Author Topic: Valkerie's Mini Corner  (Read 8442 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Valkerie's Mini Corner
« Reply #30 on: 15 April 2018, 19:32:41 »
Now the Striker Lance: Tarantula, Hammer, Hermes II, and Wraith.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #31 on: 15 April 2018, 19:37:50 »
And lastly, group shots and an extra pic of the Tarantula.  I'm very happy with how it came out.  Definitely the best looking of bunch I think.

After this I've got a few one offs I want to do, and then it is going to be a Clan Wolf trinary from the beginning of the invasion.  That will be my first canon Clan work.

Thanks for viewing, and all comments and feedback are welcome as always.  :)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #32 on: 16 April 2018, 02:54:45 »
A sight to warm my Marik heart! All very well and consistently done, with good jewelling & great basing!

Next challenge - gentle reposing! The Hammer looks like it's hiding from Lyrans who beat it up ;) Despite that, still great work.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2018, 09:15:58 »
A sight to warm my Marik heart! All very well and consistently done, with good jewelling & great basing!

Next challenge - gentle reposing! The Hammer looks like it's hiding from Lyrans who beat it up ;) Despite that, still great work.

W.

Thank you sir!  Your 'ghostbrush' suggestion made that all possible.  Much thanks for that  :thumbsup:

And while I agree with you on the Hammer, I tried to think of it more like it's quietly sneaking up on those same Lyrans... :beatdown: :P

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #34 on: 29 April 2018, 22:03:20 »
Hello all.  Some more stuff from the workshop.  Finished decaling my 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry company, and took new pics with a better camera.  :D  What a difference that makes.  Only had one mishap on the decals.  Gunslinger has one that got clipped a little short.  It was the last one, so couldn't replace it.  Oh well.  ::)

Got some new stuff to follow very shortly here.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #35 on: 29 April 2018, 22:18:33 »
And now the new stuff.  A mercenary company I'm working on for my step-son, complete with tank support in the form of four Manticores.  Still need to pick up the rest of the mechs, but its a start.  So, his assault lance: Sagittaire, Berserker, Longbow, and Mad Cat Mk II.  They're still in progress.  He chose the color scheme.  Something he made up for his character in Halo 3 or 4.  However, the actual coloring credit has to go to Deadborder.  It was his colorization of TRO artwork that inspired the final color choices.  Specifically this guy: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=27018.msg1288694#msg1288694.  So a big thank you to Deadborder for that. :thumbsup:  The gold was added in to complete the desired scheme.

Still got some work to do, but they are coming together nicely.  :)

More to come as I finish them off.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #36 on: 02 June 2018, 16:37:41 »
Howdy all.  Finished up the work on those mercs for my stepson.  Working name for the moment is the "Halo Division" (thanks for that WT!)  First up, the Mad Cat Mk II and the Sagittaire.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #37 on: 02 June 2018, 16:41:57 »
Next we have the Berserker, the Longbow, and the 4 Manticores.

Only 8 more mechs to go!  :)

Paint Job:
Base: JoSonja Artist Acrylics Black
Purple: Vallejo Game Color Warlord Purple
Metallics: Vallejo Game Color Polished Gold and Hammered Copper
« Last Edit: 02 June 2018, 16:52:49 by Valkerie »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #38 on: 02 June 2018, 16:52:19 »
And the last new one for today.  The new Marauder MAD-9W2 mini!  8)  I was once again inspired by one of Deadborder's colorizations for this one (https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=27018.msg1336277#msg1336277). Though I did add a third color and some mettalics to it as well.  Little different color scheme than what I've worked with in the past, but I like how it came out.  Might have to do some more in the future.  Enjoy all!  :)

Paint Job:
Base:  Vallejo Game Color Jade Green drybrushed with Game Color Turquoise
Purple: Game Color Warlord Purple
Green Trim: DecoArt Americana Sea Breeze
Metallics: Game Color Brassy Brass

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #39 on: 02 June 2018, 18:19:21 »
Those manticores  :drool:

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #40 on: 02 June 2018, 19:01:05 »
The Halo Division continues to look ready to bust the walls and fight Shadowrun O0 The Marauder looks like the Sea Fox scheme from Dark Age. And the cockpit jewelling has come out really well!

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #41 on: 14 June 2018, 23:47:01 »
Hello again everyone.  Today's newest addition to the collection: one Hellspawn reculpt in the colors of Wolf's Dragoons Gamma Regiment.  I have an existing lance from the Regiment already.  This is the first entry into the next lance, heading for a full company.  So he has friends who will be joining him, but they are currently waiting for more basing supplies to show up... :(  More to come this weekend hopefully.

