Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166507 times)

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #210 on: 18 August 2016, 14:32:13 »
I've been playing Stellaris. Best 4X game in a long time. Someone has modded in Battletech symbols too, so my Draconis Combine is slowly creeping over the galaxy.

Stellaris is really well done, and there's a Star Trek mod being worked on by someone.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #211 on: 19 August 2016, 14:32:34 »
Stellaris is a fun game, though I did have to take a break from it for a little while. My recommendation for mods is to grab a copy of Synthwave Stellaris Music. Download it, ignore the version warning, and enjoy some game appropriate music.

And Shin, Stellaris calls itself a Grand Strategy game more than a 4x game.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #212 on: 19 August 2016, 15:40:11 »
i got bored with it it just reminded me too much of moo2
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #213 on: 19 August 2016, 15:42:11 »

Not a bad thing in my book.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #214 on: 19 August 2016, 15:42:57 »

Both take place in space.
Both feature aliens.
Both feature tech advancement.

...sure, I guess somebody could make an argument that they're alike.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #215 on: 19 August 2016, 15:46:47 »
Not a bad thing in my book.

It's a poor comparison. Stellaris glosses over combat in favor of interstellar diplomacy and empire building. And empire building in the sense of Star Trek's Federation more than the heavy lifting of planning out each and every planet your empire controls.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #216 on: 19 August 2016, 15:48:56 »
It's a poor comparison. Stellaris glosses over combat in favor of interstellar diplomacy and empire building. And empire building in the sense of Star Trek's Federation more than the heavy lifting of planning out each and every planet your empire controls.

Sounds more like MOO3...
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #217 on: 20 August 2016, 00:29:06 »
One of the major improvements over MOO (or any other of the major 4X games I've played) is the establishment of goals for a declared war. Each goal adds a certain point value, and your victories/defeats contribute positively or negatively toward that point goal. Once you reach it, boom, the war is over; no more dragging a war on forever and a day because the AI is being a belligerent piece of space flotsam.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #218 on: 20 August 2016, 17:56:49 »
Speaking of MOO the firm Wargaming has acquired the license and is coming out with a new version. You can get early access via Steam already.

They are not stinting on voice actors, check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzlgohX2SM
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #219 on: 21 August 2016, 10:42:31 »
Steam has Mass Effect series for sale. -75%. Gonna get it. Dunno if I'll play it though.
I'm playing this. I'm totally playing this!
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #220 on: 21 August 2016, 11:53:01 »
Finally got around to reinstalling and probably going to just completely restart Fallout 4 with a whole new character.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #221 on: 22 August 2016, 08:39:29 »
Speaking of MOO the firm Wargaming has acquired the license and is coming out with a new version. You can get early access via Steam already.

They are not stinting on voice actors, check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzlgohX2SM

Yeah, been following this.  It comes at a good time.  I'll finally have to get a new PC.  I'm so reluctant, though.  The recent Homeworld and X-Com revivals were good.  I suppose the worse of gaming isn't as bleak as Hollywood when it comes to revivals.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #222 on: 22 August 2016, 08:59:57 »
Got back into World of Warcraft and been having a blast. The new Legion expansion's coming out next Tuesday and the pre-patch period has been fun. There are Invasions which give crazy experience so I've been leveling new characters so quickly. New Demon Hunter class is pretty fun to play though it doesn't have much of a skill requirement.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #223 on: 22 August 2016, 09:07:22 »
GTA Online, got chased by a trio of folks out to just troll other players. Gave them a merry time- they were in an armored car, but I was in the games' equivalent of a Koeniggseg supercar, so good luck catching me guys. Well... unless I don't give a corner the braking it deserves and go skidding...

...right through a gap in the retaining wall of the raised on-ramp...

...into the air...

...and landing almost perfectly on top of the flatbed of a large truck, which didn't so much as flinch as it merrily drove along the northbound interstate. I couldn't get my car off of it- I was perfectly stuck so all four tires were off the trailer- but my opponents were stuck still facing eastbound and by the time they could get caught up I was long gone.

