Author Topic: Aerotech Tutor in Denver?  (Read 2988 times)

eldrwyrm

• Corporal
  • Sometimes the Dragon wins.
    • The Wyrm's Rumblings
Aerotech Tutor in Denver?
« on: 11 August 2011, 14:16:54 »
I was wondering if there was anyone in the Denver Area who is experienced with the aerospace and aircraft rules that would be willing to teach a small group. 
Last night we ran (for the second time) a scenario using aircraft and abstract air combat rules.  We think we get it, but we're not sure we got it.  We'd like to try the full rules, but if we can find someone who actually understands them, that would be awesome.

Thanks

Neil
Check out my Klondike Campaign blog at http://eldrwyrm.blogspot.com/

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Aerotech Tutor in Denver?
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2011, 14:20:15 »
I'm moving this to Challenges & Gatherings, which is a better place for people in the Denver area to find this and hopefully give you some help.

I haven't lived in Denver for almost five years now (Go Broncos!), but I know that Joel 'Septimecia' Steverson runs games out there sometimes. I'll let him know about this thread for you. No idea how much Aerotech his group is doing these days, but can't hurt to ask.

Glad people are still gaming out in the old homeland!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2011, 23:20:57 »
I was wondering if there was anyone in the Denver Area who is experienced with the aerospace and aircraft rules that would be willing to teach a small group. 

Is there a good venue in Denver?
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2011, 09:17:11 »
Is there a good venue in Denver?

There used to be two, but of course I'm also five years gone, so whether either is still around is unknown to me.

One was Valhalla's Games, near Lakeside Mall. We used to run things there regularly, but for a while they went uber-GW and all but shunned anyone coming in to play something that wasn't Warhammer. Then, when GW opened their own store ten or so blocks south of the place (since gone), they found the rug pulled out from under them. No idea if they survived to rebuild their customer base, but it was a decent place to game anyway- funny note, the back area for gaming used to be a warehouse of some sort, and has a curved tin roof- so if it's raining (or god forbid, hail!), forget any form of audio communication. Once the rain hits, your game is ON HOLD. ;)

The other- and to be honest, my preferred store in the area- was Bonnie Brae Hobbies, which was near Hampden and Colorado Blvd., about a block north of Hampden. Again, I have no idea if this store is still there five years later. If it is though, it's a gem of a store. The gaming area looks small, at first, but if you ask them nicely they'll open up the basement for you to use- more space than you know what to do with for gaming. Perfect! Their Battletech selection is just awesome- books, but in particular their mini stock is a thing of beauty. Great store, hope they're prospering in a tough economy.

A few other stores around town- Colpar Hobbies, for example- may have books and minis, but I never found much going on in the way of playing at those stores due to lack of area for it.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2011, 09:30:42 »

The other- and to be honest, my preferred store in the area- was Bonnie Brae Hobbies, which was near Hampden and Colorado Blvd., about a block north of Hampden. Again, I have no idea if this store is still there five years later.

It would seem like they are, I guess quality lasts!
http://bonniebraehobbies.net/
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

lonewolfsyndrome

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2011, 10:46:19 »
I live in Denver and really the only two stores still open are Bonnie Brae and Colectormaina, the later being my home venue (Located in Parker, about 1/2 way between Denver and Castle Rock) . I know we don't do Aerotech, not sure about B.B.

Now recurting for the Crimson Cerberus (MWOnline), Currently allied with the Brown Coats. PM me for details.

eldrwyrm

• Corporal
  • Sometimes the Dragon wins.
    • The Wyrm's Rumblings
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2011, 01:01:48 »
There are several stores around where gaming is available.  Valhallas is still open and they still have large miniatures gaming area.  Bonnie Brae is still open and has a good selection of BT stuff.  I was not aware of the basement space, but I have never played there.  There is a new shop called Myth-Placed Treasures @ Kipling and Jewel in Lakewood that has a miniatures gaming table as well as several gaming tables in the back.  There is also CollectorMania, though that is Hell and Gone from where my gaming group is.
Valhalla's or Myth-Placed Treasures would be the preferred locations, though Bonnie Brae is doable.
Check out my Klondike Campaign blog at http://eldrwyrm.blogspot.com/