Author Topic: MegaMekLab double heat sink trouble  (Read 1952 times)

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
MegaMekLab double heat sink trouble
« on: 29 May 2019, 00:03:47 »
I am trying to create a new Anubis variant with double mml3s and
Okay I don't what I did but somehow got enough required heat sinks shoved in one torso with space left over (required is 10 and I got that from one double heat sink on screen) buuut now I don't know how to get back to that point. Now if I remove one it cant be moved into the crit slot where it originally was..I think this is a bug or I did something weird. Any help?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
Re: MegaMekLab double heat sink trouble
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2019, 08:42:39 »
Ok, guessing a bit here, but you are using the ABS-5Z as a base, with the speed increased to 8/12? Did you intend to add a hand actuator to the left arm?

This is for an ABS-5Z conversion to the above, without the extra hand actuator.
1. Change tech base to Experimental, Mixed Tech Inner Sphere.
2. Swap the Stealth Armor for Standard. This will be changed back to Stealth in the next to last step.
3. Remove Streak SRM-4s and ammo.
4. Increase speed to 8/12 and swap heat sinks to Clan Doubles. The speed increase reduces required Heats Sinks to be assigned to 1 instead of 2.
5. Add 2 MML-3s, 2 tons ammo, and CASE.
6. Assign 1 Clan DHS to RT,  2 MMLs to RT and LT, and both tons of ammo to the LT.
7. Add the CASE to the LT just below the Endo Crits.
8. Ensure there are 2 open slots in the LA, LT, LL, RA, RT, and RL. You may, if you wish, move the Endo Crits around. I didn't.
9. Change Armor back to Stealth.
10. Rename the Anubis model to whatever and save.

Big thing here that I noticed is that you cannot move the Stealth Armor crits. Why I swapped it for Standard Armor while I modified the rest.

Included the above finished mech below.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 11:05:32 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2019, 08:44:45 »
What version of MML are you using?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Aquila_Tequila

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2019, 11:21:33 »

4. Increase speed to 8/12 and swap heat sinks to Clan Doubles. The speed increase reduces required Heats Sinks to be assigned to 1 instead of 2.

Big thing here that I noticed is that you cannot move the Stealth Armor crits. Why I swapped it for Standard Armor while I modified the rest.

Included the above finished mech below.

Ahhh, thats what it did upping the speed. Thanks problem solved, why would upping speed reduce heat sink crit size though. 

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2019, 11:49:51 »
Ahhh, thats what it did upping the speed. Thanks problem solved, why would upping speed reduce heat sink crit size though.

Bigger engines tend to have more Heat Sink capacity. Such as a 250 will hold all 10 heat sinks and a 275 will hold 11.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Register