the base area along w/ the conventional infantry.
The rest or also in city or entering map on turn 1

TianZong headcaps the Stalker w/ Gauss on turn 1
Players all move up the middle & into the base area to bring as much firepower to bear as possible

Lost of jumping, MASCing, running, walking, falling & shooting.

Then Game ends on Turn 6

Mission Destroyed =  Stalker, Wolverine, Hermes, most of the Infantry.
Truly Destroyed = Orion, Quickdraw, Ontos, Scorpion
Heavy Damage = Locust (CASE'd ammo explosion),  Night Hawk - Armor Breached
Minimal Damage = Hunter

Repair Time:
I know my Wolverine took a TAC that destroyed the Guardian, so that has to be a game of repairs I think for sure.
I recall lots of possible crits so I think some of the other units might be out for repairs too.

Salvaging 3 Leader Mech = 142 Per Player/Guest GM

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #102 on: 10 June 2018, 01:38:51 »
Table West.

Players-4
Battlemaster-3S
Marauder-5S
Black Hawk-KU-Custom Pods
Griffin-4R
Maxim-BA Factory Upgrade
Inner Sphere BA-LRR  x4 
Inner Sphere BA-Flamer  x4
Foot SRM Infantry
(Additional add on force of unknown units, but I think I heard Warhammer & some Magclamp BA)

GM Forces (4)   (Not sure about most of these)
Alacorn-3/4?   (1 of the AC Models)
Some other big tanks?
Lynx ?
4 Infantry Platoons
4 Infantry Squads

I overheard lots of groans & moans from this table.

Apparently GM Joel was on a role with "fixed" dice that had him rolling NINE sets of Boxcars on Turn-1 with a total of 17 sets of boxcars throughout the day.

The players were 3/4 on Leader mechs & less than 50% for HQ buildings so neither objective was completed on this table.

That said they get a portion of the SP from salvage for 142 each

You know how the saying goes...... "some days your the hammer......... some days your GM brings an Age of War Alacorn w/ Precision Ammo & proceeds to NAIL you to the floor with 17 sets of boxcars"
       Seriously those things should be banned in urban defense games, they are just MEAN I say.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2018, 08:45:45 by Hellraiser »

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: 10 June 2018, 11:20:40 »
In my defense, those were the same pairs of dice I've been using for the last several months. And I don't think the Alacorn III got any head hits. One, tops.  >:D But yes, round one had me forcing Jared to use both his Edge points on the same unit (two head hits, so he Edged one... and then he blew the "I only need a three" consciousness check). Later, a set of boxcars on a crit roll triple-engined John's Marauder. The players did it back to me on the Hunchback, but their rolls were gyro, 2x engine... and I rolled a 12 to remain standing.
It really wasn't just me rolling well, but the players rolling poorly -- I think their average to-hit roll was around 5.9-6.0, and they won initiative twice.

OpFor:
Alacorn Mk III
Crusader 7W
Von Luckner K65N
Scorpion LT (MRM) <-- Where has this been all my life? </me adds a pack of Scorpions and a pile of missile packs to his IWM cart>
Wolverine 7M
Hunter (LRM10)
Vedette RAC
Schrek AC
Jackal 55
Vulcan 5M <-- Other than a "whoopsie" on pavement, this guy was outperforming expectations, as we say in the business world
Hunchback 5M <-- Look, Ma, no precision ammo!
Trebuchet 3C
Lancelot LNC25-01
Cestus 6Y

Kartr_Kana

• Corporal
« Reply #104 on: 13 June 2018, 20:17:56 »
Wolverine-9W2 Refit went internal on one leg, but no crits. With a repair truck I don't think he's out any games...?

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #105 on: 14 June 2018, 09:05:37 »
No crits = no repair time, even without the repair truck.
  • Destroyed (Mech CT destroyed, Vehicle location destroyed, or similar): Unrepairable; salvageable for 10%
  • Destroyed (3 engine crits, etc.): Out for 3 games.
  • Two or more locations destroyed (Mech): Out for 3 games
  • Gyro destroyed: Out for 2 games
  • Two Engine hits: 2 games
  • Vehicle Engine hit: 2 games
  • 5+ critical hits: 2 games
  • Vehicle immobilized: 1 game
  • 1+ critical hits: 1 game.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: 14 June 2018, 09:07:35 »
Though it occurs to me -- why are we tracking that for this battle? Everything gets repaired for the next chapter of the campaign.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #107 on: 15 June 2018, 10:25:58 »
I don't think anyone realized that FULL repairs happened as we moved between worlds or that the rules shift would give FULL repairs either.

