Author Topic: Online Exclusive 3085 Infantry - Size Question  (Read 2183 times)

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Online Exclusive 3085 Infantry - Size Question
« on: 15 August 2022, 14:49:55 »
I'm aware that, for the sake of detail, the 3085 infantry are a bit bigger than the old Davion grunts and the CGL plastic Elementals. That in mind, are they still small enough that I can comfortably fit a full 5-7 man squad of most of them onto a single full-size base without it feeling too crowded? If anyone's done this, would you be so kind as to shoot a pic or two my way?

I'm strongly of the opinion that IWM's preview images for infantry/BA/protos should probably have a quarter for scale or something like that, but hey, make do.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
Re: Online Exclusive 3085 Infantry - Size Question
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2022, 07:20:12 »
I stick two on a US penny and call it a day. I've never done 5-7 on a hex base before, but I feel most of them would look/feel pretty crowded with more than 3-4 on them. At least the ones I have (Davion spec-ops, Lyran heavy infantry, Clan jump infantry). I would agree with quarter suggestion.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2022, 18:40:58 »
Out of curiosity, they wouldn't happen to be about 25mm tall, would they?
Poke's Aerospace Academy

"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2022, 20:18:07 »
No, more like 13-15mm by my measurement.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

pokefan548

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2022, 20:22:19 »
Alright, thanks. Even if they won't make good squad minis for TW scale, I suppose that means they're still useful as AToW Tactical Combat minis if we make 1 meter equal 1/4".
Poke's Aerospace Academy