Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166048 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1050 on: 15 October 2018, 19:03:49 »
Saints Row 2 is a decent third-person shooter on PC.  A little glitchy, but as long as you save often it should be okay.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1051 on: 15 October 2018, 21:53:33 »
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (that's a mouthful) for the PS4; Bandai made an English Sub version though all the audio is in Japanese so it is very playable. This game is quite huge and you can play through every UC Gundam title from the main television and movie series to even the side games that no one has ever heard of
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1052 on: 15 October 2018, 23:01:50 »
Most FPS games are just different skins slapped on top of the same engine. So it all depends on what kind of skin you want slapped on top of it: shooting at Nazis? Zombies? Space zombies? Nazi zombies? Space Nazi zombies?
LOL! Now I want to know what game has space Nazi zombies! Also any game that has space Nazi without zombies? :D

Otherwise I'm warming up with The Original Strife: Veteran Edition. Not bad.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1053 on: 15 October 2018, 23:10:37 »
LOL! Now I want to know what game has space Nazi zombies! Also any game that has space Nazi without zombies? :D

Well you DID ask..

https://www.amazon.com/Wolfenstein-New-Order-PC/dp/B00CPKUV9I?th=1

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1054 on: 16 October 2018, 00:51:00 »
Shooters for older PC
Serious Sam
Brutal Doom
Far Cry
And if you prefer tactical shooter Operation Flashpoint (with ton of mods), Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six 1-3

As for space Nazis, the only one I can think of is Killzone 2&3 for PS3.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1055 on: 09 November 2018, 00:21:09 »
I have some questions about Elder Scrolls Online because a friend got me the game s few days ago; does magic work like in the other games because looking at the skills for Sorcerers- I 'be noticed that I can't throw fire or ice spells unless I have to use staffs for them?
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #1056 on: 10 November 2018, 00:44:58 »
I had a fun weekend playing Planetside 2: got together with my three online chat friends and we blew some stuff up. First we tried a ride around in a harasser, but my terrible gunnery skills ended up getting us all killed. Then we moved onto a Liberator for ground attack using an aircraft, but the weapons were so weak and we kept missing (my outfit is notorious for being terrible at skills but we are cool people to hang out with lol) so I ended up gunning with a hover tank called the magrider. We ended up farming a lot of kills as we just gunned downed the enemy while overlooking their base from a hilltop lol.

The game is currently on a Halloween themed special, so this means pumpkins pop up all over the place and if you shoot them you get seeds with which to buy custom stuff. One of my buddies was trying to hunt an elusive galactic pumpkin to get a reward, but he logged out to take a break. Just as he was logging back in, I spotted one of the rare pumpkins and shot it, earning myself enough seeds to buy a skull bandana for my character, and my friend missed it by one minute. He was pissed lol.

Here is my brand new skull bandana for my Vanu character  ;D

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1057 on: 12 November 2018, 15:46:11 »
I had bought Birth of Rome (part of Alea Jacta Est series) years ago, but I didn't play it until yesterday (Sunday), thanks to having a day off from work. I read little over half of the manual, then played tutorial followed by Third Samnite War. 105 turns or so... 8 PM already... One more turn... Oh frak, past 10 PM now! I might play another scenario of this...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was on sale on Steam couple weeks ago, so I bought it. I have played it some hours (3 according to Steam), and it looks promising. Beginning is like heavily scripted tutorial not unlike Elder Scrolls series of games. But I like combat system better than what is in Morrowind and Mount & Blade.

Other games I have played recently are Trails in the Sky, ARK: Survival Evolved, and The Original Strife: Veteran Edition.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #1058 on: 14 November 2018, 16:37:35 »
I can't afford to buy games anymore so I'm milking Elder Scrolls Online, World of Tanks, and Star Trek Online for all they're worth!! 😁 I'm hoping to get Fallout 76 for Xmas...

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #1059 on: 14 November 2018, 19:14:00 »
Fallout 76, and having a lot of fun doing post-apocalypotic things with other people
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1060 on: 14 November 2018, 21:47:37 »
Red Dead redemption 2

Had since the Midnight Release...played about 6+ hours each since and only JUST NOW started chapter 4

there is THAT MUCH to do.

And I haven't even had a chance to fire up HITMAN 2 yet :(
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
« Reply #1061 on: 14 November 2018, 22:24:40 »
Red Dead redemption 2

Had since the Midnight Release...played about 6+ hours each since and only JUST NOW started chapter 4

there is THAT MUCH to do.

And I haven't even had a chance to fire up HITMAN 2 yet :(

Red Dead looks great and I've been impressed with the clips I've seen it's just I HATE westerns.... 🤣  I wish I could like this game... 😢

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1062 on: 14 November 2018, 23:53:51 »
History Channels : Civil War for Playstion2.

Historical battles with weird but true storylines...

I hate the one shot musket, but love the rapid fire pistol revolver. Damn thing can't reload as you'll have to fire the entire cylinder. AND you'll have to pick your targets... miss and having to reload on the run in the middle of a battlefield with little or no shelter...

At least health returns, slower than an ice cube in hell! Love the sound effects too..

TT

« Last Edit: 14 November 2018, 23:57:19 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1063 on: 15 November 2018, 00:08:06 »
From back in the days when History Channel actually produced stuff about real history?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1064 on: 15 November 2018, 00:19:24 »
Yeah, that and Medal of Honors...

