Author Topic: ilClan Spoiler in 2nd SW? (Possible spoiler)  (Read 16856 times)

ShadowSwordmaster

• Sergeant
Re: ilClan Spoiler in 2nd SW? (Possible spoiler)
« Reply #90 on: 14 July 2020, 10:14:31 »
Victor Steiner-Davion famously did not care about Terra, when the Clans stated that it was their goal. Whilst the Successor States are aware of Terra's potential, to them it is just a way of clans ending up as salients. If the Clans fight over it, all the better.

To put it another way, the Free Worlds League can deal with Clan Wolf, but not the Jade Falcons. It would prefer Clan Wolf move away, yet sees the value in Clan Wolf preventing Clan Jade Falcon from bordering the League. If Clan Wolf leads Clan Jade Falcon to Terra for a fight, good. Let them fight it out. Heck, the Cappies might join in, making things all the more crazy. That Clan Wolf controls systems like Kalidasa, and Stewart is not good for the League's military industrial future. On the other hand, Clan Wolf would not want to defend systems from a serious Successor State offensive.

Right now it appears that the barbarians are more powerful than the Successor States. This does not mean that the Successor States will not overcome them in the long term. The thing about Clan culture is that it is catered to deal with population, and resource poor regions, something that the Inner Sphere is not. It will go the way of the Vandal influence on world culture.

Keep in mind that there is a system capable of producing warships, and we have no idea what is going on there.
This makes sense then. I

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #91 on: 14 July 2020, 11:48:56 »
What system is capable of warships?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: 14 July 2020, 13:04:31 »
What system is capable of warships?
Hint: It is a League system, and on the Wolf border.

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #93 on: 14 July 2020, 13:16:48 »
Alshain is capable of building Leviathan Battleships, and seems to be doing so if the Leviathan III entry in XTRO: Republic 3 is any indication. It seems the Ravens are providing assistance in the Bear's construction efforts.

Although, Alshain seems to be the only system confirmed as being able to build Warships, the Foxes in the Chainlaine Isles and the Ravens at Quatre Belle are capable of building Jumpships and maintaining Warships. So it seems that if the Sea Foxes or Ravens had the need to build more Warships they could do so relatively easily. Also, the Titan Yards of Terra could build Warships, but Stone as part of his peace initiative mothballed the Warship construction facilities, and the Republic has apparently had other priorities than reactivating them.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #94 on: 14 July 2020, 13:27:19 »
I thought the Ravens were capable of building Lola III's and Fredasas.

Can a Raven fan confirm or deny this? 
« Last Edit: 14 July 2020, 14:00:40 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #95 on: 14 July 2020, 18:24:32 »
If a clan has a naval slip, could it reproduce a brand new one or do only repairs?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 14 July 2020, 20:41:59 »
I think the most difficult things to acquire, would be the in-system manuvering drives, and the compact KF core. I don't know that you could effectively construct those from thin vacuum without support industry already producing them. Naval Weapons are probably a support-industry-necessary aspect as well. Those things are probably not normal assets of a shipyard that primarily serves Jumpships. If the system has those supporting features, then I suspect the main other things you need are the plans, sufficient manhours and raw materials.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #97 on: 14 July 2020, 23:00:11 »
There are quite a few locations in FWL space that have built a Warship and took minimal damage in the Jihad. Same with the Combine. I would have to check the others because their yards were more famous and easier to remember when the nukes flew.

Actually it is impressive that the only aerospace that the Wolf Empire picked up was the Cheetah and Defender II from Imstar Industries on Amity.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 15 July 2020, 07:46:57 »
 I was thinking of the Illium Shipyards. Tamarind could also just resume production of Impavidos at will. Hopefully they would upgrade them. Are the yards at Atreus still active?
« Last Edit: 15 July 2020, 07:59:41 by Minemech »

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 15 July 2020, 09:07:51 »
 If those shipyards are still capable of producing warships, then the Free Worlds League ought to have a navy capable of dealing with a Clan navy by now. Illium itself was quite the navy builder. Even not upgraded, 31st century League ships were competent against all, but the largest Clan ships (The BBs).

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #100 on: 16 July 2020, 20:07:01 »
The Wolves also hold Trellisane, which is home to Gutierrez Aerospace facilities. Though not noted by FM3145 they could still be active and providing some additional Aerospace production. The Wolves lack of Aerospace production does provide a major reason for their taking of Skye from the Falcons, which in addition to producing Seydlitz Cs and Lucifer III Cs Skye also has extensive Dropship yards.