Poor Wolvy took crits early with full armor from a TAC,  luckily his ECM was no longer needed thanks to the Stalker's turn 1 headcapping  ;)
« Last Edit: 15 June 2018, 10:27:49 by Hellraiser »

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: 15 June 2018, 10:34:43 »
Considering the amount of force restructuring some people are doing, it seems easier.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: 07 July 2018, 17:18:05 »
Worldwide Event: "Dig, Defend, or Die"
Date: Saturday July 21 at Game Depot AZ

Stotzing, former Free Worlds League
8 April 3087

Nightcrawlers. The Green Ghosts, with ROM support, are attacking an archeological site defended by the Marik Protectors and Stotzing Militia. The attackers will attempt to destroy the site during a night attack by light of the full moon.

Worldwide Events are identical scenarios run by Catalyst Demo Agents across the world during a short time frame. The results are tallied and will affect the ongoing in-game storyline. Record sheets and miniatures will be provided. We'll split into multiple games to try and keep the groups manageable and complete games.

Get to the Dropper. There is a second scenario for Alpha Strike games. I'll run it if there's enough interest. PM me.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 22 July 2018, 02:42:34 »
Thanks for the game today Joel, I have reaffirmed my hatred of night missions, lol, or anything that makes shooting in a game about shooting, more difficult.

That said its always a blast to do world events.

Quick review.

North Map:   (1 Move On Turn + 6 Combat Turns)

Green Ghosts+Wob+FC   (10Units:  Mixed LvII + Mech Lance)

Lancelot (ERs) (Special Night Fighting Ability)
BlackKnight-9?  (Hatchet)
Bandersnatch  (Ultra10)
Stealth
Night Hawk
Owens-O (LL/2ML)
Garm (ER)
Ontos-3053
Demon-2750
Galleon-MGs?

With 7 Mechs & 3 Tanks this force seemed to have some SERIOUS tonnage advantage to it.

Defender:  Marik Protectors + Planetary Militia  (2 Lances, 1 Big Mechs, 1 Light Vees)

Tempest  (Special Target a Hex ability)
Stalker-6M
Awesome-8Q
Quickdraw-5M?  (3050 OS SRM Model "crap")
Pegasus-Missile
Saladin-LBX
Harasser
HawkMoth

Turn-1,  The Ghosts get first blood by landing a single ERLL on the Stalker.

Turn-2,  Much more fire, but lots of wiffs.  (Also Notable as the ONLY turn I won Initiative,  grrr)

Turn-3,  More Contact fire & I think this is when the Owens gets pummeled & looses the leg to a 12 crit as well as 1 side torso, of course it only had 2 points of internal left & I scored NO crits in like 20 attempts on the Owens, Ontos, & Galleon.

Turn-4,  The Tempest jumps forward & even at +3 defensive mod in trees is hammered by fire from most of the ghosts.  Which wouldn't have been so bad if he had hit with his own shots or not rolled a snake-eyes on the PSR check.  DOH.  Ghost fail to kill the downed Owens pilot.  All the Hovers make close range strikes & sadly, The Peg is immobilized, Double DOH.

Turn-5,  The Tempest fails his PSR to stand up, ugh,  and takes another massive round of fire that is now internal in several areas.  Peg armor is down to 2 in the rear & crew abandons ship.    Saladin tries for another round of short range shooting & again lands the 20 in a well armored location but the Lancelot kills it with 2 ERLL through the side.

Turn-6,  Tempest Jumps away to trees behind the Stalker,  the Maelstrom is de-legged & now in forced withdrawal,  the Stalker gets killed by an SRM round & an ERPPC to the head when most the Ghosts alpha on its mostly pristine armor.  The Ghosts fire 3 units into the Owens to finally kill its pilot.

In the end the Ghosts finish up with 3 or 5 Points in last minute kills while the Mariks still have just the 2 for the Owens.

(Does the abandoned Peg count as a kill since its forced withdrawal that made it abandoned?   I know I didn't get credit for the Bandersnatch.)

This was certainly my turn with the unlucky dice this time around, too many snake-eyes & initiative losses.

Some thoughts.
I think both players felt the game was against them based maps, units, rules, etc etc.   So maybe that means it was balanced?

The Ghosts had minimal fast units to recon with & a boatload of trees & hills to get through to find the dig site.
They only scanned 3 building hexes in 6 turns & were not even close to the site.

Meanwhile the Marik group felt WOEFULLY under tonnaged & the Light Vehicles were not nearly as effective in such tight tree ridden quarters as they would have been on a normal map with less hills/trees.   (I also realized in hindsight that while the set up was bad, failing to win initiative & being outnumbered was also a major contributing factor)

Both of us pretty much hate the Night rules & +2 to hit because it meant doing anything but a Short Range Slug Match was basically out.

