Author Topic: (Fan Rules) Aces  (Read 834 times)

Brym

• Corporal
(Fan Rules) Aces
« on: 23 March 2023, 11:31:16 »
For anyone wanting a preview of what Aces might look like, I'll drop a link to the fan version of the same idea I created last November.  https://www.reddit.com/r/battletech/comments/yxyz5c/bryms_opfor_an_automated_solocoop_opponent_for/

At a high level, it's the same idea - I have a separate deck for each Alpha Strike Role, and you draw a card each turn that tells the unit how to move and shoot.  I was partially inspired by a fan AI for the X-Wing miniatures game, and they got the guy who made that to make Aces.

I wouldn't spend time learning my system or printing my cards now since we're supposed to get the Aces beta shortly (which I'm sure will be an improvement from my fan version!), but you can get a general idea for what it might look like.

Brym

• Corporal
Re: (Fan Rules) Aces
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2023, 19:09:26 »
FYI, this got moved here by a mod from the mercenaries thread, where I had posted it before the actual Aces stuff came out for backers. I didn’t intend to make a new thread. (I already made a thread about it here when I released it).

Now that we have the Aces stuff, I would encourage people to look there rather than at my thing.  I’m not planning on developing this further, I’m going to focus on submitting my feedback on Aces so it can be the best it can be.

Register