Author Topic: MotW Schedule Thread 2017  (Read 231396 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: MotW Schedule Thread 2017
« Reply #120 on: 16 March 2017, 10:24:28 »
Hellbie I will put my Dragonfly article up tomorrow :)  And welcome back matey.

Bummer. OK, go for it.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #121 on: 16 March 2017, 10:35:41 »
Bummer. OK, go for it.

If you wanna do your one mate, you go for it, the Dragonfly's always an emergency reserve if we've not got anything and need one NOW!!!!!ONE!!??! so you post yours mate :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #122 on: 25 March 2017, 16:18:51 »
Was there something slated for this week?

If not, i'm writing an article about the Jinggau and i can post it once it is finished. If we do have something, the Jinggau can wait for another day.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #123 on: 25 March 2017, 19:01:49 »
Article ready but i'll just check again if anyone intended to post something today?

The Jinggau can wait if there's something coming.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #124 on: 25 March 2017, 19:42:37 »
I'd say release the hounds at this point.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Agathos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #125 on: 26 March 2017, 19:27:33 »
Those Falconer and Jinggau articles have me thinking about IS heavy cavalry. I think I have a Daikyu article in me somewhere.

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #126 on: 26 March 2017, 20:57:00 »
We seem to be off the rails on official scheduling, but if no one else has anything, I'll call dibs this week; the grasshopper is a sort of proto-heavy cav mech, I think and will fit.

I'd like to look into reviving factional overviews in a month or two. I think starting with the Escorpion Emperio could be fun, but if like to be sure to have the most up to date sources. Which are key? Its either that or update the Vipers, which I did years ago (I think I reconciled their dichotomy in front and second line forces well, but it probability needs another look).

"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #127 on: 26 March 2017, 21:35:57 »
We seem to be off the rails on official scheduling, but if no one else has anything, I'll call dibs this week; the grasshopper is a sort of proto-heavy cav mech, I think and will fit.

I'd like to look into reviving factional overviews in a month or two. I think starting with the Escorpion Emperio could be fun, but if like to be sure to have the most up to date sources. Which are key? Its either that or update the Vipers, which I did years ago (I think I reconciled their dichotomy in front and second line forces well, but it probability needs another look).

Factional overviews sound like a good idea.  And I'd love to see a Grasshopper article, though I'm more apt to consider it a heavy ass-kicker than heavy cavalry.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #128 on: 27 March 2017, 09:38:11 »
I know Hellbie had an article ready to go, but had been having computer troubles that prevented him from accessing the article to post. I think he got it all fixed by now, so he might be able to post this week or soon as well.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #129 on: 27 March 2017, 10:11:03 »
I know Hellbie had an article ready to go, but had been having computer troubles that prevented him from accessing the article to post. I think he got it all fixed by now, so he might be able to post this week or soon as well.

Two in fact (three if you count the backup Apollo article), but I got bumped by the Dragonfly and didn't realize one wasn't posted last week until the Jinggau was already up.

That said, I've gone on record saying I'd rather see other people post articles anyway rather than my own rambling on and on, so I'm not overly concerned if either the Commando or Gyrfalcon (or even the Apollo) ever see the light of day. If other people decided they wanted those Mechs specifically I'd even happily hand them over and scrap my articles. (Let's be real, other people can do them justice far better than I could anyway, I encourage them to do so!)

As for the schedule, I can update that this week but I need people to let me know what they have so I can organize it into a schedule for the next few weeks. If you have something, say so either here or via PM (preferably here) and I'll start assembling things this week.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #130 on: 27 March 2017, 10:17:25 »
I still want to read about the Apollo at some point! (I need to know what's this about Apollo's Law, even though i can guess what it is.)
And Commando. And Gyrfalcon... i think, i just can't remember what 'Mech it is (one of the Jade Falcon DA totems?).

