Author Topic: (Answered) Life boat/Escape pod - how was it designed?  (Read 1462 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
(Answered) Life boat/Escape pod - how was it designed?
« on: 15 April 2023, 00:27:29 »
I find myself with an odd question, and don't quite know where to put this.  I want to design a Life boat/Escape pod, but there seem to be no underlying pattern.  For instance;

-The Life Boat is a civilian Spheroid where the Escape Pod is a civilian Aerodyne.  This seems to support the Small Craft option, but small craft are limited to 100-200 tons.  Since the LB/EP is a 5-ton vehicle, it clearly is not.

-As a Medium Support Vehicle, the only option I can match with its entry is that of tonnage; 5 tons.  Further construction steps, such as Internal Structure, are missing.

-My last option, ASF, is able to meet the tonnage question but requires additional equipment that eliminates it from consideration.

I suspect these designs were grandfathered in from previous rulesets (DropShips and JumpShips/BattleSpace) and it can't be designed with the new rules and books.

So my question is, If I was to build it, would it be a support vehicle?  And would it be legal?  And what would it look like?
« Last Edit: 25 May 2023, 16:28:38 by Xotl »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: Life boat/Escape pod - how was it designed?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2023, 00:56:25 »
Bump.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Life boat/Escape pod - how was it designed?
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2023, 16:28:32 »
We don't know how it was designed, so I'm afraid we can't help you.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register