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #42 on: 15 June 2018, 00:50:37 »
Hello again everyone.  Today's newest addition to the collection: one Hellspawn reculpt in the colors of Wolf's Dragoons Gamma Regiment.  I have an existing lance from the Regiment already.  This is the first entry into the next lance, heading for a full company.  So he has friends who will be joining him, but they are currently waiting for more basing supplies to show up... :(  More to come this weekend hopefully.

Hellspawn looks great!
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 15 June 2018, 20:19:39 »
A simple scheme, but done very well. And the new Hellspawn looks so much better than the old!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #44 on: 15 June 2018, 20:35:06 »
Hellspawn looks great!

A simple scheme, but done very well. And the new Hellspawn looks so much better than the old!

Thank you both!  And yes, it is a simple scheme.  Probably the easiest one I've come up with so far.  Primed gray and base coated with DecoArt Americana Deep Midnight Blue.  Then I do two drybrush coats.  First one is a 3:1 mix of the Deep Midnight and white, and then the second one is a 1:1 mix of the same two again.  I could probably do a whole lance in a day if I really put my mind to it.  ;)

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #45 on: 15 June 2018, 21:20:18 »
I'm really loving that blue scheme. I might need to hijack it from you for a Lyran themed list.  8)

There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Lyran way. Which is to say:  The wrong way using Assault 'Mechs.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #46 on: 16 June 2018, 00:07:00 »
I'm really loving that blue scheme. I might need to hijack it from you for a Lyran themed list.  8)

Go right ahead by all means.  I've hijacked my fair share of schemes from around here.  ;)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #47 on: 18 June 2018, 17:45:32 »
Good afternoon all!  Back with more picks from my latest Dragoons lance.  Didn't pick up any more basing supplies this weekend, but that won't stop the photos!

So to go along with the Hellspawn, we add the new Chimera CMA-1S resculpt, the new Uziel UZL-2S, and the Thanatos.  All four make up some of my favorite mechs from Mechwarrior 4.  Group shot of them all at the end.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #48 on: 18 June 2018, 17:47:57 »
And lastly, a group shot with my existing fire lance.  Little surprised at how much the dull coat darkens the blue (the new guys have not been sprayed yet).  Haven't decided what I'm going to do for the last lance of the company.  Something hard hitting most likely.  ;)

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #49 on: 25 June 2018, 19:29:45 »
How do you like the Chimera and Hellspawn resculpts? I'm always looking for feedback on my minis! (I sculpted both of those)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #50 on: 25 June 2018, 20:38:42 »
They both get a big two thumbs up from me.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't own either of the originals.  But your sculpts not only nailed the TRO artwork, I felt they really captured the look and flavor of the designs from Mechwarrior 4.  And they assembled nicely as well.

Hope my paint job did them justice.  ;)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #51 on: 31 July 2018, 01:31:10 »
Well, a month and a half later, and my stepson's "Halo Division" is completed.  Scored a three day weekend this week, and made good use of it.  Cranked hard to finish up the last paint details, get the decals on, and apply the basing.  I was dubious of the paint scheme when my stepson suggested using his Halo character colors, but looking at the group together, it works nicely.  And a big thank you to Worktroll for the "Halo Division" name.  Now we just need some good fluff for this mercenary group!  :D

And the lineup is:
Assault Lance: Berserker, Mad Cat Mk II, Sagittaire, Longbow
Heavy Lance: Battlemaster, Warhammer, Archer, Rifleman
Striker Lance: Nightsky, Huron Warrior, Wolfhound, Anubis

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  Enjoy all!  8)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #52 on: 31 July 2018, 01:31:32 »
And the group shot.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 31 July 2018, 05:12:17 »
WOW! very sweet! :thumbsup:

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #54 on: 31 July 2018, 09:09:06 »
Achileus suits might make goot Spartans ;)

W O0

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #55 on: 31 July 2018, 19:17:17 »
Achileus suits might make goot Spartans ;)

That's a great idea WT!  I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.  That and deciding which one of these guys is the "master chief's" ride (I'm leaning towards the Mad Cat MK II).  :D

koalabirb

• Sergeant
  • aka Borrado
« Reply #56 on: 01 August 2018, 02:29:04 »
These are great!

BA done up like Spartan IIs would be a nice touch.

I'm sure there is an IFV that looks comparable to a Warthog, right?