The Units themselves felt totally determined by a RAT table & had zero "focus" to them for either side and not at all optimized for the maps or scenario.

After looking at the total forces, it does look like almost 2500 BV less that was made up for in skills & 135 more tons to go with the 2 unit advantage for the ghosts.

So the Marik forces had skill on their side which would have been useful in a more open battlefield where maneuver was possible.

For other GM's out there still choosing what forces to field for this fight, my suggestion is some recon units need to be on the side of the attackers, while the defenders need jumpjets & close range guns for the late game because range & speed have minimal use on maps covered in trees, buildings, & hills.

For the Designers, you can tell they wanted to pull out the rare situations like Night & special mech rules, for the event, but like a bit too much to keep track of & no one likes not being able to hit anything.  Less is more IMHO.   Something with a movement penalty would have been less punishing for "environmental effects" and maybe keep the special abilities to something that doesn't require trying to pre-guess the enemies movement.

I think my opponent described it that the fight felt like a slow plodding struggle with terrain being in the way & no vision.

For the South Table,  the Defenders had several Missile Carriers for their vehicle lance & those made the attackers pay.
Also the attackers had several VERY fast units  (Locust, Hussar, Mercury, Beagle) that were able to find the building quickly.
I heard the score there was 7-6 Attackers when the game ended after Turn-5

So total so far is 10/12 to 8 in favor of the Green Ghosts with 50% finding the dig site and 50% destroying it.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2018, 12:00:48 by Hellraiser »

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: 22 July 2018, 10:54:49 »
South table destroyed the dig site -- that's why they were ahead by one despite having only about half their force left (no destroyed defenders).
When I was selecting forces, I did one with the attackers heavy and one with the defenders heavy. It looked like you did it right for defending with lighter units -- slow them down and keep them from being able to approach the objective without taking a lot of damage.

South table Batrep:
Round 1. Locust gets on a hill with searchlight on, and despite being +4 at medium/long range takes 2 LRM20s that cause 2x Engine and a Gyro hit. It goes down, but is not out. No other fire lands, but the attackers push their heavies and assaults quickly forward while the defenders try to screen from the lights.

Round 2. The flanking Hussar takes an LB-20 slug to the left arm, ripping it off. The Beagle and Gurkha reach the south-central buildings, but none of the three are the objective.

Round 3. The Beagle fishtails into a building for a moderate motive crit. The assault lance pushes into the center of the four maps; its lead mech, a Battlemaster, takes a TAC gyro hit. The Hussar finds the dig site in the NE corner of the SE map.

Round 4. The Locust finally limps off the board. The assault lance (including the Battlemaster, who made his PSR to stand) gets on the hill in the middle. As they stand in a line, the Bloodhound moves to their side and illuminates them all with its searchlight. Conversely, the assault lance pilots have an, "I thought you were going to turn on your searchlight" moment, and are forced to shoot a dark building. The Patriot fires at the Condor hover at max range and, needing a 12, hits and destroys it with a single LB20 round. The Gurkha, having thought the SRM Carrier had moved, gets obliterated when 8 out of 10 launchers hit, then stack missiles in an unlucky (for the Gurkha) manner.

Round 5. The dig site is destroyed as its fourth hex of six falls, causing it to collapse. The SRM Carrier manages to land two hits at 11s on the back of the Beagle, leaving it immobile. The Battlemaster takes its 2nd gyro hit, unnoticed by its unconscious-with-4-hits pilot.

Game is called on time, leaving the Green Ghosts up by a point; however, had the game continued any longer they'd have been down by about 8.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #112 on: 22 July 2018, 12:03:34 »
South table destroyed the dig site -- that's why they were ahead by one despite having only about half their force left (no destroyed defenders). 
Ah, ok,  I get it now, 15 points but lost 8 in damage,  makes sense.

Game is called on time, leaving the Green Ghosts up by a point; however, had the game continued any longer they'd have been down by about 8.

That sounds about the reverse of mine where if it went on any longer I was going to start loosing more & more units.
The confines were just too tight for the hovers & lack of initiative to place them w/o getting killed.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #113 on: 23 July 2018, 23:47:05 »
Salvaging 3 Leader Mech = 142 Per Player/Guest GM

It looks like the Hermes-4S & Wolverine-7M are up for Salvage to anyone from the West Table at June's season finale game.

Sound off if your interested.
« Last Edit: 23 July 2018, 23:50:40 by Hellraiser »

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #114 on: 28 July 2018, 14:48:45 »
The new/altered campaign will kick off on August 25. The big change is switching to one-vs-one, which will give much faster battles.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #115 on: 08 August 2018, 18:33:40 »
Created a thread for the new campaign here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=62504.0