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #131 on: 27 March 2017, 10:55:23 »
Two in fact (three if you count the backup Apollo article), but I got bumped by the Dragonfly and didn't realize one wasn't posted last week until the Jinggau was already up.

That said, I've gone on record saying I'd rather see other people post articles anyway rather than my own rambling on and on, so I'm not overly concerned if either the Commando or Gyrfalcon (or even the Apollo) ever see the light of day. If other people decided they wanted those Mechs specifically I'd even happily hand them over and scrap my articles. (Let's be real, other people can do them justice far better than I could anyway, I encourage them to do so!)

As for the schedule, I can update that this week but I need people to let me know what they have so I can organize it into a schedule for the next few weeks. If you have something, say so either here or via PM (preferably here) and I'll start assembling things this week.

We've both been round and round enough to know how it goes (if memory serves, you picked up the torch after CWD moved on [also, what ever happened to him?] and the idea that it wasn't necessarily tied to a single person inspired me to take a stab at it years later) so I'll go when there's time.  I'm ready for this week with the Grasshopper, but I don't seem to be the only one.  The Scorps or Vipers is probably a month out, since there's some new material (or at least new to me) to go over. 

End of the day, I think we're all in a better place when there are more articles and more authors ready to go, rather than fewer.  I'm just glad its your herding the cats, and not me.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #132 on: 27 March 2017, 11:00:55 »
I still want to read about the Apollo at some point! (I need to know what's this about Apollo's Law, even though i can guess what it is.)
And Commando. And Gyrfalcon... i think, i just can't remember what 'Mech it is (one of the Jade Falcon DA totems?).

Yeah, 55-tonner with a ridiculous long-range punch. I may be biased, but it's not just the best of the new Falcon totem Mechs to me- it's the best of the 3145/50 crop, period. And that's high praise when you consider stuff like the Juliano, Savage Wolf, etc.

+Crow T. Robot+

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #133 on: 27 March 2017, 11:11:21 »

You're far too modest, good sir.  (and what an odd vice in a Falcon.  :P  )

We've both been round and round enough to know how it goes (if memory serves, you picked up the torch after CWD moved on [also, what ever happened to him?] and the idea that it wasn't necessarily tied to a single person inspired me to take a stab at it years later) so I'll go when there's time.  I'm ready for this week with the Grasshopper, but I don't seem to be the only one.  The Scorps or Vipers is probably a month out, since there's some new material (or at least new to me) to go over. 

End of the day, I think we're all in a better place when there are more articles and more authors ready to go, rather than fewer.  I'm just glad its your herding the cats, and not me.
One of many of the old-timers I miss 'round these parts.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #134 on: 27 March 2017, 12:01:20 »
I'm just glad its your herding the cats, and not me.
Like that one quote Weirdo has in his signature, i think writers are really mimetic cats. We vanish occasionally for no reason and reaching us may be impossible...
Yeah, 55-tonner with a ridiculous long-range punch. I may be biased, but it's not just the best of the new Falcon totem Mechs to me- it's the best of the 3145/50 crop, period. And that's high praise when you consider stuff like the Juliano, Savage Wolf, etc.
Pretty neat design, yes.
While i'm not a big Falcon fan after the initial Clan Invasion, their totem lineup for the Dark Age is very, very cool. No comment on if they're all good though... Superb visual design though.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2017, 12:03:32 by Empyrus »

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #135 on: 27 March 2017, 12:12:00 »
Luckily, your rich uncle Hellbie has given all of them extensive field testing because DUH. ;)

Eyrie: Very odd design, too small for the kind of brawling that its layout suggests it's good at. Talons allow it to take a leg off another light in a scrap though, the lasers offer hefty punch, and the ATMs allow for either a close-range wallop or a long-range peppering as you advance, depending on your battlefield and preferences. Not a particularly good scout design, but decent as a scout hunter.

