Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: BattleTech Beginner Box and BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat  (Read 106778 times)

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I too ordered both from Catalyst on the 23rd with no notice of anything yet. Has anybody received their order?

Several people have posted the yes, they've received their orders from Catalyst.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2019, 00:45:22 by Bosefius »
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Gigastrike

• Master Sergeant
I too ordered both from Catalyst on the 23rd with no notice of anything yet. Has anybody received their order?

I ordered the main box on the 23rd and got it today.  I consider myself fairly lucky.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
As per Facebook catalyst post: beginner box is running low, new shipment is already under production and shipping out next week from China.

2nd shipment is as big as the first.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
I ordered the main box on the 23rd and got it today.  I consider myself fairly lucky.

Hopefully that means mine are waiting for me when I get home or I will see them by the end of the week.  Anxiously waiting. :D
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.

In celebration of the release, we played with the boxset last night. I had to share this because it was a true example of BT resiliency. The K2 Catapult went on to lose its left leg, then both arms. Truly a Monty Python Black Knight moment. The new sculpts were appreciated.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
It still had medium lasers, it could still fight!
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sargon

• Recruit
The shop I preordered from in the USA said they still have no ETA on receiving the Game of Armored Combat box (they did receive my order for the Beginner Box).

So I'm trying to decide, should I cancel my order with them and place an order direct with Catalyst (for more money)?  Are we already at risk of retailers not receiving product or is it just a matter of time before everyone gets it?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Well, they are already ordering more so its just a matter of it trickling through the networks and ordering schedules.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Boxes arrived today. They might have been delivered yesterday but the postal carriers were mercifully given a day off with -40-50f wind chill in the air. I'll probably get the package on the way email from the distributor within the next twelve hours  ;D 

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
I decided to pick up a Beginner Box today, since, among other things, Griffin.

The store still has a single Armored Warfare box left.  If I was into selling things on eBay I could probably make a nice profit off it.

But if I bought it, I'd just wind up keeping it for the Battlemaster and Thunderbolt.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Still nae commo traffic frae th’ depot - but tha’ dinnae matter th’ noo.  Th’ bluidy reinforcements hae arrived!  Deploying now!
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Any idea how long it will take for the next production run to reach distribution? I'm going to have to wait for the 2nd run to get my sets... 😭

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Any idea how long it will take for the next production run to reach distribution? I'm going to have to wait for the 2nd run to get my sets... 😭
Considering the disconnect the last time they answered that question, I think giving any sort of date would be a bad idea. Distribution does what distribution wants.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel

We don't know how long it will take. But it will definitely be announced that they're in stock.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Received an email with my tracking number for my box sets at 4:30pm, they were delivered by 5pm. But I got the email  ;D

They're coming folks, you may not receive notice but they're coming.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Considering the disconnect the last time they answered that question, I think giving any sort of date would be a bad idea. Distribution does what distribution wants.

Also, manufacturing and export does what manufacturing and export wants. I'd guess as an outsider, Headcase, that the new order will take less time than for the first, but not orders of magnitude less time. That's my wild outsider guess.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
Yeah not expecting a date so much as an "6-8 weeks" or "6-8 months" sort of estimate.  :thumbsup:
I know better than to ask for the impossible! 😁

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Also, manufacturing and export does what manufacturing and export wants. I'd guess as an outsider, Headcase, that the new order will take less time than for the first, but not orders of magnitude less time. That's my wild outsider guess.

But this time there Chinese New Year to work around

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Finally got my Beginners Box today from my FLGS, reading The Golden Rule now. :)
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
Finally got my Beginners Box today from my FLGS, reading The Golden Rule now. :)

"Let the Wookie win"?????  :thumbsup:

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
"Let the Wookie win"?????  :thumbsup:
xp
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer

They've already been printed, boxed, and container-ized. Just waiting for the next boat.

But this time there Chinese New Year to work around

Hopefully not.

Yeah not expecting a date so much as an "6-8 weeks" or "6-8 months" sort of estimate.  :thumbsup:
I know better than to ask for the impossible! 😁

More the former than the latter.

But the model I'm trying to move the line's communications to is more frequent updates relaying short-term progress ("They've shipped, we expect them stateside on X date, more info then"), rather than infrequent, long-term dart throws ("We only just sent the printer the files but we expect them to be on store shelves nine months from now, catch you then.")
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Weell, time to wait :/

From wayland games:
Thank you for your order at Wayland Games.

Regarding your recent order reference SULABZFIY , we regret to inform you that we have been notified by the UK distributor that we are only able to receive a limited amount of the following product, after receiving our initial wave of stock:

'CAT35020 - Battletech Beginner Box'

This item has been a lot more popular than the supplier originally anticipated.

We have done everything we can to try and source this from other suppliers, using various channels, but our full pre-order is not going to be fulfilled.

Our suppliers have to wait for this item to be reprinted at the manufacturers before they can fulfil our entire order.

I apologise for the delay in contact, we wanted to exhaust all suppliers before notifying customers.

If you wish to contact us, regarding your order, please reply back to this email which will be sent directly to our Helpdesk.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused..

Best regards,

I guess brexit will already have happened b the time I get my order processed, so price might skyrocket significantly as well due to customs.

Finlos

• Sergeant
I have in my hands my copy of both box sets and I must say...

Top. Notch. Work. on those box sets!

Very much looking forward to what comes next.

FredrikR

• Corporal
Both boxed sets arrived here in Sweden last week. Checked with my FLGS, but after some investigation turned out his distributor(s) did not carry BT (or Catalyst stuff i guess). Ended up ordering online from another store...semi-locally...in Stockholm. Quick delivery for me, but now out of stock!   :-)

Anyway, excellent work on the boxed sets, they really look great. And the minis are way above anything done for BT before.
Star Commander Jared, 2nd Falcon Jaegers, Clan Jade Falcon
"We are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
For those of you who ordered the box sets from the CGL Store on January 23rd, have you gotten your orders yet?  I still have not seen mine and we're nearing two weeks.  I've shot an email off to customer service already.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
For those of you who ordered the box sets from the CGL Store on January 23rd, have you gotten your orders yet?  I still have not seen mine and we're nearing two weeks.  I've shot an email off to customer service already.

I received mine the 31st.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
mine took nine days (23rd to the 31st), though i think it might have shown up a day earlier if not for the mail carriers getting a well-deserved day off from -50 wind chill. like clockwork, i got the incoming package email from catalyst a few hours after it was delivered.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DaddyHolby

• Private
I received mine on the 31st as well around 1 PM.  Shipment confirmation email arrived at about 2 PM that day and the shipment delivered email arrived at about 3 PM   :))

Register