Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Fan Articles / Re: Mech of the Week: Deimos
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 12:37:38 »
I don't think so.  The Stone Rhino has large pulse lasers instead of ER larges, not to mention the lack of XL engine vulnerability, so no heat penalty with a side torso loss.  Though I think the Deimos H putting Gauss rifles in the arms is a better placement for those weapons as it keeps the explodium out of the torsos.

It’s closer to the Loki II Prime.  Just with a heavy large laser and jump jets instead of a Streak pod.
PGI has said in the past that they really don't make a lot of money on light 'mechs.  I imagine mediums are in the same situation.
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Gorgon on Today at 12:07:42 »
Tyra's and Trent's chance meeting was really touching. It's a strange relationship those two have formed, but it feels realistic and relatable.

And Righteous Indignation is the most Smoke Jaguar name ever  :grin:
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 12:04:32 »
Well, the rule of thumb of the design team of BT should be the exchange of even worse thingsequivalents - at least, usually.

Yeah... I s'pose it's in the nature of table-top gaming. Some people need to take a step back and enjoy the game.
To OP: If you're interested in more hard sci-fi technology, I'd take a look at Terra Invicta for some inspiration.  The technologies are more on the hard sci-fi side with a handful exception (Exotics being the magical alien material that helps some of the plotlines to work and gives them a technological advantage throughout the game), so it could give some ideas of potential technologies rooted in reality.  The game itself is hard and time consuming, but pretty fun if you can get the hang of it.

FWIW, that is exactly what I was thinking about, the moment I realized what the OP meant.

Interestingly enough, for all that BT is extremely "backwards" where things like maximum (or even just effective) weapons ranges are concerned, even the aliens in Terra Invicta would probably sell their favorite grandmother in order to get their hands on BT drive technology. I mean, sustained thrust at 1g or above even for million ton battleships, and 24.000-ish kps (assuming four weeks of thrust at 1g) delta-v - that is a wee bit better than the best I´ve seen their ships sport.
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by PuppyLikesLaserPointers on Today at 11:28:54 »
Well, the rule of thumb of the design team of BT should be the exchange of even worse thingsequivalents - at least, usually.
« Last post by BATTLEMASTER on Today at 11:24:34 »
so the Deimos H is basically a better Stone Rhino 1..

I don't think so.  The Stone Rhino has large pulse lasers instead of ER larges, not to mention the lack of XL engine vulnerability, so no heat penalty with a side torso loss.  Though I think the Deimos H putting Gauss rifles in the arms is a better placement for those weapons as it keeps the explodium out of the torsos.
« Last post by tassa_kay on Today at 11:24:22 »
Deimos was as least as much of a war god as some of the deities whose names were used for canon vehicles.

Out of morbid curiosity, which vehicles are you referring to?
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 11:16:18 »
Clan vehicles are specifically named after war/martial gods, and Deimos doesn't quite fit the bill for that. Adjacent, though.

Deimos was as least as much of a war god as some of the deities whose names were used for canon vehicles.
still no response from mrbooth so i'm assuming the reason was impatience

Or my Niece and Nephew just came into the world and I spent the weekend with my family and didn't see the question but you keep making assumptions.

As for what's missing Cyc pretty much laid out what is still missing with no update on when to expect it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register