Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat  (Read 106865 times)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Perhaps they aren't dealing with the right distributor?

Mine has had them.available as an ordering option for a long time now.

even my flgs which carries virtually no battletech has both boxes in the system as well

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
I pre-ordered both from third party sellers on Amazon.  One estimated a March delivery for the Beginner set, and the other an April delivery for the regular set.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Well ain't this interesting. My LGS has added Beginner Box and updated the full box's estimated release date to Jan 23rd this month. Wonder if they just slapped that date because it is the nominal street date Cubby posted a month ago, or if they're actually expecting them to be available then. Previously their date listings have been accurate so maybe....

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
What you may be seeing is normal lead time updates. Fans' zeal sometimes gets in the way of "Oh, that's how it normally works". As Cubby said, he was being upfront about progress without actually committing to a date.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
It's a funny thing, y'know? There has been progress since I started keeping close tabs on the production and shipping of these in late September or October. I can see things moving, I believe the fulfillment center reps in what they tell me.

But to most people, "progress" is only defined (justifiably) as "give me a date I can for-sure buy it." And trying to pin that down has been a rub all along.

Anyway. January 23, street date and online at CGL store.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 09:06:14 by Cubby »
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

StoneRhino

• Captain
Yeah, that's all that matters to us as customers, if you got the goods or not. My only real concern is when I can get them so that I don't see them all disappear before I get ahold of some. My second concern is how soon I can get them, paint them up, and run demos.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Just got a notice that my Amazon pre-order of the Beginner box has shipped.  Though it’s apparently being sent via UrbanMech, with a delivery date of March 5 (est.)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
For those of you waiting for this...

I just bought the beginner box, at my flgs, in Canada. Just out of the shipping box.

No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Just got a notice that my Amazon pre-order of the Beginner box has shipped.  Though it’s apparently being sent via UrbanMech, with a delivery date of March 5 (est.)

Amazon's delivery estimates always err on the safe side.  I ordered a calendar just before Christmas, it arrived last week, the estimated delivery date was Monday of next week, and stayed there until they changed the status to delivered.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
For those of you waiting for this...

I just bought the beginner box, at my flgs, in Canada. Just out of the shipping box.

I guess my question is how have you got it and your in Canada, but I am in Washington state and still cannot get it.
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
I guess my question is how have you got it and your in Canada, but I am in Washington state and still cannot get it.

Vagaries of shipping.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
A vast Blakist conspiracy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!

Well, my local game store had Good news and bad news for me (same greater metropolitan area as Roundtop), he went to his distributor in the AM on Friday AM and they had the Beginers Box set, they just couldn't release any to him yet as they had yet to be counted/inventoried etc.

So, for my store, he won;t be there for another week, and I'm not dying yet (I already picked up one of Each at genCon, so I can wait).
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
Ok, so after looking at all the contents in close detail...

The molds are better than the first batch at gen con (no flashing, no misaligned molds, no excess material.) Detail is great

The griffin was perfect, and facing a hex side properly. The wolverine had been pushed a bit forward in the box, so was tipping forward. I used the hot water trick to adjust him back to normal, and all is good.
Demo team agent #772

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Hot water… are these resin and not polystyrene?

Greatclub

• Captain
It works on a lot of plastics, too

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
High quality hard plastics, similar to GW stuff.

In case people don't know what the trick is, here is what I did (You will need tweezers/pliers, paper towel, two small-medium bowls, water):

WARNING: THIS INVOLVED BOILING HOT WATER. IF YOU ARE A CHILD, PARENTAL SUPERVISION IS ADVISED. IF YOU ARE A JADE FALCON, CONSULT YOUR NEAREST GHOST BEAR.

1) Boil water in a kettle (or microwave, but I prefer kettle)
2) Pour about 1-2" of boiling water into a small bowl
3) Get a 2nd bowl and add 1-2" of cold water (optional add ice)
4) holding the figure, place the part that is bent (or you want to bend) into the hot water for about 10-15s
5) Pull out, gently move to proper position (if it is too hot, or if needed, use pliers)
6) Repeat 4-5 as needed until it looks right.
7) Place figure in cold water, to cool down the hot parts.

This will lock in the plastic again after about 20 seconds.

For my wolverine, the hips had been pushed forward, so I heated the legs and hip, then moved it back, shifted the feet/ankle a bit, and using the pliers, adjusted the left knee outwards slightly.

This requires almost no pressure, it is highly malleable when doing this.
Demo team agent #772

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Consulted Ghost Bear, arms got ripped off, what did i do wrong?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
I think that's actually the expected result.

I was at a game store Saturday that apparently had the beginner box in last week, though they were sold out before I arrived.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Zero surprise there... those things are going to go like hot cakes... :)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
I was just surprised to find that they'd even had them.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Consulted Ghost Bear, arms got ripped off, what did i do wrong?

Didn't wash hands after making meatloaf.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
So, is this stuff on the CGL store?  I can't find the boxes or the shirts on store.catalystgamelabs.com.  I don't see it on the Amazon storefront that claims to be Catalyst, either.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Not yet.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
My local store (CT) got the Beginner Box a couple days ago: two garunteed sold out of four (?): I've got one from GenCon :)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
So you didn’t hear it from me but if you follow the links from the product pages, you can order the boxes RIGHT NOW THIS IS NOT A DRILL

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-a-game-of-armored-combat
https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-beginner-box

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Yes, my fault for not posting in this thread as well - both box sets are NOW LIVE on the CGL store.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
So you didn’t hear it from me but if you follow the links from the product pages, you can order the boxes RIGHT NOW THIS IS NOT A DRILL

If we had a box set with a Violator, it would be a drill.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major

Massive kudos to everyone who made this happen.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Register