Ohwee... what fun blastin' Nazis and such!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1065 on: 16 November 2018, 03:47:07 »
Just installed Star Control:Origins.  Instead of playing the game, went straight to the ship designer.

Made an SDF-1 (apparently the 2nd one) and a Mospeada Garfish.  Considering what other ships to try and recreate.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1066 on: 16 November 2018, 08:16:14 »
Just installed Star Control:Origins.  Instead of playing the game, went straight to the ship designer.

Made an SDF-1 (apparently the 2nd one) and a Mospeada Garfish.  Considering what other ships to try and recreate.

Nice!! Maybe try building a meltran or zentran battle cruiser?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1067 on: 16 November 2018, 13:04:58 »
Considering what other ships to try and recreate.
Something BattleTech related?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1068 on: 16 November 2018, 14:17:41 »
I tried Underworld Ascendent. The game seems somewhat promising, but the save system is currently execrable and needs to be fixed (a "save" at least during the tutorial takes you back to the beginning of the level, starting over with all items obtained... so you can grab duplicates). Apparently they can't figure out how to save game states during level play. No idea why this is; maybe environmental simulation states? Performance is less of a concern to me. I see some framerate slowdowns and inefficiencies, but I can play through them just fine.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1069 on: 16 November 2018, 14:56:31 »
Since Ultima Underworld is my favorite game of all time, I’ve been eyeing that will cautious interest. The steam reviews have been pretty rough. I’ll probsbly wait a few months for them to work some of the the kinks out (like I should have done with Ys VIII)

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1070 on: 17 November 2018, 00:42:26 »
I bought Heretic & sequels from Steam and started playing Hexen: Beyond the Heretic. Because Goblin Slayer isn't available character, I chose the next closest thing: Fighter. Because it doesn't seem to be available on Steam nor any other (legitimate) downloadable service, I have placed an order for physical copy of The Settlers (European PC version, English) through eBay. Seller promises the game box and all of its contents. £20 for that + shipping (£27 total). I just hope the diskettes aren't corrupted.

Since Ultima Underworld is my favorite game of all time, I’ve been eyeing that will cautious interest. The steam reviews have been pretty rough. I’ll probsbly wait a few months for them to work some of the the kinks out (like I should have done with Ys VIII)
Ultima Underworld has been around like 25 years. What do you expect few months more to do for it?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1071 on: 17 November 2018, 00:49:28 »
I was talking about the new game bedwyr brought up. It’s a new game developed by some of the original team from the early 90s

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1072 on: 17 November 2018, 04:12:24 »
Yep.  I just created an Invader class jumpship. To me, that's the iconic spacefaring vessel for Battletech.  Oh and a Mospeada Horizont troop transport.

Something BattleTech related?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1073 on: 17 November 2018, 09:47:23 »
I was talking about the new game bedwyr brought up. It’s a new game developed by some of the original team from the early 90s

I played through the intro level last night finally and (hopefully) have that progress auto-saved for later. The impression I'm getting so far is that the mood is very Underworld. They do a goo job creating atmosphere and the need to quietly hide from perceived danger. I'm aware that they brought back the rune magic system (huzzah!) and there's lots of name drops and location callbacks like the four pools and pillar-ed hall of King Vernix.

Saving aside, this appears to be somehow divided by discrete levels like a 2D Mario game (boo hiss). That's disappointing because the original game was a master class in creating an atmosphere of lived-in society and ecology. Mere design details like putting in a rubble-blocked grand staircase through Sir Cabirus's ruins adds verisimilitude to the basics of your character trying to stay alive by scrounging bits of food and broken armor. Discrete level design fails to live up to this ideal.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #1074 on: 27 November 2018, 18:56:02 »
Space Hulk: Deathwing - Enhanced Edition

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1075 on: 27 November 2018, 20:52:48 »
Working on Red Dead Redemption 2.

Rockstar went overboard on some things.

Fistfights, hunting game, and upgrading your camp are fun.

Making sure you eat a balanced diet, maintaining your gun, and shaving are not.

I'm surprised there isn't a minigame for washing your socks.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #1076 on: 27 November 2018, 22:15:12 »
Working on Red Dead Redemption 2.

Rockstar went overboard on some things.

Fistfights, hunting game, and upgrading your camp are fun.

Making sure you eat a balanced diet, maintaining your gun, and shaving are not.

I'm surprised there isn't a minigame for washing your socks.

I'm in Epilogue II right now, and one of the best things about the game I think is the nod it give to the First game.

There is a part where if you play poker at Camp, and John is in the game, they joke about all going down to the lake to swim, and then tease John because he's scared of water and can't swim.

And in the Epilogue when you play as John, if you DO try and swim, you immediately lose 100% of all Stamina, and john is in very real danger of drowning!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1077 on: 27 November 2018, 22:55:00 »
That's funny.

I decided to name my horse Worthless.  I'll be impressed if anyone gets that reference.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1078 on: 27 November 2018, 23:35:01 »
I decided to name my horse Worthless.  I'll be impressed if anyone gets that reference.
Whitworthless :)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1079 on: 27 November 2018, 23:36:39 »
Nope.  It's not a Battletech reference.

Register