Thanks for the ride, nameless trucker!  O0
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #224 on: 22 August 2016, 14:13:04 »
Elite Dangerous.  I have a HOTAS coming in the mail tomorrow so this ought to be interesting.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #225 on: 22 August 2016, 15:57:11 »
Elite Dangerous.  I have a HOTAS coming in the mail tomorrow so this ought to be interesting.

Much much MUCH better with a HOTAS.

If you are using the x55 (not sure about other makes), this is a GREAT online reference maker for your HOTAS:

https://www.mcdee.net/elite/
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: 22 August 2016, 17:07:44 »
Much much MUCH better with a HOTAS.

If you are using the x55 (not sure about other makes), this is a GREAT online reference maker for your HOTAS:

https://www.mcdee.net/elite/
X52 Pro. 

Now that is a very useful website.  That will make remembering the 5 bazillion controls a lot easier.  Thanks!
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #227 on: 26 August 2016, 23:19:45 »
Darkest Dungeon- tough but addicting game. I like the Hellion and Graverobber classes.  O0

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #228 on: 26 August 2016, 23:21:00 »
Darkest Dungeon- tough but addicting game.
I got that and I'm not addicted
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #229 on: 26 August 2016, 23:56:05 »
To each their own. I've heard dark rumors of people who didn't like Undertale, even before encountering the insane fanbase.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #230 on: 27 August 2016, 00:55:04 »
I just got King of Fighters XIV.  Very fun.  Unlike Capcom, SNK does not appear to feel the need to change elements of a tournament fighter's gameplay that the fans actually like.  They also seem to have figured out how to release a game that has all its advertised features available on launch.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #231 on: 27 August 2016, 08:44:46 »
Considering having another go at EU-IV as soon as I finish up my Empire-TW game as India. I've taken South and Central America, and I'm working on the Caribbean and North America.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #232 on: 27 August 2016, 10:44:21 »
I have seen said Empire is worst game in the Total War series. What is your opinion about it? Is the formations fighting 1-on-1 still in there or has it been patched out?

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #233 on: 27 August 2016, 17:44:53 »
I think its OK. Napoleon Total War and Medieval II I didn't like as much as this one. Shogun and Medieval I are better for me, as is Shogun II and the original Rome is the one I most enjoy.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #234 on: 27 August 2016, 21:53:30 »
Has anyone been beta testing new MOO?  I a couple of my friends have early versions, their playing they bought on steam. It's coming along, i've been itching to get new games (i've not bough any new new games in few years now.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #235 on: 27 August 2016, 22:54:36 »
Star Wars Republic At War which is a mod for Empire At War set during the Clone Wars; a lot of fun though the AI is really dumb sometimes

Also playing Dragon Age Inquisition for the 360
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #236 on: 28 August 2016, 12:04:57 »
My last bought game is RUNNING WITH RIFLES. Top-down shooter, maybe hundreds little soldiers shooting at each other, crewing vehicles, and dying. Lots. Multiplayer servers available where players can come and go as they please. One comment from the game chat:
I'M HAVING FUN JUST DYING LOL
Still on sale in Steam. 1 day left.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #237 on: 28 August 2016, 16:46:17 »
Has anyone been beta testing new MOO?  I a couple of my friends have early versions, their playing they bought on steam. It's coming along, i've been itching to get new games (i've not bough any new new games in few years now.)

I'm still having a hard crash of the game after playing about 2-2.5h.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #238 on: 01 September 2016, 06:58:35 »
Started playing Armored Warfare almost 2 weeks ago. Modern era World of Tanks, for those not familiar with it. I am enjoying it more than WoT, especially since you have unlimited garage space, and no gold ammo. It's currently suffering from an anemic fanbase - there's extremely long waits for any PvP matches during NA morning through early afternoon. Thankfully, they do have co-op PvE missions you can run.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #239 on: 03 September 2016, 01:18:05 »
I was currently playing through Transformers Devastation for PC on Hard Mode as Bumblebee.  Man, that battle against Menasor while playing as Bumblebee was hard.  But I manage to defeat him.  Yes I do Synthesize my weapons very often