Gyrfalcon: As I said, one of the most blissful designs in the game- as I cover in my article, if you liked the RFL-3N Rifleman you'll adore this. Over/under large laser/autocannon in each arm, how familiar! Except both weapons reach well past 20 hexes, so you can alpha a target at ranges where he can't reply with anything at all. And thanks to the mobility, jump jets, MASC, and heat sinks, you can keep that up as a sustained barrage and keep pulling away from the enemy to HOLD that insane range. Blissfully good design in the hands of a good gunner and smart tactician.

Jade Hawk: Varies by version, obviously, but generally a close-range nightmare that would finally give a Berserker pilot something to blanch at. Massed SRMs and lasers with good mobility and tough armor? Yes please. Advance under cover from Gyrfalcons and go absolutely bonkers until your target dies or you do. It's very Hunchback IIC-feeling in a way- it's got severe limitations and yet in its narrow role it's utterly horrifying.

Shrike: Did you like the Executioner's approach towards assault-weight units, mobility over raw power? You'll love this then. Did you miss the stalwart-advances of Warhawks and Dire Wolves? Pass on this. Firepower isn't particularly overwhelming (though similar to the Gyrfalcon), but it can find places to fire what it has that most assaults simply can't. It's an oversized heavy- using it to go toe-to-toe with something similar sized will end badly, so you've got to be smart about using it. A well-used Shrike can be dominant, a poorly used one is just a waste of BV.

+Crow T. Robot+

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #136 on: 27 March 2017, 22:45:00 »
it's the best of the 3145/50 crop, period.
Fixed that for you.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #137 on: 28 March 2017, 02:52:38 »
I can do a Grasshopper if folks want :)  Always liked that laser rave :)  Also Hellbie where is the Gyrfalcon article? I can't seem to find it on the list.
« Last Edit: 28 March 2017, 04:46:11 by marauder648 »

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #138 on: 28 March 2017, 07:47:33 »
I can do a Grasshopper if folks want :)  Always liked that laser rave :)  Also Hellbie where is the Gyrfalcon article? I can't seem to find it on the list.

I don't understand the question. It hasn't been posted, so the best answer I can give is 'on a USB drive connected to my house keys'.  #P

+Crow T. Robot+

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #139 on: 28 March 2017, 08:03:58 »
I don't understand the question. It hasn't been posted, so the best answer I can give is 'on a USB drive connected to my house keys'.  #P

So...in your pants....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #140 on: 28 March 2017, 08:15:05 »
So...in your pants....

Why, where do you keep YOUR favorite Battlemechs?

+Crow T. Robot+

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #141 on: 28 March 2017, 08:24:00 »

Ahhhh....fiend :p :D

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #142 on: 28 March 2017, 08:24:31 »
"Is that a Gyrfalcon in your pants? Or are you just happy to see me?"
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #143 on: 28 March 2017, 08:36:57 »

Where ever my wife puts them!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #144 on: 28 March 2017, 08:44:48 »
Where ever my wife puts them!

*insert 50 shades of Grey 'My desires are...unconventional...' Meme here.*

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #145 on: 28 March 2017, 11:10:20 »
That all aside, what is the traditional posting day these days?  Years ago it was Monday, but I don't know that that's where we are currently.

As to mechs in pants... you have to have pants to put mechs in them!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #146 on: 28 March 2017, 11:12:30 »
It seems to be Fridays basically or near as damn it :)

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #147 on: 28 March 2017, 18:32:43 »
*insert 50 shades of Grey 'My desires are...unconventional...' Meme here.*

That means two things.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #148 on: 28 March 2017, 21:35:04 »
That means two things.

He's the one getting Gyrfalcon's put in strange places... :p

Seriously who puts them in the cupboard with the baking soda...its not right I tell ya!
« Last Edit: 28 March 2017, 21:43:54 by marauder648 »

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #149 on: 31 March 2017, 17:03:03 »
Do we have a modern article on the Quickdraw?  IM mentioned it and its ill repute in his Grasshopper article, which of course made me want to defend the "cavalry heavy that (occasionally) could."
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Register