Author Topic: Fallout Minis  (Read 10939 times)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Fallout Minis
« Reply #60 on: 09 May 2018, 06:04:53 »
Midwest Brotherhood Power Armour or bust!

ahem

I still have no idea when these are supposed to hit retail... or when I'll see them in Australia. I know one store near me is carrying them, but they're being very vauge even by the standards of a store that tends to be vauge
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 09 May 2018, 17:27:50 »

ahem

I still have no idea when these are supposed to hit retail... or when I'll see them in Australia. I know one store near me is carrying them, but they're being very vauge even by the standards of a store that tends to be vauge

From their store page:

Get in on the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare pre-order and secure preferential delivery, Nuka Girl plus special bundles to get your settlement up and running. Pre-orders will be shipped in waves starting late May. Orders from March 2nd will ship from early June. You can also pre-order through your local retailer.

Spend £120 or over on our pre-order and you will get Nuka Girl complete with 10 cards (unit & AI) with your order.

Pre-order in your local retailer and you can get the Alien Zetan. In our next pre-order we will swap these around so online pre-orders can get the Alien Zetan, whilst retail pre-orders can get Nuka Girl. 
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #62 on: 09 May 2018, 17:34:54 »
oddly, the Midwest BoS PA was just the Enclave PA with a helmet swap. i say oddly, because they actually left the west coast before the BoS encountered the Enclave.

hopefully when they do an Enclave pack, they'll have the X-01's Enclave variant (the X-01 being the basis for the Enclave's Advanced Power Armor)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #63 on: 09 May 2018, 18:15:36 »
Well, the events of Fallout Tactics aren't canon or are very broad-strokes canon at best.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #64 on: 09 May 2018, 18:22:47 »
Well, the events of Fallout Tactics aren't canon or are very broad-strokes canon at best.
broad strokes. the midwest BoS has been confirmed to exist in dialog from both Fallout 3 and Fallout 4*. whether any of the details from tactics are true is unknown. as of FO3 though, the midwest BoS is MIA so we may never find out.**
*in FO3 you get told by the BoS members that when they trekked across the wasteland from california to the capitol Wasteland, they detoured near chicago to try and make contact with the midwest branch. in FO4 the captain of the Prydwyyn talks about previous BoS airships, which were how the midwest BoS ended up in Chicago.. they were the first attempt to reach the east coast, and their airship flotilla (which was more like the graf zeppelin tech level wise) were damaged in storms and had to put down in the midwest. where they set up shop.
**the same dialog in FO3 that talks about the midwest BoS also establishes that the expedition that became the east coast BoS tried to contact the midwestern branch on their trip across the USA.. and all they got was static.

my own guess is that since midwestern BOS styling PA shows up in FO3 used by the enclave (the hellfire armor), and we are told in FO:New Vegas that the Enclave has outposts in Chicago (in the audio logs stored in ED-E), that during the Enclave's trip across north america to relocate from california to the capitol wasteland, that they stumbled over the midwest BOS, destroyed them, and took over the MWBOS facilities for their own use.

personalyl i'm hoping that a future game gets set in chicago and we get to see an enclave, ModWesternBOS, and EasternBOS three way conflict (since the midwesterner's would be viewed as having gone against the ideals of the BoS, since they accept mutants, super mutants, ghouls, and outsiders into their brotherhood, and don't hoard technology as readily.)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 18:38:23 by glitterboy2098 »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #65 on: 09 May 2018, 19:17:30 »
That the Midwest chapter of the BoS exists is canon, but I think that the actual events of Fallout Tactics aren't.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #66 on: 09 May 2018, 20:03:43 »
Fallout's canon is, canonically, a mess. I wouldn't sweat it, because I suspect the miniatures game will draw from any and all of the titles as long as the pieces keep selling.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #67 on: 09 May 2018, 20:04:40 »
Just so long as there are no hairy deathclaws.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #68 on: 09 May 2018, 20:34:22 »
I wouldn't mind a Brood Mother or two, hell I'll settle for even some Black Bloatflys.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Register